Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are things really that bad?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I could write a book with what I have heard and know.

Yep, you probably could, but it would be the most miserable, negative, dour, pontificating cynical piece of excrement ever written.

Good luck with it though :thumbsup:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Ok, maybe we're not a very, very good team but we're nearly there.
kuszczak, Bridge, Bruno, Bridcutt, Buckley, and in my opinion (if we start playing the right way for him) CMS. All quality players on their day. That's why 3 of those players have all been linked with premiership clubs this jan. Its the manager more than the players which is the problem (not that I want him out) he needs to realise he has to have a plan B when A doesn't work.
We've only been in this league 1 and a half seasons and people are already complaining we're not promoted already, good things take time so lets back the team instead of moaning about it! We're 2 or 3 good additions from a play off place in my opinion.

I'm not complaining that we're not promoted yet. Look at Reading. Last thing I'd want is to see Brighton struggling at the bottom of the Prem.
The problem is that we're going backwards. We've signed a bunch of new players this season, but I don't think we playing any better than a year ago. And Gus doesn't seem to be learning anything along the way.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
How much worse do you want things to get ? We have Uruguay's answer to Frank Spencer in charge and hopelessly out of his depth from a tactical perspective. The situation is alarming and only regime change will resuscitate our season.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
How much worse do you want things to get ? We have Uruguay's answer to Frank Spencer in charge and hopelessly out of his depth from a tactical perspective. The situation is alarming and only regime change will resuscitate our season.

Challenger for worst post of the weekend, an award with numerous candidates over the last couple of days!

Renns

Renns Junior
Nov 8, 2006
Huddersfield/Birmingham
I'm not complaining that we're not promoted yet. Look at Reading. Last thing I'd want is to see Brighton struggling at the bottom of the Prem.
The problem is that we're going backwards. We've signed a bunch of new players this season, but I don't think we playing any better than a year ago. And Gus doesn't seem to be learning anything along the way.

I think that's the thing, we've signed a few players who play in the same position and perform the same roles (Crofts and Hammond), which is half the reason to no plan B. Whereas other teams in similar positions to us last season have signed what they NEED rather than players who helps the manager play how he WANTS to play (Dobbie, Lopez) hence why we've been left behind compared to them. Like i say, a few decent signings should see us climb further up the table as we can be more adaptable.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think that's the thing, we've signed a few players who play in the same position and perform the same roles (Crofts and Hammond), which is half the reason to no plan B. Whereas other teams in similar positions to us last season have signed what they NEED rather than players who helps the manager play how he WANTS to play (Dobbie, Lopez) hence why we've been left behind compared to them. Like i say, a few decent signings should see us climb further up the table as we can be more adaptable.

So when Crofts was injured Hammond wasn't good cover for him? Seemed it to me ....but I agree we do need a couple of 'decent' new signings if only to freshen things up.

Feb 14, 2010
No they are not but ehen you sell out 27000 for Watfird at home then Brighton are back to the late 70s and there is expectation that 27000 at home to Watford brings. The players and management I'm sure understand that. They have to deliver or they will be up the road.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
He didn't sign Buckley(that's why he will be off soon), Bridcutt,Kuszcak and Orlandi were free agents(just wages required) Bridge is a loan....Who has he spent more than £500k on who has proved a bargain......and before you say it again, Stephenson was responsible for bringing Buckley to the club..Carry on???
Show me the link that says Stephenson was responsible for signing Buckley and Poyet didn't want him and I'll take him off my list. The fact the others are free makes them even greater bargains. CMS has also not been as big a flop as you make out - In the current top 10 scorers in the division and on target to get 20 this season. Also with Norwich and Leeds interested we will almost certainly make a profit if he is sold.
So again yes I would trust him with the money.
To flip the argument name me someone he has spent OVER 500K on that has been a complete flop (and If I'm not allowed Buckley you cannot have CMS - the fact he is in the top 10 scorers is a FACT - not speculation like your Buckley comment)

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
No. People just need to have some patience.

All very well having patience. But how long do you exactly propose we wait before deciding this is not working?

I know we are dealing with fine margins in this division. But really, something needs to be done. Poyet can't get reeling off a load of nonsense excuses game after game. He needs to adjust, but he seems to be very slow at accepting the inevitable.

Watford's third goal was a demonstration of how to play our system to a "t". quick passing and a defence splitting pass.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

A year ago we were 16th, we are currently 10th with more points - explain how we aren't any better then ?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Things aren't that bad, lacking confidence is all that needs to be remedied. A couple of wins and we'll be back on track. The doomsayers can f*** right off.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think that's the thing, we've signed a few players who play in the same position and perform the same roles (Crofts and Hammond), which is half the reason to no plan B.

I'm pretty sure I saw an interview with the manager early in his reign where he said he wanted two players for every position.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Other managers in the Championship now know how we play and set up their teams accordingly so Gus must ensure there are alternatives and that we move the ball quicker and do not play one man up all the time,signing another goal scoring striker and a mid fielder who will run with the ball and can get goals should keep us in a decent position in the league and give us more entertaining matches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here