Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Archer & Bellotti

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
bobbyzee said:
sorry gullett.....i forgot myself for a moment. like most of us, i get fed up with constant rumour and unfounded nonsense re DK
a large portion of humble pie is currently being eaten!
No problem. Glad to see someone so passionate about someone who could possibly go down as the person who saved this club. Unfortunately some people will slag him off no matter what he does.

bobbyzee

Feb 17, 2004
Division 1
Gullet said:
Of course when I say "passionate" I dont mean in a "Gay capital of Europe" sort of way.
:lolol: :lolol:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
I don't see how people can have a problem with what Dick Knight has done.

Agree with what both Gullet and bobbyzee have said btw.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot believe that there can be anybody so stupid as to make a statement like if you 'don't support Dick Knight you don't support Brighton'

Where is wozza coming from?

I have supported the club since 1946 during which time I have contributed a vast amount of time, money and energy into the club in many different ways,granted they have all been for own personal enjoyment also but does this in itself not give me the right to have an opinion?

I will accept that so far he has brought two championships to the club and also a relegation which was due entirely to him and his lack of funds and indecisiveness in appointing a manager. Did he not miss the boat and sell Bob by Zamora on for a ridculously low fee? Did he not allow Coppel to go to Reading so that we would get compensation money to pay legal fees? In 7 years are we any nearer getting a stadium than we were when he took over. It is in the hands of John Prescott if he says NO then the answer to that question is also NO. I hope that JP says yes and we are nearer to getting a stadium but at the moment it is up in the air.

Where is the vast amount of money that he has put in to the club?

What about the other contributors i.e. Norman Cook. Kevin Griffiths, The chap from the Friday Ad, The man from Adenstar etc have they contributed nothing or have THEY helped keep the club afloat? I accept that as a PR exercise he brought us back to Brighton but in hindsight was this such a good commercial move. Had we still been at a borrowed ground, wherever, would that not have put more pressure on all to give us a ground?

Finally he has done some good I would agree but he is not the sole saviour of BHA that some people wish to make out. Somebody else would have come in I am sure.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
BensGrandad said:
In 7 years are we any nearer getting a stadium than we were when he took over. It is in the hands of John Prescott if he says NO then the answer to that question is also NO. I hope that JP says yes and we are nearer to getting a stadium but at the moment it is up in the air.

I don't think that's Dick Knight's fault is it?? The NIMBY's get the blame for that one.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
BensGrandad said:

Finally he has done some good I would agree but he is not the sole saviour of BHA that some people wish to make out. Somebody else would have come in I am sure.

Yeah right Ernest-they were fighting each other to take over a soon to be homeless club on the verge of dropping into the conference.:dunce:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Gullet said:
What? Does that include keeping the club afloat, bringing the team back to Brighton, winning TWO championships, maybe promotion again this season, organising and pushing for a new stadium and putting his own money into the club?
Yeah I'm really sceptical about what Knights going to do with the club after his 7 years in charge. He's obviously plotting to bring down this club the first chance he gets.
Stop bloody whinging all the time and give the man some credit for once. You've got nothing to back up your predictions.
:angry: :angry:
Gullet,once again I find myself in total agreement with you .Well said.:clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
IMHO I think he has done a very good job albeit the side-line in shirt design - stick to what you are good at Uncle Dick

ziggy

Sep 19, 2003
Hastings
Gullet said:
Of course when I say "passionate" I dont mean in a "Gay capital of Europe" sort of way.
:lolol: :lolol:
Sorry girls but that accolade now goes to Blackpool:lol:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
This thread does not make much sense unless Ben's Grandad reveals who he is.

I think Dick Knight has done a magnificent job in difficult circumstances. Remember Mike Bamber never put a penny of his own money into the Albion. He simply raised a lot of loans that had to be paid back which led to the club's steady decline in the mid 80s.
So why should people want to abuse your sons Ben's Grandad? Who are you?

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
BensGrandad said:
I cannot believe that there can be anybody so stupid as to make a statement like if you 'don't support Dick Knight you don't support Brighton'

Where is wozza coming from?

I have supported the club since 1946 during which time I have contributed a vast amount of time, money and energy into the club in many different ways,granted they have all been for own personal enjoyment also but does this in itself not give me the right to have an opinion?

I will accept that so far he has brought two championships to the club and also a relegation which was due entirely to him and his lack of funds and indecisiveness in appointing a manager. Did he not miss the boat and sell Bob by Zamora on for a ridculously low fee?
I do agree that you are entitled to your opinion. But I dont agree that Knight was solely responsible for the clubs relegation last year with the reasons you gave. It's easy to be wise with hindsight. Surely a lot had to do with us losing the best striker in the division and our no1 goalkeeper to injury so early in the season. Remember before they got hurt we had played 2, won 1 and drawn 1, and were 4th in the table. When Zamora came back we started winning again. Coincidence?

