Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you a lapsed fan?

Are you a lapsed fan?

• Yes, I have given up on the team and no longer attend.

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • No. I attend regardless, when I am able to.

Votes: 30 33.0%
  • My interest has waned, but I do watch them now and again.

Votes: 32 35.2%
  • Unable to attend for other reasons (Financial/Family/Location/etc)

Votes: 20 22.0%

• Total voters

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I've been fed up with the Withdean Stadium for years and due to this seasons shiteness i've turned down Free Tickets on quite a few occasions...yes FREE tickets (Thanks Rob!). If we were doing much better I would be a Superfan and accept them but lately I've just though "nah...waste of time & effort!"

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
A question to all these lapsed fans.
IF we were playing like the bunch of soccerflids we are now, BUT we were playing at Falmer, would you still go??

I keep hearing, the football's shit, the manager is clueless, Withdean is crap, etc etc.
So would a change of home venue be enough to actually make people come back.

I think the fans that still go, the club are RELYING and assuming people will just turn up once we move, but I think we may struggle (apart from the first game, when super fan x/y/z cant get a ticket because everyone comes out the woodwork)

If the fans dont come back, then Falmer will become a big white elephant which we cannot afford to run because we need 12,000 people turning up every game

1066gull

Im the same as you BoF, Im really trying to do more important things in my life first after overcoming the gambling problem of 2006-2008

1 game this season and no intention of adding to it until Adams has been displaced at the very least

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
IF we were playing like the bunch of soccerflids we are now, BUT we were playing at Falmer, would you still go??

I keep hearing, the football's shit, the manager is clueless, Withdean is crap, etc etc.

in a word...No!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don't live locally now and work commitments are also a factor. I have to admit I would make more of an effort if we were playing well.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

I

Yes, yes it would.

I do not often go to Withdean any more - I really hate the place with a passion - too far from the pitch, no roof, moaners, people who stare at you if you try and start singing, it's just CRAP.

Sorry, I know that makes me a bad fan, but with the product on the pitch being so AWFUL, and the cost being so high, I'm afraid it really is a no brainer.

I am sorry but we only really go to away games, and give the other clubs our money.

However, whatever division we are in we will be getting ST at Falmer., I just hope there are abount another 10,000 lapsed fans like me.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Yes, I am a lapsed fan, I pick and choose the games I want to go to, which seems to be getting less and less each year, to be honest I'd rather spend £25 on something entertaining than the current 90 minutes of drivel that are frequently on offer.

I'll be at Wem-ber-ley though if we get there! :ascarf:

borowha

Dec 19, 2008
well lapsed me.I used to go home and away for years,and was at the last game at the Goldstone.I still look out for the results and have been to a couple of games at the withdean.I now watch Eastbourne Borough and have been a season ticket holder for a number of years.Alot of guys from "my time" that I still keep in touch with,no longer go but follow local and lower league football.When Falmer is built I will look to get along.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Since Wilkins was sacked I've become FAR less interested. I'll go to the odd game here and there but it's just not fun anymore.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Maybe he half feels (as I do) that it would be better watching a winning team in League 2 than more of the same in League 1 next season.

Maybe we will win more in League Two? Would it be the end of the club if we were relegated? I just don't see it as the be all and end all of the grand scheme of things.

I'm sorry but as much as I don't really give a shit any more either that is just not true. Even in a shithole such as Withdean this club should easily be challenging in and around the playoff in L1. If we were still in the Championship i might agree as we were without doubt punching above our weight there but clearly with the money we've spent on players in the past few seasons we should never be thinking L2 is acceptable.

And for the record, a combination of the Wilkins saga, Adams tactical goonery and Withdean being the worst 'football' stadium in the country mean I can't be arsed any more. Went recently because I had hospitality tickets but other than that I'd like to not go until Falmer

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
i had a season ticket for 12 years until 2004 then got one again for 06-07 ....only been to 2 games this season...the football has been shit under Adams but to be fair it was also shit under Mcghee and Wilkins have not enjoyed the football since coppell left.

It was also shit under many, many other managers too.

That's what the Albion's been about for much of it's history. Mostly poor football but with the occasional decent season or highlight and I don't expect it to change much as long as I live. I'm as disappointed as anyone about what's going on this season but, over a 50 year period, it's nothing new.

In the end, it's irrelevant to me who is the chairman, manager, players, etc. They come and go, as will success and failure. It's the Albion - it's in my blood and I'm proud of it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Was a STH even after I moved to Saaafend and would rock up for every home game.

Did'nt renew this year as new baby means the 4 hour round trip +105 mins of dross in the middle seems less attractive than it used to.

I will go to games which are localish to me and will be at the Millwall game this Sat, but until we sort out the atmosphere and general stalag luft mentality at Withdean...nah.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here