Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you a Jimmy Savile?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I can't believe that many people even give a f***. it's footballfor fucks sake not basketball. We don't need sodding cheerleaders. What happened to just a bit of music on the tannoy and Gully twatting around in front of the kids?

But its not just the cheerleading on the pitch they help behind the scenes with AITC and the kiddies love them which is good for the next generation of fans. I am not a fan but I see the good work they do and this is a shitty way of treating them after the effort they put in unpaid over many years. Maybe we could start charging for AITC engagements.

I have given Barber the benefit of the doubt but I am starting to wonder how far he will push us - I am not wearing the campaign t-shirt just yet but I have now washed it ready.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
But its not just the cheerleading on the pitch they help behind the scenes with AITC and the kiddies love them which is good for the next generation of fans. I am not a fan but I see the good work they do and this is a shitty way of treating them after the effort they put in unpaid over many years. Maybe we could start charging for AITC engagements.

I have given Barber the benefit of the doubt but I am starting to wonder how far he will push us - I am not wearing the campaign t-shirt just yet but I have now washed it ready.

This is what I wanted to say, except that my Barber out shirt still hasn't been ordered just yet.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Is this definitely Paul Barber's decision though? I know everyone likes to blame him for all the bad things at the club, but surely some it is not down to him and even if it is, wouldn't Tony Bloom be able to step in if he thinks Barber is going too far? Just not keen on jumping on the anti-Barber bandwgaon when I have no idea if it is definitely his decisions!

This.

I don't know if Paul Barber is responsible for getting rid of GGs, but at the end of the day, any decisions that are made, must surely be run past, and approved by, Tony. Maybe people should be venting their FURY at Bloom, not Barber. :shrug:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

This although I'm beginning to wonder why I didn't take the warnings from [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] more seriously - I wish I had. My t-shirt was washed and ironed when he forced NSC to close the Ticket Exchange.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Is this serious? Society seems to have a very f***ed up and warped idea of what paedophilia is these days, does it not mean an attraction to pre-pubescent youths?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You can stick your Fan Engagement up your arse
You can stick your Fan Engagement up your arse
You can stick your Fan Engagement
Stick your Fan Engagement
Stick your Fan Engagement UP YOUR ARS

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Well that's the pre christmas fancy dress sorted for the Millwall game then

3330.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

And the help they do at the REMF footie game

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Is this serious? Society seems to have a very f***ed up and warped idea of what paedophilia is these days, does it not mean an attraction to pre-pubescent youths?

Exactly, as far as I'm aware, none of Gully's Girls are pre-pubescent...

But what about those teenage guys who don't like older girls? :nono:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I would think that Barber has pretty much a full reign over day to day running of the club as Chief Executive and that Tony Bloom would not undermine his position, so I should imagine TB is very much sitting in the wings. I would also imagine taking a step like they have in dumping the GG's from a very great height and throwing shit on them as they fell would have to be made at CEO level.

I would suggest, personally, that Mr Barber does some more extensive work on previous Albion CEO's and realises that the wounds have yet to close. He won't win support from the fans by steamroller'ing through all his ideas at once, and actually, is alienating many at a very early stage. If he doesn't care about wanting the support of the fans then I would suggest he is skating on wafer thin ice. This club does not forget where a previous CEO left us!

And suggesting we may be paedos is just downright insulting.

i would think that Barber has pretty much a full reign over day to day running of the club as Chief Executive and that Tony Bloom would not undermine his position, so I should imagine TB is very much sitting in the wings. I would also imagine taking a step like they have in dumping the GG's from a very great height and throwing shit on them as they fell would have to be made at CEO level.

i would suggest, personally, that Mr Barber does some more extensive work on previous Albion CEO's and realises that the wounds have yet to close. He won't win support from the fans by steamroller'ing through all his ideas at once, and actually, is alienating many at a very early stage. If he doesn't care about wanting the support of the fans then I would suggest he is skating on wafer thin ice. This club does not forget where a previous CEO left us!

and suggesting we may be paedos is just downright insulting.

Agree:thumbsup:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Is this the first step to a sterile Amex, what next no more pre match team announcement because of Stuart Hall

Good point well made, You're not making many friends Barber...Just change for changes sake in my opinion.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This although I'm beginning to wonder why I didn't take the warnings from [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] more seriously - I wish I had. My t-shirt was washed and ironed when he forced NSC to close the Ticket Exchange.

This thread is making me chuckle:
Interview with Paul Barber

You had [MENTION=18713]TottonSeagull[/MENTION] deciding that anyone who was sceptical about his appointment was "a narrow minded buffoon", and when [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] had a moan about ticket price increases being grossly unfair early on his watch, [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] suggested using the NSC ticket exchange instead.

All going well so far then. :lolol:

Incidentally, this was the main thread shortly after he joined:
Paul Barber - first impressions

Sorry to be a smart arse, but even back then I was only passing on what I'd heard:
Paul Barber - first impressions

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
A real shame - Gully's Girls helped set us apart and by that I mean 'above' other Cheerleaders as they were part of the Club and Community activities and were excellent role models for younger supporters. Who knows where we will end up as we get more Corporate focused. Anyway Best of luck to all the Girls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here