Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Palace.......

jojobarnet

May 28, 2013
1) Because we can.
2)Zaha, Clyne, Moses, Routledge, Watson, etc would tell you otherwise :tosser:

just makes me laugh that with the second leg victory your club just went into utter turmoil...oh how things could have been so different..have fun in the championship, not sure why your worrying about what we are doing/going to do in the prem. mind the gap...

we-8-brighton

Feb 5, 2011
just makes me laugh that with the second leg victory your club just went into utter turmoil...oh how things could have been so different..have fun in the championship, not sure why your worrying about what we are doing/going to do in the prem. mind the gap...

I think you replied to the wrong persons quote.

1) Because we can.
2)Zaha, Clyne, Moses, Routledge, Watson, etc would tell you otherwise :tosser:

One has never taken a step on the Premiership stage and the others are either bench warmers or half decent players for lower league Prem clubs - none of them have achieved half of what Gareth Barry has - an England player with over 50 caps and a product of Albion development . :tosser::ffsparr::tosser:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
One has never taken a step on the Premiership stage and the others are either bench warmers or half decent players for lower league Prem clubs - none of them have achieved half of what Gareth Barry has - an England player with over 50 caps and a product of Albion development . :tosser::ffsparr::tosser:

Cringeworthy.

How anyone could claim Gareth Barry as being developed by Brighton is beyond me. He left as soon as he could for the benefit of his development. Aston Villa made him a 50 cap International, not us. We have a lot going for us, we don't need to clutch at such desperate straws like that.

we-8-brighton

Feb 5, 2011

:tosser:

And since then (even though he was with you for something like a season at 14) who have you produced with the likes of quality of Zaha, Clyne, Moses, Routledge, Watson, One has played for England at full and under 21 international level and secured a whatever million pound move to one of the richest clubs in world football, Two have played in the premiership for a good few seasons, Another is plying his trade with a premiership team, And the other plays for the champions of Europe. So come on statto name me some names, And please don't dribble and type Barry again, He ain't your prospect.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Cringeworthy.

How anyone could claim Gareth Barry as being developed by Brighton is beyond me. He left as soon as he could for the benefit of his development. Aston Villa made him a 50 cap International, not us. We have a lot going for us, we don't need to clutch at such desperate straws like that.
This.

The TheMajor and that equally tedious Grimboid reduce this place to a laughing stock. I wish they'd shit off with their tedious, misplaced Palace ramblings.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013

Gareth Barry? I thought your small time youth set up pinched him off some smaller time youth team, and then he left before even making your bench?

Genuine question, how many years was he with you?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gareth Barry? I thought your small time youth set up pinched him off some smaller time youth team, and then he left before even making your bench?

Genuine question, how many years was he with you?

2 years from the age of 14. Played for England U-16 when with us.

Very interesting chat on national radio this afternoon about the merits of Club Academies - over 60 minutes of talk and not one single mention of Crystal Palace. Seems that the top boys for bringing on GENUINE talent are Southampton, Crewe, Middlesbrough ,West Ham & Fulham.

Emperors new clothes Palace Academy - a dribble of mediocre talent that have gone on to do very little. Take Zaha (now I saw him for 4 games last season - which is probably three games more than most Palace that went to Wembley) in those 360 minutes he produced about 20 minutes of flair - they rest of the time he was non existent. He is never going to make it at the top top level - Man Utd are even looking to off load him back to Palace before he kicks a ball for them.

You might not like the fact that Barry was a product of the Albion development but he was - I fully accept that Villa coached him to a higher level but it goes to show that with practically no input we unearthed a player far better than anything the Palace Academy has come up with to date.

Banned
May 19, 2013
Very interesting chat on national radio this afternoon about the merits of Club Academies - over 60 minutes of talk and not one single mention of Crystal Palace. Seems that the top boys for bringing on GENUINE talent are Southampton, Crewe, Middlesbrough ,West Ham & Fulham.

Emperors new clothes Palace Academy - a dribble of mediocre talent that have gone on to do very little. Take Zaha (now I saw him for 4 games last season - which is probably three games more than most Palace that went to Wembley) in those 360 minutes he produced about 20 minutes of flair - they rest of the time he was non existent. He is never going to make it at the top top level - Man Utd are even looking to off load him back to Palace before he kicks a ball for them.

You might not like the fact that Barry was a product of the Albion development but he was - I fully accept that Villa coached him to a higher level but it goes to show that with practically no input we unearthed a player far better than anything the Palace Academy has come up with to date.

You can say that again :blush:

This.

The TheMajor and that equally tedious Grimboid reduce this place to a laughing stock. I wish they'd shit off with their tedious, misplaced Palace ramblings.

Oh Simeon you have committed the cardinal sin of slagging off another Albion fan - never good.

Seeing as you live in Reigate Surrey I am guessing you have several Palace supporting mates/neighbours etc. I would also appear from your picture that you didn't live through the 70's when real hatred of the scum developed - I would suggest you take a step back from the Palace debates as you don't understand them or what lies beneath (patio joke for you !). :thumbsup:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Oh Simeon you have committed the cardinal sin of slagging off another Albion fan - never good.

