Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Google back on side now?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I have one too - and it's very much a British ad.

Superb news - good grovelling [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] :wink:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's up to us now to keep clicking on these banners and earn NSC a few bob.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Don't click them for the hell of it, we will lose the deal with Adsense.

ANYONE posting bare norks will be booted off NSC for a long time, no second chances.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Are they back ? I can't see them now because Adblock removes all the shit from the page.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's not google. It's Ad choice. Im sure NSC will earn more than with Goofle anyhow

It is Google. I filed an appeal which was accepted.

Please do not randomly click as that will cause NSC to get booted off too. The 'natural' clicks, along with the tens of thousands of eyeballs, that NSC gets earns us a nice amount of Adsense income.

Don't click them for the hell of it, we will lose the deal with Adsense.

ANYONE posting bare norks will be booted off NSC for a long time, no second chances.

This.

Are they back ? I can't see them now because Adblock removes all the shit from the page.

I've said it before but I'm close to doing it now - I can install something that will mean people running Adblock, and similar, can't see NSC at all. If people are not viewing the ads that support NSC, why should we give them a site to enjoy? In fact I might just start banning all such people, starting now.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I've no problem with Adwords but if you start letting memory hogging flash banners take up screen real estate, you're going to have people blocking them

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've no problem with Adwords but if you start letting memory hogging flash banners take up screen real estate, you're going to have people blocking them

You're getting your Google programmes muddled. Adwords is where people pay to have their adverts presented.

We run Adsense. Today we have the same mix of text and graphical ads as we have had for several years now.

As I say - people block NSC ads, I'll block them. Sounds like a fair deal to me.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Isn't this Adwords in the quick reply box?

Always the same four ads:

Calendar, bookmarks, tagging and Vbulletin forum

At the top of the page I'm getting an ad for dedicated servers in Australia, bizarrely

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Isn't this Adwords in the quick reply box?

Always the same four ads:

Calendar, bookmarks, tagging and Vbulletin forum

At the top of the page I'm getting an ad for dedicated servers in Australia, bizarrely

Both of them are Adsense. There are many different formats - if you choose a narrow thin strip, then there is only room for brief textual ads. Bigger ad units can accomodate graphics too.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
As I say - people block NSC ads, I'll block them. Sounds like a fair deal to me.

Understood, but is there a way to let Adblock see the Ads on NSC but block for other sites - I.e. Make NSC whitelisted?

I am happy to see ads on NSC, but not on every other site?

Sent from my right arm using Tippytap

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Understood, but is there a way to let Adblock see the Ads on NSC but block for other sites - I.e. Make NSC whitelisted?

I am happy to see ads on NSC, but not on every other site?

Sent from my right arm using Tippytap

There is an option to whitelist sites in AdblockPlus I think. Haven't used Firefox in ages so dunno.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

wouldn't it be better to redirect to a "holding page" or suchlike ? I'm sure I'm not alone is using different browsers/computers to access NSC and to be banned because I forgot to turn adblocking off on a particular browser seems a bit severe whereas a redirect would remind me to modify the browser to allow ads on NSC.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
wouldn't it be better to redirect to a "holding page" or suchlike ? I'm sure I'm not alone is using different browsers/computers to access NSC and to be banned because I forgot to turn adblocking off on a particular browser seems a bit severe whereas a redirect would remind me to modify the browser to allow ads on NSC.

I think they'll both have the same effect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here