Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we running out of people to BLAME

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I blame the players' lack of ability, not the players themselves. It doesn't matter how much commitment and passion they show, if they don't have the talent and ability to match or better that of the opponents, they'll be inferior and look it.

In my opinion, we simply do not have enough players of the quality needed to get anywhere near the play-offs. No amount of commitment, extra coaching or different tactics is going to change that. Don't blame those who simply aren't good enough - it's not a fault to have only a finite degree of talent.

One could blame those who have brought them to the club for choosing badly but available funds dictate some of that, and all managers get things wrong sometimes. (Despite all his successes, Ferguson has brought in some donkeys at Old Trafford in the past!)

Hopefully Mr Bloom has the resources to bring in the right quality soon, but we'll have to be patient for promotion and it won't be this season. There are too many clubs that are simply better than us...and they can strengthen their teams in the transfer window too!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Well yes, fine, no one is really arguing with that, but 3-0 and 4-1? Where was the backs to the wall gritty defending, rearguard action, mounting a comeback, type of stuff? I don't care if we lose to two of the best sides if we have some fight. This is pathetic though. From my high horse in the far east (sorry :blush:) I say that those are the kinds of performances that get managers the sack. Surprising that those two performances come at the start of a new manager's reign, on the back of two very promising victories.

So I blame the players, as it has always been. To narrow it down, not Smith or Elphick or Cox, but the senior players who should be pulling everyone together and sorting out the upstarts. I blame Forster, Kuipers, Whing, Hart, Virgo, El-Abd for not getting the rest of the team 'gelling' :facepalm: and playing with passion.
I don't want to make excuses, but I wouldn't say the defending was that bad against Leeds even though we conceded three, only the second was really poor defending and even then it was a great ball, and great pace and touch from Beckford.
Maybe there's a bit of complacency crept in after two wins, maybe old habits die hard, I don't know, but i genuinely think that in a few weeks we will look back to the response to last night's match and think of it as an overreaction.

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
I blame the players' lack of ability, not the players themselves. It doesn't matter how much commitment and passion they show, if they don't have the talent and ability to match or better that of the opponents, they'll be inferior and look it.

In my opinion, we simply do not have enough players of the quality needed to get anywhere near the play-offs. No amount of commitment, extra coaching or different tactics is going to change that. Don't blame those who simply aren't good enough - it's not a fault to have only a finite degree of talent.

One could blame those who have brought them to the club for choosing badly but available funds dictate some of that, and all managers get things wrong sometimes. (Despite all his successes, Ferguson has brought in some donkeys at Old Trafford in the past!)

Hopefully Mr Bloom has the resources to bring in the right quality soon, but we'll have to be patient for promotion and it won't be this season. There are too many clubs that are simply better than us...and they can strengthen their teams in the transfer window too!

I agree . IT ALLL GOES BACK TO ARCHER AND CO. THERE WERE 24,000 AT NORWICH LAST NIGHT AND THE STEWARD TOLD ME THEY HAD 19,000 SEASON TICKET HOLDERS. WE HAVE AVERAGED 6,000 AT BEST AT WITHDEAN. How can we afford decent players with the kind of money that is generated by these low crowds. We will have to wait for Falmer and hopefully more funds unless Bloom digs deep and why should he ? -He's already subbing the stadium?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here