Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

are we going down

are we going down

• Total voters

Jordy

Exiled Seagull
Dec 1, 2009
No way jose!!

As said there are at least 4 teams worse than us, although the only slightly worrying thing is that there's poss. only (at a max) 7 teams worse than us at present

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I think the Exeter game will prove pivotal. If win that, then I think we will win most of the remaining home games (who are against mid table/lower league sides). If we dont win it, then I cant see where we will win.

Home form will be crucial, so thats why what I have said is so black and white.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Let's be honest here;

Today we should have won the game. We were the better side right up until Poyet changed what was working.

Our keeper was inconsistent and afraid to come off of his line when the occasion demanded. Norwich's 2nd goal was a good example of this.

We still lack a solid cohesive central defense. I don't care what people say, Elphick is still poor and Virgo is still getting back to some degree of form.

We have a good midfield although we do make silly passes and give the ball away at times, although we only did that a couple of times today.

Our strikers are poor. Murray's ability to miss from close range improves with every game. He looks uninterested at times and irriates the hell out of me with his apparent laziness.

I am deeply frustrated with today's result and it is yet another in the series of nil pointers that will be our undoing.

Are we going down? - Are we hell!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
This time last season i was getting worried, but never actually thought we were going down to be honest. After realising how close we were last season to being in league 2, im not so confident. Everyone knows that on paper there are 4 worse teams/squads than us, but football isnt played on paper. These other clubs (exeter/gillingham) to name a couple have decent home form to build on. But our confidence at home must be so minimal i cant see a run coming from anywhere.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
there is NO WAY we will go down if we keep playing the kind of football we have played in the last 2 matches...

Socky

Sockmonster
Jun 24, 2008
Brighton
We will probably lose the next two games. So from Exeter onwards is what matters and from what I saw today we will pick up enough points from the remaining games to stay up. Obviously we need to sort out our home form but I actually think we will stay up fairly comfortably. I agree though Exeter is a big game because we need to start picking up points from there. Lose that one and I think the few fans left who genuinely think we are good enough to stay will lose heart. Big big game.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Based on the ganes we have played and what I have seen so far this season yes.

But thankfully there is alot of dross in our league so we somehow could get out of jail.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I just feel that the opinion of "we're surely too good to go down" means we will in fact go down.

Obviously not there today, but I've seen so many spineless displays this season to make me think that we are doomed. In fact, my last game, Orient at home, was one of the worst I've had to sit through.
Some of the others have come when we're already doomed, Stoke at home last game of the season springs to mind; but when there's still so much to play for, our lot seem just so bad.....soul destroying season, very depressed.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
We will stay up without a doubt.
Our next 2 fixtures are very tough and we will be very lucky to get one point from six, but we will beat Exeter at Withdean and push on from there.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
GP took the reins just as we went into a string of seriously tough games. He's into an equally tough string of games now. After that's over, should have just about enough quality (though that's probably misuse of the word) to survive another Great Escape.

Just won't do, tho. Not with Falmer to fill :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here