Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we running out of people to BLAME

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Initially it was clear it was Micky Adams to blame last season, and so he went. Then clearly it was Dick Knight and his short arms and long pockets, so he went at end of season, then Slade was clearly only a Red Adair style manager, and not one for the future, so he went, the coaching from the chuckle brothers meant they were useless and had to go too, and so who is left?

No the blame is easy. Who bought Virgo? Adams. Who dismantled th effective passing team of Wilkins for the ineffective hoofing team ? Adams. Then, who has p!ssed £1Million up the wall and failed to buy a half decent defender? Slade. There you go, easy really. P45s for Virgo, Elphick, El Abd, Smith and we also need a decent central midfielder.

D

Deleted member 2719

I blame Leeds and Norwich for being quite a lot better than us, the fixture computer for giving us this run of games. If Poyet had come in at the start of October I'm pretty confident we'd be higher than we are, we wasted that run of games against shit sides and it put us in a very awkward position. When he gets some proper time on the training ground and some kinder fixtures things WILL be better. Remember, it took a long time for Wilkins to turn around the shit he inherited from McGhee and that was in September, we have a better squad now than we did then but you still can't expect us to be beating the top sides in the division overnight having been so rubbish up until now.

Well put SB and probably how i should have put it, but i hate getting a beating especially as we were going in the right direction, this was all so unnecessary, but i believe like you, Gus given time will coach this team to perform more consistently and he may have to bin a couple and add one or two to do it.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Surly Virgo must take some of the blame. I mean, FFS, just sitting on the bench watching us conceed 7 goals against Leeds & Norwich must be a sackable crime.

Remind me again why Sullivan departed? Could we blame him too?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Just accept the players are SHIT, rather than calling everyone who slags them off a twat.

:nono:

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
It's a shit we have got these very hard games in a row, great result against southampton, lets hope they put a performace in against charlton really think we can win that one

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
It's a shit we have got these very hard games in a row, great result against southampton, lets hope they put a performace in against charlton really think we can win that one

Don't blame it on sunshine
Don't blame it on moonlight
Don't blame it on good times
Blame it on the boogie

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Just accept the players are SHIT, rather than calling everyone who slags them off a twat.

:nono:

Yep!

We realy are just poor.

I think everone has just got used to watching crap.

Our squad is piss poor, we have a very young defence married with Virgo who is a busted flush and Wing who is VERY average. The Midfield is week, Cox does not track back and costs us goals, Crofts and Dicker are average only Bennett is anything like quality. I wont even go into the others.

Up front Fozzie is a legend but his time is nealy up, Murray has the odd blinder but normally looks slow and clumsy and gives the ball away. Dickinson & Davies no comment.

Smith in goal in pony.

In short we are crap and need some major investment & half of them need shipping out ASAP.

Gus will do it given the money to bring in the right players.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I blame Leeds and Norwich for being quite a lot better than us, the fixture computer for giving us this run of games. If Poyet had come in at the start of October I'm pretty confident we'd be higher than we are, we wasted that run of games against shit sides and it put us in a very awkward position. When he gets some proper time on the training ground and some kinder fixtures things WILL be better. Remember, it took a long time for Wilkins to turn around the shit he inherited from McGhee and that was in September, we have a better squad now than we did then but you still can't expect us to be beating the top sides in the division overnight having been so rubbish up until now.

Well yes, fine, no one is really arguing with that, but 3-0 and 4-1? Where was the backs to the wall gritty defending, rearguard action, mounting a comeback, type of stuff? I don't care if we lose to two of the best sides if we have some fight. This is pathetic though. From my high horse in the far east (sorry :blush:) I say that those are the kinds of performances that get managers the sack. Surprising that those two performances come at the start of a new manager's reign, on the back of two very promising victories.

So I blame the players, as it has always been. To narrow it down, not Smith or Elphick or Cox, but the senior players who should be pulling everyone together and sorting out the upstarts. I blame Forster, Kuipers, Whing, Hart, Virgo, El-Abd for not getting the rest of the team 'gelling' :facepalm: and playing with passion.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Maybe Gus has learned a lot more about the Albion from watching us play Leeds and Norwich than he did at Southampton.

No bad thing, imo.

Totally agree. The problems that have existed under two previous managers still remain. Smith, Elphick and Whing are nowhere near good enough. If he does not sort it, they will end up getting him the sack.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Elphick and Whing are nowhere near good enough...

If that's true, what does it say about Albion supporters who have voted two players "nowhere near good enough" for this division as Players of the Year? And what does that say about the rest of the squad?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ridiclious Thread IMO!
On the contrary it raises a good point. People on here are always looking to blame someone (currently it's Smith and the defence) but it just isn't that simple. The fact is everyone's a bit to blame: the people who sacked Wilkins (or if you didn't like Wilkins then the people who employed him), Adams for taking us backwards, Slade for getting rid of Sullivan and not being Arsene Wenger, the list can go on. Basically a lot of decisions have been taken over the last few years by a lot of people who all thought they were doing the right thing and all thought they were helping to take the club forward - the fact they got a lot of them WRONG has resulted in our current predicament.

Also it could be argued that some fans haven't exactly helped but I think it's unfair to blame the supporters who are all a bit bi-polar by nature.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Personally I think our home form has never been the same since ROCKETMAN was banned on health and safety grounds. So I blame THE SYSTEM.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
I blame Wilkins for being unfairly and harshly sacked!

I remember Newcastle's problems all started when they unfairly sacked Bobby Robson, I think recent albion problems have started since they unfairly sacked Wilkins. The only difference is that the stupid Newcastle fans wanted Robson out (I remember being outraged at the time). Perhaps the saying, "What goes around, comes around" is true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here