Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are the fans of other clubs as clueless as Brighton fans?

Are the fans of other clubs as clueless as Brighton fans?

• Yes

Votes: 52 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Fence

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I don't understand the question

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • Losing to Barnsley was CMS's fault

Votes: 12 10.8%
  • This poll doesn't have enough options

Votes: 16 14.4%

• Total voters

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Ok ill put it another way, if you was in a pub and Overheard a couple of blokes saying 'Poyet has no tactical nouse' or something similar, would you join in the conversation by declaring that they are clueless, moronic, twattish,or whatever? No so why do people feel the need to do it on here?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Ok ill put it another way, if you was in a pub and Overheard a couple of blokes saying 'Poyet has no tactical nouse' or something similar, would you join in the conversation by declaring that they are clueless, moronic, twattish,or whatever? No so why do people feel the need to do it on here?
That's a joke, right?

Ummmm they are having a PRIVATE conversation so no I wouldn't butt in. I also wouldn't butt in if they were having a private conversation about how their work is going.

This is a message board. You write on here fully expecting a response.

Bonkers comparison. Oh sorry. I judged you there. Ummmm...I respect your opinion but I feel it is misplaced. Better?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's an extreme example and doesn't support your argument whatsoever.
Of course it does. Either it's all a matter of opinions regardless of how daft some appear, or it is possible that some opinions are clueless.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
That's a joke, right?

Ummmm they are having a PRIVATE conversation so no I wouldn't butt in. I also wouldn't butt in if they were having a private conversation about how their work is going.

This is a message board. You write on here fully expecting a response.

Bonkers comparison. Oh sorry. I judged you there. Ummmm...I respect your opinion but I feel it is misplaced. Better?

That arrogance that comes across from your posts is unbelievable.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It's their justification for their opinion which makes them clueless.

People who state "Poyet out" then produce absolute DRIVEL. Some of the rubbish I've read today is mind boggling. We are JUST outside the playoffs which it very much still in our hands.

I've read he has 'no plan B'. A horrible cliche rolled out which actually means NOTHING.
I've read "the players (which Gus has bought in) are unable to play the style that he wants to play" What does THAT mean?
I've read "we have become dull to watch." Laughable.
I've read "we have become easy to play against" - That's not possible if we're in the psotiion we are. We would have lost every game if that was true.
I've read "We have the players but lack in formation" - Excuse me?
I've read " We have no confidence" when some of the expansive inventive football I have seen at the Amex this year could ONLY be delivered by players who posess confidence in what they are doing.
I've read "Clearly gus has taken us as far as he can". CLEARLY? How do you know that?

All things I've read today as I've just copied and pasted them.

Those are some of the moronic things I've read today. So no, you suspected wrong.

I'll be the politician. You certainly shouldn't be the police officer.

Most of that is just subjective, one set of opinions against yours, I see merit in some of those, I dont in others, but it doesnt make them clueless and you not does it.?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
That arrogance that comes across from your posts is unbelievable.

So you're not answering the question.

Seriously. You compared a private conversation between two other people to one on an open message board which's sole purpose is to create open discussion. Can you not see the difference?

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
So you're not answering the question.

Seriously. You compared a private conversation to one on a message board. Can you not see the difference?

No its you thats not answering my question, you would not have the bollocks to talk to people face to face the way you do on here.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Most of that is just subjective, one set of opinions against yours, I see merit in some of those, I dont in others, but it doesnt make them clueless and you not does it.?

That's a fair enough comment. To be honest I took all of those comments from one person so I felt more that someone using all of them at once was beyond ridiculous.

I am completely open to criticism of individual things of Poyet. That's fine. Not everyone will agree with everything he does. But I just can't sit there and, for one moment, agree with someone who says he is doing a BAD job. That, to me, is madness.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No its you thats not answering my question, you would not have the bollocks to talk to people face to face the way you do on here.

Yes I did answer your question. READ IT.

No I wouldn't go up to two people having a private conversation in a pub between themselves, butt in and call them morons. No I wouldn't. It's rude and it's stupid to be honest and, it would be slightly concerning if my friends were that boring that I wasn't talking to them instead.

If two of my mates were discussing it WITH ME then yes, I would.

If someone writes on an OPEN MESSAGE BOARD designed for DISCUSSION then I will discuss.

There, I've answered your question twice now.

Can you please answer mine as it's only fair. Do you not see there is a complete difference?

ps Here is the first time I answered your question in case it was difficult to see.

"Ummmm they are having a PRIVATE conversation so no I wouldn't butt in. I also wouldn't butt in if they were having a private conversation about how their work is going.

