Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are Albion genuinely in danger of being in a relegation battle next season in your opinion

Are Albion genuinely in danger of being in a relegation battle next season

• Total voters

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
How on this Earth can anyone suggest we're in relegation danger after the last two season's we've had? I'm sure this is just a fishing exercise but I have to say this and unearthed historic threads are becoming tedious.

You are aware that we picked up just 18 points in the 2nd half the season?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It’s totally unpredictable. We don’t have a coach and we’ve made no signings. But based on who we have, and assuming we have a coach who has more than just Plan A, then I think we will be ok.

I think that even RDZ would have changed things over the summer and we’d have seen a different Albion.

I think we’ll be ok, but too 10 will be a big achievement.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
1ni1e5yd2t1d1.png

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Lose Gross and get the managerial appointment wrong and we'd be in for a tough season but I still don't think we'd go down.

Leicester almost certs with PSR, can't see Ipswich or Russell Martin's Southampton finishing above us, then you have Everton, Forest, maybe Wolves with PSR issues.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
How on this Earth can anyone suggest we're in relegation danger after the last two season's we've had? I'm sure this is just a fishing exercise but I have to say this and unearthed historic threads are becoming tedious.
Pretty sure Watford were flying high, got to the FA Cup final, then got relegated the next season. Leicester went from FA cup winners to relegated in two seasons. It happens to everyone. Getting complacent because we have been in the top six once is going to get us relegated.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No - I don't see a side with

Bart Verbruggen
Lewis Dunk
Jan Paul Van Hecke
Valentin Barco
Billy Gilmour
Solly March
Kaoru Mitoma
Julio Enciso
and Joao Pedro

being anywhere near a relegation battle. With the right players around that core, that's a Top 10 side.

Last edited:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Right now. Yes. We've got no manager, have ended the season in relegation form and haven't made any signings (Osman I accept is one).

That said, all that could change really quickly. There's no point forming hard and fast opinions before August as it's all subject to change.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't think we will get relegated, but we might well have a difficult season. There is work to be done on stabilising and rebuilding - after all, we've just played half a season in near relegation form.
Yes, the aim might be regular top ten finishes, but realistically next season the main focus has got to be staying up.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I think every season we've been in the Prem, roughly about 7 or 8 points have separated 8th to 17th for about 2 thirds of the season. So there's a fair chance that if we're mid table we'll be considered "in the mix". But the truth is the three teams that came up last year and who went straight back down looked just as strong as the three teams that came up this year. So I would expect the three promoted clubs to be strong relegation candidates again.

When you consider that Ipswich were league 1 the season before last and will have reduced spending because of that, Leicester could be in financial trouble if they don't sell, Everton could have a points deduction and lose one of their best players, Forest will struggle financially and could also be subject to points deductions. I think there will be plenty of clubs with troubles worse than ours.

It was always going to be a worry when De Zerbi left, and it naturally makes all of us a little unsettled. But hopefully we'll get a solid managerial appointment soon, so they can spend the summer with the players. A few extra additions, and i think a top half finish is possible next year. I don't think we'll pull up trees next year, but I have faith in the clubs decision making so that next year can be a decent foundation building season, with a view to pushing for Europe again the season after.

Last edited:

theboybilly

I voted "No", however, you can never be certain. This is a huge summer, but do I see us dropping behind Leicester (point deduction, lost their manager), Everton (possibly another point deduction), Nottingham Forest (basket cases), Ipswich (kept the manager but a double promotion is a big ask to maintain).

You only need 3 worse teams, and whilst the answer is no, complacency is one hell of an enemy. I firmly believe that no team outside the top 6 are "established PL clubs"
2nd paragraph nails it for me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's a daft question. It depends on who the new coach is and player recruitment in the summer, as well as how our long term injuries heal.

Every one of the 'other 14' is at risk of relegation if they get coaching and player recruitment wrong.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Best to wait until the transfer window has closed, still time for a silly money offer arriving for the likes of Pedro

So on the fence currently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here