Seeing as you live in Reigate Surrey I am guessing you have several Palace supporting mates/neighbours etc. I would also appear from your picture that you didn't live through the 70's when real hatred of the scum developed - I would suggest you take a step back from the Palace debates as you don't understand them or what lies beneath (patio joke for you !). :thumbsup:

Now now Major, calm down !
I lived through the 70's, playing your lot certainly were lively affairs. I think your problem is the years of being in our shadow has left you mentally unbalanced !
Take your medication and lay down in a darkened room.
Chin up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I did live through the 70s but I'm struggling to believe you did. You sound like you're about 15.

Besides, I think you'll find the problem here is the utterly tedious nature of your "banter". The things you seem to laugh at simply aren't all that funny. We have bigger crowds? Meh. Palace have averaged 15-18,000 for about 30 years, during which time we, erm, didn't (for various reasons). Palace have a high profile game cancelled? Yes that is absolutely hilarious. Or I'm sure *might* be if they weren't playing the big boys week in week out next season. At our expense.

Do you really need this explaining to you? It's really basic stuff FFS.

I did live through the 70s but I'm struggling to believe you did. You sound like you're about 15.

Besides, I think you'll find the problem here is the utterly tedious nature of your "banter". The things you seem to laugh at simply aren't all that funny. We have bigger crowds? Meh. Palace have averaged 15-18,000 for about 30 years, during which time we, erm, didn't (for various reasons). Palace have a high profile game cancelled? Yes that is absolutely hilarious. Or I'm sure *might* be if they weren't playing the big boys week in week out next season. At our expense.

Do you really need this explaining to you? It's really basic stuff FFS.

We all operate on a different level. There are several people on here that I find mind numbingly boring - I don't constantly slag them off . If you don't like the "banter" from some then stick them on ignore - stop bitching. You obviously don't understand the Palace thing and you like to cosy up to them - that's up to you.

Personally I think "torch juggling" tw@ts from outside Sussex should be banned from the Albion - but hey that's me.:)

Banned
May 19, 2013
We all operate on a different level. There are several people on here that I find mind numbingly boring - I don't constantly slag them off . If you don't like the "banter" from some then stick them on ignore - stop bitching. You obviously don't understand the Palace thing and you like to cosy up to them - that's up to you.

Personally I think "torch juggling" tw@ts from outside Sussex should be banned from the Albion - but hey that's me.:)

He's better at banter than you are. You are just gift to Palace fans, as you just embarrass yourself constantly. Keep it up :D

He's better at banter than you are. You are just gift to Palace fans, as you just embarrass yourself constantly. Keep it up :D

I think he's unicycled into the ether -I do seem to upset people.:facepalm: but it's nice that I keep others happy.

we-8-brighton

Feb 5, 2011

Ok you tit trawl through these.

Zaha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilfred_Zaha

Moses

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Moses

Clyne

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathaniel_Clyne

Watson

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Watson_(footballer_born_July_1985)

Routledge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Routledge

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gareth_barry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a list of notable footballers who have played for Brighton & Hove Albion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_F.C._players

And

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_F.C.

This is a list of notable footballers who have played for Crystal Palace F.C.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Crystal_Palace_F.C._players#cite_ref-3

(note how many pfa player of the years there are)

And

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Palace_F.C.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honours

Crystal Palace's honours and achievements include the following:

League

First Division (level) 1
Third place: 1990–91
Second Division (level 2)
Champions (2): 1978–79, 1993–94
Runners up (1): 1968–69
Third Division (level 3)
Champions (1): 1920–21
Runners up (1): 1963–64
Third Division South (joint level 3 with Third Division North)
Runners up (3):[E] 1928–29, 1930–31, 1938–39
Fourth Division (level 4)
Runners up (1): 1960–61
Southern Football League Division One
Runners up (1): 1913–14
Southern Football League Division Two
Champions (1): 1905–06 --------------------- I believe this was the year of our existence and already champions.

Cup

FA Cup
Finalists (1): 1990
Full Members Cup[F]
Winners (1): 1990–91
London Challenge Cup[G]
Winners (3): 1912–13, 1913–14, 1920–21

Honours
Brighton & Hove Albion's historic league position

Football League
League One champions 1957–58, 2001–02, 2010–11
League Two champions 1964–65, 2000–01

Southern Football League
Champions 1909–10

FA Charity Shield
Winners 1910

FA Cup
Runners-up 1983

The Sussex Royal Ulster Rifles Charity Cup[20]
Winners (2): 1959–60, 1960–61 (shared with Chichester City)

I'm sorry to other albion posters if this comes across arrogant, it really isn't. I along with many of you think the tit known as the major is really embarrassing, cringeworthy. I see he has already reset his attendance counter, ready to bore you and us with threads on here and BBS (where he seems to have taken a sabbatical from, wonder why ?)about how many we got through the door against arsenal and overall, the one thing that seems to satisfy such a feeble mind.
Major listen to to your pals and stop showing yourself and the club you claim to support up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here