This is a message board. You write on here fully expecting a response"

Last edited:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If someone says that Alex Ferguson doesn't understand football, has no tactical knowledge of the game, and is out of his depth in the premier league, is that just an alternative opinion, or are we allowed to point out that they're clueless?
In this case, because there is a firm measure to contradict this opinion, then yes it is clueless,... he has repeatedly won the Prem, he has repeatedly produced world class teams and tactics,....I would argue that at this level Gus has had one season where he failed in the last dozen games of the season, and is about ( it seems) to produce another of the same, so there is no measure to support his top level credentials yet, it may come, but not at the moment.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Surely the point of NSC is to have your opinion. Everybody's opinion is going to differ and some will be totally opposite. NSC would be a bit boring and redundant if we all agreed with everything and everyone. Therefore by definition what I feel is a good point the OP may feel is clueless and vice versa. Taking this into account I would say yes all clubs have fans with different opinions and therefore in the OPs eyes clueless.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Yes I did answer your question. READ IT.

No I wouldn't go up to two people having a private conversation in a pub between themselves, butt in and call them morons. No I wouldn't.

If two of my mates were discussing it WITH ME then yes, I would.

If someone writes on an OPEN MESSAGE BOARD designed for DISCUSSION then I will discuss.

There, I've answered your question twice now.

Can you please answer mine as it's only fair. Do you not see there is a complete difference?

ps Here is the first time I answered your question in case it was difficult to see.

"Ummmm they are having a PRIVATE conversation so no I wouldn't butt in. I also wouldn't butt in if they were having a private conversation about how their work is going.

This is a message board. You write on here fully expecting a response"

Forget the private conversation bit then, if they asked your opinion would you still come across all billy big bollocks?

Its the manner of your response thats the problem.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Forget the private conversation bit then, if they asked your opinion would you still come across all billy big bollocks?

Its the manner of your response thats the problem.

I don't know how I'd come across as you'd have to ask them.

I would answer honestly without starting a fight as a fight over football would be pointless and I'm also rubbish at fighting.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Thank you, and in answering honestly is all i am doing to whatever thread im posting in, there is no need to try and belittle anyone just because there answer is different to your own.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Of course it does. Either it's all a matter of opinions regardless of how daft some appear, or it is possible that some opinions are clueless.

Ferguson is proven at every level, he's acknowledged universally as one of the finest Managers the game has ever seen ... of course anyone saying he doesn't understand football or is tactically inept is going to be clueless but how many actually would say that .. they may argue if he's better or worse than Mourinho or Guardiola but whatever their view wouldn't make them clueless.

But we're (or you're) talking about Poyet. Young and unproven (L1 title excepted) and there is a valid argument that he's made mistakes but those that voice them, and they are a significant minority, are all of a sudden clueless. There may be examples that you can pull but you're:

a) labelling all Brighton fans
b) labelling any Brighton fan that doesn't think Poyet is is the right man to get us to the Prem (which is undoubtedly our objective, at some point in the not too distant)

I'm not sure who's clueless tbh ... but I'd ask again in a different way "what makes you so much more clued up than the typical Brighton supporter?"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In this case, because there is a firm measure to contradict this opinion, then yes it is clueless,... he has repeatedly won the Prem, he has repeatedly produced world class teams and tactics

Ferguson is proven at every level, he's acknowledged universally as one of the finest Managers the game has ever seen ... of course anyone saying he doesn't understand football or is tactically inept is going to be clueless
Indeed. So the point is, it is possible for someone's opinion to be clueless. The question is just at what point it goes from a different opinion to being an uninformed, clueless load of drivel.

But we're (or you're) talking about Poyet. Young and unproven (L1 title excepted) and there is a valid argument that he's made mistakes but those that voice them, and they are a significant minority, are all of a sudden clueless.
I didn't say that. Of course Gus makes mistakes, all players and all managers make mistakes. People are criticising mejona for suggesting someone's opinion could be clueless - I'm simply explaining that it is possible for an opinion to clueless, and there certainly some clueless points of view on this forum.

There may be examples that you can pull but you're:

a) labelling all Brighton fans
No I'm not. I asked a question (the poll) - I haven't voted 'no'.
b) labelling any Brighton fan that doesn't think Poyet is is the right man to get us to the Prem
Again, I'm not.

"what makes you so much more clued up than the typical Brighton supporter?"
I'm not. There are a few loud nutters though that come out with the most ridiculous comments, either because they're fishing, they're suffering from depression or have anger management issues, or they are clueless.

There are lots of managers that are currently better than Gus, but we are not a very big club, so most of them would want to manage a bigger club. Who do those that want Gus to leave recommend we replace him with?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here