• no

Votes: 61 77.2%

• Total voters

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
Compared to who ?

In terms of Darlington the answer is yes.

In terms of Birmingham the answer is no.

Sometimes we like to think of ourselves as a big club, but in reality we are not.

I still love the Albion though. So does it really matter ?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Errrrr NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO just look at the withdean and capacity its easy to work out.:rolleyes:

Can we be of course although the new stadium still won't make us a big club but an average club due to small capacity.:lol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Nothing to do with capacity of a stadium.

A big club has won the FA cup at least once and the league (not the division) at least a couple of times.

Big clubs are Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle etc

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No.

We are Carlisle at worst (similar catchment area), Southampton at best (same deal, why not think in terms of European footy?)

Realistcally we are a sleeping Norwich.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I don't ven consider Southampton a big club, for exactly the reasons Yorkie gives. Although they are a premiership club. Like Yorkie, I belive there are only realistaicaly a handful of big clubs.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yorkie said:
Nothing to do with capacity of a stadium.

A big club has won the FA cup at least once and the league (not the division) at least a couple of times.

Big clubs are Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle etc
A big club gets big crowds,so you telling me that if crewe one the fa cup and european cup etc and more they would be a big club getting 6-7k a week.???

My eyes say a biggish club averages 25k+ a season and look we have had that mmmm.:smokin: :drink:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
berkshire seagull said:
A big club gets big crowds,so you telling me that if crewe one the fa cup and european cup etc and more they would be a big club getting 6-7k a week.???

My eyes say a biggish club averages 25k+ a season and look we have had that mmmm.:smokin: :drink:

everyone has had that

will we have it again though??

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
the right footed denilson said:
everyone has had that

will we have it again though??
No not everyone has had an average of 25k in the old 2nd division far from it trust me.
Times have changed and populations are much bigger and yes one day we will be getting 30k+ average no probs.:D :smokin:

i dont see Charlton as a big club, no.

They havent won anything.

My point was yes, they are established as a premiership team now, just a decade or so after having stadium problems and dropping out of the top flight. They are to be admired, and give us hope that one day we will be in a smiliar position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here