Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we done getting new players in?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Personally think we might be until the 11th hour of whenever the transfer window closes for loan signings.

It has gone very quiet, maybe this is a good thing and wheels are being greased for more arrivals?? I'd love to be wrong and see another 3 or 4 arrive soon.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
think we'll see 2 more signings, both end of this month

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I don't expect anymore in now (I suspect they would have come in by now if they were going to materialise, especially with Gus's ideals of having his squad together before the season starts). If we can get through the first month of the season with Dunk and Greer then come mid/late Sept we should have both El-abd and Elphick back which should provide us with enough players at the back. In midfield if Nav's gets offered a deal then I can't see where anyone else would fit in, and up front I think we already have enough and would like to see Agdestein get a chance - I've seen him in the reserves and feel he is under-rated IMO - Plus if Hoskins is fit then I think we may have one of the best value forwards of any Championship club this season.

With the reduction in subs this season I think we have enough and don't want to see money wasted on filler players - unless in an emergency on loan to cover for injuries.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Personally think we might be until the 11th hour of whenever the transfer window closes for loan signings.

It has gone very quiet, maybe this is a good thing and wheels are being greased for more arrivals?? I'd love to be wrong and see another 3 or 4 arrive soon.

Think we'll see more in the next 27/28 days, but to be honest mate, I'm glad the transfer fever has died on here a bit, the rumours were getting a little outrageous.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Casper Ankergren the day before our 1st league game of the season last year........still a lot of time to go though!

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I think we'll get 3 more in later in the month, Gus will see how we play in first couple of competitive games. Gus gave a clear indication last week that there would be no more signings before the Donny game when he said at this stage of pre season the team that is playing now, is the team that will start the season proper.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I seem to remember Gus and Tony saying they were still going to get 2/3 more in before the window closes.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Couple of defenders clearly needed, including another keeper. Brezovan's a bit Mr Flappy for my liking.

We can`t be too harsh with Brez he did well for us in the cup run for us last season ,made some cracking saves.he needs to come on as sub when the game is safe and keep a clean sheet,this will biuld his confidance back up,don`t knock him we may need him.IMHO.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I think it will now be a case of waiting for PL clubs to confirm their 25-man squads, then seeing what's left.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Think we may bring somebody in towards the end of August after Gus has had the chance to see how we are coping in this division.
Exactly this.

Play a few games, see whats working and whats not, try and strengthen the bad bits. Can see some prem loans coming to plug the gaps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here