Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are the Argus printing NSC rumours?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
or is Mark McGhee's job really on the line due to a boardroom divide, which has been hinted at on NSC for about 6 weeks now?. This article will no doubt delight some, but it also reveals why Stoke might have been trying so hard. Their Dutch manager is quitting in frustration having only taken over from Tony Pulis recently.

Argus

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don't think that The Argus are printing rumour but what they have said is speculative yes but lets face it, not without foundation. Going down is obviously a factor especially after yesterday's pathetic performance. As to what else is happening behind the scenes once again we can't really say (although some here do) however, the board wouldn't be doing their job if serious questions weren't being asked. McGhee has trotted out a string of excuses but only those within the club know the facts. The Argus certainly won't find them on here !

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Please don't tell me the major investor who wants MM out is Archer/Stanley sycophant Bloom :nono:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
There have been several rumours which seem to fit with the Argus story. I've heard there is a power struggle over several issues and that two directors will use the divide over Magoo as a catalyst to isolate DK.

Apparently there will be more in the press soon. Maybe related to the two potential local investors with Albion links.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
y2dave said:
There have been several rumours which seem to fit with the Argus story. I've heard there is a power struggle over several issues and that two directors will use the divide over Magoo as a catalyst to isolate DK.

Apparently there will be more in the press soon. Maybe related to the two potential local investors with Albion links.

Kill two birds with one stone, get rid of the lardy jocko clown AND the potless pillock

Marvellous scenes :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ernest said:
Kill two birds with one stone, get rid of the lardy jocko clown AND the potless pillock

Marvellous scenes :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Probably about as likely as ARS actually carrying out is promised activities.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I hope this story is true.

I have always sat on the fence when it comes to McGee in/out because of the clubs pants finances, stadium etc etc. But having said that, it is clear that the club has really struggled this year and turned out many dissappointing performances.

As such I think it is only right that the board evaluate the position of the manager, they are the people who know exactly what he has been doing for the club.

Hopefully they make the right decision, whatever that is...
:albion:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Ernest said:
No it's Derek Chapman

Does he feel strongly enough to personally stump up the money to sack McGhee?

Or as Y2Dave intimates is this just a convenient time and excuse for the other 2 moneyed directors to try and oust DK as chairman?

Last edited:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Icy Gull said:
or is Mark McGhee's job really on the line due to a boardroom divide, which has been hinted at on NSC for about 6 weeks now?. This article will no doubt delight some, but it also reveals why Stoke might have been trying so hard. Their Dutch manager is quitting in frustration having only taken over from Tony Pulis recently.

Argus

Great News:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Icy Gull said:
Their Dutch manager is quitting in frustration having only taken over from Tony Pulis recently.
Erm, they offered him a one year contract at the start of the season and have yet to offer him a new one or say anything about it. That it is why he is leaving. How that is relevant to McGhee or the Albion's situation in any way I'm not sure (other than that Boskamp could be a good replacement :)).

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Icy Gull said:
Please don't tell me the major investor who wants MM out is Archer/Stanley sycophant Bloom :nono:

Why do you say that? whats wrong with him?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Race said:
Why do you say that? whats wrong with him?
t

Only that it would be ironic if the man who stuck with the Stanley regime wanted to get rid of Knight.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Are the Argus printing NSC rumours?

Silent Bob said:
Erm, they offered him a one year contract at the start of the season and have yet to offer him a new one or say anything about it. That it is why he is leaving. How that is relevant to McGhee or the Albion's situation in any way I'm not sure (other than that Boskamp could be a good replacement :)).

The possibilty that the Stoke players want him to stay so had something to play for unlike the irrelevant game attitude of the Albion.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I don't think that McGhee is quite as safe as people make out, even under the current regime.

Tell Gritt or Hinshelwood that DK is a soft touch!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Are the Argus printing NSC rumours?

Icy Gull said:
The possibilty that the Stoke players want him to stay so had something to play for unlike the irrelevant game attitude of the Albion.
Or you could say they had even less to play for then us. Then again, players will ALWAYs play for a good manager. :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The rumour was very strong that Derek Chapman wanted MM sacked if we lost at home in the cup to Coventry, which we did, but DK won that battle.

The major problem as some may see it is the possible conflict of interest in DC being Chairman/Owner of BHA and Adenstar building Falmer. Some may object to this I personally do not see a problem in the owner using his own firm to build the stadium.

BensGrandad said:
The rumour was very strong that Derek Chapman wanted MM sacked if we lost at home in the cup to Coventry, which we did, but DK won that battle.

The major problem as some may see it is the possible conflict of interest in DC being Chairman/Owner of BHA and Adenstar building Falmer. Some may object to this I personally do not see a problem in the owner using his own firm to build the stadium.
Adenstar don't do construction projects as big as Falmer.

From their website:-

The major company in the Adenstar Construction Group was formed in 1982 and carries out either traditional, or design and build, building and civil engineering contracts in Sussex, Surrey, Kent and Hampshire up to a maximum value of £5 million.

http://www.adenstar-group.co.uk/developments_home.htm

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here