Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are Newcastle going to stay up? (Suggestion - don’t open if you don’t care :smile:)

Will Newcastle stay up?

• Total voters

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
If the gap was more than 3 points to safety maybe they might have gone down. But there's enough room that players won't think they'll go down so the calibre of players they can sign will be higher.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
They need 27 points from 19 games. Would say depends on the form of leeds and watford.

Burnley and norwich are done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The ideal scenario for me is Norwich, Newcastle and Burnley down, Zaha to Newcastle so he goes down too.

Newcastle may very well spend big but I seriously hope nothing clicks for them. I've never liked them (I did really like Faustino Asprilla though) so it would bring me much joy to see them struggle for the rest of the season. Dropping straight through the championship would be nice too.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
This weekend I'll be cheering on Burnley and Southampton.

The Leeds v Burnley game is particularly interesting as I think Burnley have a decent chance based on what I saw of them against Man United last night.
The Bielsa bandwagon has a very wobbly wheel which I hope may fall off soon.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Normally with 11 points after 19 games it would be difficult but they have a good chance this year. They already have a better squad than four other teams and with recruitment they will quite possibly make it. Norwich are going down as they dont have the quality to stay up but other than any two of Burnley, Newcastle, Watford, Brentford and (less likely) Leeds could end up 18 and 19.

January xfer window will be important. However, if Newcastle are recruiting to survive the season rather than to start to build a team that could challenge for top 4 in 2-3 seasons, they will be delaying that process. If they sign Auba and a bunch of other established, bit older players then they are likely to be in a mid-table battle for years to come if they are staying up. So in some ways, if they want to fulfill their potential of being a top team, its a curse that they still have a good chance of staying up.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Yes I went Monday night v United and if they sign players in January, I think come the end of the season Eddie will be looking very smug .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Last edited:

SAC

May 21, 2014
With 10 and 11 points, Norwich and Newcastle should be dead and burried but they are jst 3/4 points from 17th placed Watford who are also very poor.

I suspect that Newcastle wont spend a fortune in transfers but will probably have to in wages to entice players in from Europe. I'm pretty sure they will get the players they want and if they gel, they will be fine by the end of the season.

Anyone from 8th placed Wolves could be relegated but my money would be on Norwich, Watford and Brentford (or Dirty Leeds).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here