Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we spoilt?

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Withdean Wanderer said:
Is this how things were meant to be?

We moved back to Withdean, and got fairly decent crowds...yes...but we also got some fairly instant success.

The first season at Withdean, we finished outside the play offs...had we had another couple of mid table finishes, would crowds have actually been decent? Had it not been for Zamora & co, we wouldn't have had Championship football, we wouldn't have had 3 FANTASTIC promotion seasons...

Is all the discontent now just a result of the good times we've had in recent years? The increased expectancy? If we'd had pretty average seasons at Withdean, and just managed to stay up, would people be angered about the current situation?

Yes - Falmer is a bit of a farce. But I can't help think that we're pissed off now because we've had it so good the last few years.

totally agree and thats probably why things seem so bad now, when really we're not doing all that bad

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Large One said:
It is a great improvement from Gillingham. The teams that played at Gillingham were truly awful. Irrespective of the utter bollocks happening off the pitch (a major reason to be sure), there was one over-riding reason why we still were bottom of the Fourth Division - the players were utter shite. There is a reason why hardly any of the players from 1997 were still playing league football three years later.

Too many people have too short memories.

i am not sure people have short memories, I just think people have selective memories.

I remember with some fondness the times at Gillingham - the cameraderie, the travelling, drinking together, coach trips etc etc.....It just seemed better some how ( certainly better than the last couple of years) The Promotion years and the play off years since we have been at withdean have been great, of that there is no doubt, the problem is that when we went down when Coppel was here, it didnt seem as bad as we fought back from a horrendous start and had a go. When we went down last year we did it with a whimper...and that seems the main issue now

It would be interesting to see what the split of people will be when they started watching the Albion ( I am sure its been done) and those who like me have been watching for over 30 years, if they think this is a good time, a bad time, or just a continuation of our troubled history.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here