Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we going to go out of business

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I know the delaying tatics from you know who have been linked to hoping we go out of business. I have never really believed this would happen but while bored at work just worked out that assuming this 180k we have for players is everything we have it does raise the question as to where the hell are we going to get the money to survive for another year based on the fact that without the following I assume we would of gone under ?

300k A&K fund
250k Cullip
150k Currie
450K Harding
125k Harding Jan payment
250k Spurs away
1.5million Virgo
67k Knight
250k coca cola

9haven't put expenditure for anyone but assume we could knock off say spurs away to cover this)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
apologies for lack of punctuation , have boss behind me so banged it out quick so to speak

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
BarrelofFun said:
How much is the rent for Withdean p.a?

I am sure we spent £100k on relaying the turf last season...

100K :ohmy:
I did my garden for £120.
Also, re. the first post wasn't the Currie fee the same as Cullip i.e. £250k

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think Currie was 250K. Does Coca Cola money count, it wasn't pumped back into the club. You could look at CKR as a free transfer.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Were we not 2mill in debt, that was the whole point of the A&K wasn't it.

So would imagine most of the money went into that.

I don't think for a second we would have bid for a player unless we were comfortable financially.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Les Biehn said:
I think Currie was 250K. Does Coca Cola money count, it wasn't pumped back into the club. You could look at CKR as a free transfer.

yeah could look at it like that , even with these figures knocked off, we still need to find a couple of million or do the directors have a plan B to keep us a float that we don't know of ? the only one I could think of if this is the case is if they all put there hands in their pockets ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Knight was £ 125k.

We pay the council direct for the pitch now, we don;t pay Ecovert £ 24 k a game anymore.

But yes we are in shit street and its LDC and Norman Bakers fault.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Dougal said:
I know the delaying tatics from you know who have been linked to hoping we go out of business. I have never really believed this would happen but while bored at work just worked out that assuming this 180k we have for players is everything we have it does raise the question as to where the hell are we going to get the money to survive for another year based on the fact that without the following I assume we would of gone under ?

300k A&K fund
250k Cullip
150k Currie
450K Harding
125k Harding Jan payment
250k Spurs away
1.5million Virgo
67k Knight
250k coca cola

9haven't put expenditure for anyone but assume we could knock off say spurs away to cover this)
i think we got £87,500 Leon. Don't forget the small matter of the £700k windfall from the play-offs. :eek:

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: Are we going to go out of business

The Large One said:
i think we got £87,500 Leon. Don't forget the small matter of the £700k windfall from the play-offs. :eek:

I thought that went missing?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Re: Re: Are we going to go out of business

The Large One said:

yeah my figures were quickly done and are not accurate but my point is if we don't raise similar revenue in the next calender year then wtf is going to happen ? We can't really on assets when the team is struggling big time

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
BarrelofFun said:
What is the cost of the Falmer Saga to date. Over £3m?

Probably more than the total of whats listed at the top. Plus those figures don't take into account expenses, taxes etc. so they will actually be lower.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looking at this article from the Crewe part of BBC Sport it puts into perspective how bad we have it, even in comparison to them. DK is a hero for doing what he does as is McGhee for putting up with the shit from some of our fans :clap:

I imagine we ARE teetering on the brink of bankruptcy

The article re Crewe states-

Every time we travel away from home we're playing clubs whose gates are three times the size of Crewe's home attendance.

"And that means those clubs are paying wages two or three times in excess of what we are paying in salaries.

"That means we have had to do things differently, investing in youth development rather than trading in the transfer market."

Crewe might do things differently from other clubs, but there is method in their strategy, with the club's financial sheet in a very healthy position.

"Our annual losses are £500,000 a year," says Bowler. "That means we have to sell a player for £1m every two years.

"We've just calculated that over the last 18 years we have brought in over £20m in selling players.

"We're well in the black and at the moment we wouldn't have to sell a player for another three years."

Bottom of the Championship and 10 points from fourth-from-bottom Leicester, Crewe are likely to be playing League One football next season, but Bowler remains proud of the club's ability to punch above their weight.

"On our gates we should be a mid-table League One club, but our ambition is to be a Championship team.

"And for the last nine years, apart from one season, we have been a Championship club

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Icy Gull said:
Looking at this article from the Crewe part of BBC Sport it puts into perspective how bad we have it, even in comparison to them. DK is a hero for doing what he does as is McGhee for putting up with the shit from some of our fans :clap:

The article re Crewe states-

Every time we travel away from home we're playing clubs whose gates are three times the size of Crewe's home attendance.

"And that means those clubs are paying wages two or three times in excess of what we are paying in salaries.

"That means we have had to do things differently, investing in youth development rather than trading in the transfer market."

Crewe might do things differently from other clubs, but there is method in their strategy, with the club's financial sheet in a very healthy position.

"Our annual losses are £500,000 a year," Bowler. "That means we have to sell a player for £1m every two years.

"We've just calculated that over the last 18 years we have brought in over £20m in selling players.

"We're well in the black and at the moment we wouldn't have to sell a player for another three years."

Bottom of the Championship and 10 points from fourth-from-bottom Leicester, Crewe are likely to be playing League One football next season, but Bowler remains proud of the club's ability to punch above their weight.

"On our gates we should be a mid-table League One club, but our ambition is to be a Championship team.

"And for the last nine years, apart from one season, we have been a Championship club

that almost answers the question. If Crewe need 1million every 2 years , we will prob need double that. The unanswered part is where will we get it from and what happens if we don't get it. I guess we could put the entire squad up for sale which would buy some time but what about the next time ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am under the impression that 3 men have kept us afloat for the past 3 years only one of whom is a director. Provided they continue to bankroll us all should be well. The director will I would imagine as he has a vested interest in us getting permission for Falmer and all the work that goes with it. One has apparently said no more if we go down, but I have never heard that as coming from him. 3rd one I am not sure about.

Could be a problem but most on here seem to think that DK runs a tight ship and we shall be able to survive without any large input of cash so we shall just have to wait and see..

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
BensGrandad said:
I am under the impression that 3 men have kept us afloat for the past 3 years only one of whom is a director. Provided they continue to bankroll us all should be well. The director will I would imagine as he has a vested interest in us getting permission for Falmer and all the work that goes with it. One has apparently said no more if we go down, but I have never heard that as coming from him. 3rd one I am not sure about.

Could be a problem but most on here seem to think that DK runs a tight ship and we shall be able to survive without any large input of cash so we shall just have to wait and see..

why are you under that impression ? where have you got this info from + why couldn't the mystery men help with out having to involve the list I posted at the top of the post ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here