Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you a lapsed fan?

Are you a lapsed fan?

• Yes, I have given up on the team and no longer attend.

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • No. I attend regardless, when I am able to.

Votes: 30 33.0%
  • My interest has waned, but I do watch them now and again.

Votes: 32 35.2%
  • Unable to attend for other reasons (Financial/Family/Location/etc)

Votes: 20 22.0%

• Total voters

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I've been overseas for the past 3 years, but tended to watch a game when I was at home for a week or two. But now I've been back more full-time since November, I've been to one game, which was a with a friend who had a spare ticket. I don't think that it's even the poor performances that puts me off, but more Withdean. It's just depressing, lacks atmosphere and even worse if it rains. I'm more concerned that, if we get to Falmer, it's going to be 3/4 empty and the all-seating is going to ensure that the atmosphere stays rubbish since fans will be all spread out. I still look out for results every game though and keep an eye on the score if I'm near a TV during the game.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I have been supporting the team since 1956 and been a STH many years, but I am now finding the excitement of match days is dwindling. Will I renew my season ticket? I think there has to be a massive change to the way the club is now being run. I want a manager here who will manage and if that means standing up to the chairman so be it, as it appeared DW attempted. I somehow get the feeling that MA is now just a puppet and does what he is told. I think this is reflected in the fact MA has never appointed his own coach.
I wonder how DK would have controlled Brian Clough if he had been chairman then. He would not have put up with any interference in playing affairs.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I have been to two matches out of the last 26. I have found better things to do on a Saturday and I have no inclination to watch the team again in the near future (apart from a possible jaunt to The New Den next week).

I have even got to the stage where I could not care less if we stay up or go down. The team I loved and would watch at home religiously is now an insignificant irritant that causes a small and temporary bit of anguish when I check out the result.
Tipical response of someone that doesn't bleed passion or hurt.People like you are not true supporters in my books.
Myself i'm really pissed off at the moment and it hurts seeing us play badly.The reason i don't go as much as a should is because it's to painfull to watch and i have a habbit of taking shit performances home with me.If i stay away it's not as bad but still shit.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
People will lose interest during the bad times inevitably, but no fan would say they don't care if we go down or not.

You just seem to be attention seeking to me.
I agree and i question his passion for the Albion.I don't believe he is a proper die hard fan.I'm not talking about going to every match etc.He doesn't have that feeling that some people get.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What pains me is the fact we should be all really excited as finally after a monumental campaign by everyone we will have a new stadium.

At present all that effort if worthless if we are going to continue with this spineless, feckless performances on the pitch.

I now question why I bothered to do so much to get us to Falmer now this is happening.

And I am not a lapsed fan however after game Saturday I made it very clear what I thought of this mess we are in as I left the game.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
To be honest, I could not care less how I seem to come across. Quite rich considering you and your little tribe plague the board with you intelligible tripe and babyish musings.

BoF, I think the opinion you may have of said 'little tribe' could be largely based on Paxton Dazo's posts, rather than Snoobs' Seagull's or any of his associates. A mis conception perhaps.

For what it's worth I didn't think you were attention seeking in the slightest, nor have ever 'seeked'.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Tipical response of someone that doesn't bleed passion or hurt.People like you are not true supporters in my books.
Myself i'm really pissed off at the moment and it hurts seeing us play badly.The reason i don't go as much as a should is because it's to painfull to watch and i have a habbit of taking shit performances home with me.If i stay away it's not as bad but still shit.

I could not give a fig if you do not think I am a true supporter. Although you have pretty much written what I do feel most of the time in your latter statement. It is much easier to avoid the feeling of disappointment, if one does not go week in, week out.

I agree and i question his passion for the Albion.I don't believe he is a proper die hard fan.I'm not talking about going to every match etc.He doesn't have that feeling that some people get.

I used to. When I was attending matches and watching the insipid displays served up and the disappointing results it would, effectively, ruin my weekend (mood wise).

Ah well. I am sure my enthusiasm will be stoked up at some point. It is quite easy to fall out of love with something and just as easy to fall in love with something.

BoF, I think the opinion you may have of said 'little tribe' could be largely based on Paxton Dazo's posts, rather than Snoobs' Seagull's or any of his associates. A mis conception perhaps.

For what it's worth I didn't think you were attention seeking in the slightest, nor have ever 'seeked'.

I was thinking more along the lines of Safe. :blush: I am not bothered either way. Solely a response to a misguided accusation. Peace shall be given a chance.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Became a lapsed fan when I moved to the States. Up until then I was a season ticket holder and went to about 50% of the away games. Like others in this thread the Albion had been a massive part of my life but I found towards the end I only really enjoyed the away games - chance to go to other grounds and pubs. I just found going to Withdean a pain - expensive, wet, no atmosphere, poor team performances, literally waiting for the fulltime whistle…….whereas I always looked forward to going to the Goldstone. I know mates who have turned down lucrative jobs overseas or elsewhere in the UK as it would stop them seeing the Albion play - I respect and admire that but certainly wouldn’t let it influence me especially seeing how inept the current management and team are and how cynically they treat lifelong supporters. Like a lot of fans I did see Dick Knight as the best solution at the time - but it really is time for him to move on, but can’t see that happening until he walks out on to the pitch at Falmer with the Albion in League 2.

I still follow them and will watch them when I'm back in the UK but I really don’t miss seeing them play.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I could not give a fig if you do not think I am a true supporter. Although you have pretty much written what I do feel most of the time in your latter statement. It is much easier to avoid the feeling of disappointment, if one does not go week in, week out.

I used to. When I was attending matches and watching the insipid displays served up and the disappointing results it would, effectively, ruin my weekend (mood wise).

Ah well. I am sure my enthusiasm will be stoked up at some point. It is quite easy to fall out of love with something and just as easy to fall in love with something.

I was thinking more along the lines of Safe. :blush: I am not bothered either way. Solely a response to a misguided accusation. Peace shall be given a chance.

Lets be fair here Paul.To say you don't care if we go down is somewhat pathetic.I was suprised you would post somethink like that and you can see why people thought you were attention seeking.Not one of your better posts i amit.I think your just pissed off with the Albion at the moment like most of us.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Quite rich considering you and your little tribe plague the board with you intelligible tripe and babyish musings.

Tribe? Who else would this include?

I think it would be fair to say I'm not really one of the contributors of the "intelligible tripe and babyish musings" anyway.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
My love for the Albion will never end, I hope (even if we go down or not).

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
i managed two games up this way last season and hope to do Scunny and Huddersfield this season, other than that , i have lost a lot of enthusiasm

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm with BoF. Of course I'd rather we didn't go down, but there are many reasons why I can no longer be arsed on a day-to-day basis. Astonishly, Thicky Adams' incompetence is only part of the reason - if I wasn't already partially lapsed I think I'd be f***ing FURIOUS at what he's done with the playing side.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I gave up my season ticket after 6 years,the season before last - Wilkins first season.
Boring football at wet Withdean finally got to me!
Have been twice this season. Not seen us win! The last game was the 1-0 loss to 9 man Walsall. Plan to go a couple of more times before the end of the season - probably away.

Having said that. It still pisses me off big time when we lose! Saturday was no exception.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here