Votes: 18 22.8%
  • no

Votes: 61 77.2%

• Total voters

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Arsenal,liverpool and man-u win things in recent years:rolleyes:
Face it a big club has big crowds and not what you win as thats like saying a welsh team in the welsh league which wins regular trophys is big mmmmm i think not.:lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
berkshire seagull said:
Newcastle and villa have won sod all for 30-40 years,so are they not big clubs.:smokin:

Winning the European Cup is as good as it gets and Villa have done it, they have to be considered a big club. Which also makes Notts Forest and Derby big clubs :eek:

We beat Villa in the Charity Shield so we must be big as well, just a bit underweight for the last few years :jester:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Yes Icy, I would still consider Forest & Derby to be big clubs. Just going through a very bad patch.

Achievements and history have got to count for something.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Desert Orchid said:
More potential than almost every club in the Nationwide League. Will be a big club in 3 years.

except all in div 1 (cos they are in div 1), half the teams in our league (qpr anyone??), hull, darlington, doncaster??!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Desert Orchid said:
More potential than almost every club in the Nationwide League. Will be a big club in 3 years.

I'm with you on that. Most on here won't remember 30,000 gates in the old Div 3. This club has massive potential

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I think what people have forgotten to mention is the fact that Brighton is a growing thriving city.
Its getting bigger and so will be able to accomadate a big club, that is if we are considering a club like Southampton to be big.
I don't reckon we can get bigger than that.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Southampton have been in the top division for longer than all but four clubs (ManUre, Arsenal, and the two sets of Scousers). They managed that on gates of 15,000 until they moved to St. Marys. I think that is an incredible achievement.

Realistically all we can hope for is another shot in Div 1 and survival until Falmer arrives. If we can't fill the new stadium in that division then I don't think the city deserves Premiership football

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Guinness Boy said:
No.

We are Carlisle at worst (similar catchment area), Southampton at best (same deal, why not think in terms of European footy?)

Realistcally we are a sleeping Norwich.

That will do me! :clap2:

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
YES - we are.
I'll tell you why.
Because, faced with the situation we were in in 1997, nearly every other club in the league would have gone under.
We didn't! That shows how much passion, strength, self belief and creativity
is at the Albion. We have a 30, 000 fan base in the right circumstances and with Falmer, we will go places!
Happy New Year!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In Divisions 2 & 3 - yes

Premiership / Division 1 - no where near

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
we will be a big club

plarse aren't b'ton rock

they're wannabe's

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
sheebo said:
we will be a big club

plarse aren't b'ton rock

they're wannabe's

dicky boy needs to pop a few quid in for brighton to get any bigger even now brighton need a large forward to partner knight costing £100,000 or so but the best they are going to get is a loaney so how they are going to pay for a new stadium i will never know
As for palace were never be an man u or a spurs but we do have a good fan base of around 18000 to 20000 and a boss who puts his money where his mouth is and a good up and coming manaager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here