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
BensGrandad said:
Did he not miss the boat and sell Bob by Zamora on for a ridculously low fee?

Now I know you are Ernest or at the very least linked to his gene pool.

The bottom fell out of the transfer market just before BZ was sold-hardly DK's fault is it?.

We couldn't sell him earlier because he was needed in our relegation battle. Besides, if DK had sold him mid-season you and your contemporaries would have moaned incessantly about selling our goal scoring lifeline in the middle of a relegation battle.

It isn't very difficult to comprehend now is it? DK has only ever done good things or tried to do good things for this football club. He's not perfect (lacking the 250million we'd all like him to have) but he's doing his utmost to ensure this club survives AND thrives.

If you can suggest anything he could do differently without putting us in hock again I'd love to hear it-especially from somebody who has followed the club since 1946! You must have seen lots of examples of how not to do things properly in all of those years.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
BensGrandad said:
I will accept that so far he has brought two championships to the club and also a relegation which was due entirely to him and his lack of funds and indecisiveness in appointing a manager. Did he not miss the boat and sell Bob by Zamora on for a ridculously low fee? Did he not allow Coppel to go to Reading so that we would get compensation money to pay legal fees? In 7 years are we any nearer getting a stadium than we were when he took over. It is in the hands of John Prescott if he says NO then the answer to that question is also NO. I hope that JP says yes and we are nearer to getting a stadium but at the moment it is up in the air.

Where is the vast amount of money that he has put in to the club?

What about the other contributors i.e. Norman Cook. Kevin Griffiths, The chap from the Friday Ad, The man from Adenstar etc have they contributed nothing or have THEY helped keep the club afloat? I accept that as a PR exercise he brought us back to Brighton but in hindsight was this such a good commercial move. Had we still been at a borrowed ground, wherever, would that not have put more pressure on all to give us a ground?

What a twat you are BG. A total twat. OK, I'm biting, here goes...

Dick Knight was FAR from indecisive about getting a manager after Taylor left. Coppell pissed Knight around on several occasions during that close season to the point that DK ran out of time and had to plump for someone. Hinshelwood was inexpensive and available. Get your facts right.

No, he did not miss the boat. He kept Zamora in the hope staying in Division 1. It didn't work. He sold him to Spurs for the GOING RATE.

He didn't ALLOW Coppell to go to Reading. Coppell made his own mind up. What chairman would want to employ someone who didn't want to be there?

In 7 years are we any nearer getting a stadium than we were when he took over.

What a totally bollocks statement. Seven years ago, it was all we could do to get anywhere to play. We had no plans, no site identified, no means of funding - nothing. Now, we are waiting for a decision from John Prescott. If he says NO, THEN we will be back at the place where DK started from. But he hasn't. And we are a f***ing long way from where we were when DK took over.

As for the f***ing stupid question, 'where has all the money gone?' How may times must this mantra be sung? Not exactly Mr Current Affairs are you? Any idea how much it costs to run a fully professional football club?

Somebody else would have come in I am sure.
Jesus wept. No-one wanted to go NEAR the Albion in 1996/97. They have had every opportunity since, so where are these people? Nowhere. Let me make this plain. THEY DON'T EXIST.

I can't be bothered to answer the other points, mainly because words fail me.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Mona I appreciate your concern but I have consistently been of the opinion that DK is not the Knight in Shining Armour and have voiced this opinion on many occassion.

I attended a meeting at Southwick FC some years ago where Dick Knight was introduced to the meeting by Attilla, as the man to take over and take the club forward. The meeting suggested that 'hired help' should be brought in to assist in demonstrations at The Goldstone to oust Archer, Bellotti & Greg Stanley. In my capacity as a stocktaker for pubs clubs etc I was employed by Greg Stanley to carry out the audits at his club in East Preston. He suggested to Dudley Sizen some four years earlier having a supporter on the board and he put forward my name. He was told by the then Board ' if he has the money he can come on the board if not tough'. I was told by another club chairman that financial investigation had shown that Dick Knight was not in a financial position to purchase a football club.

Based on this information and being totally against bringing in 'hired help i.e proffesional antagonists and demonstrators I voiced my opposition to the plans. This resulted in beer being thrown over me and me being spat at and I was ridiculed by Dick Knight' when he said ' who is this fool is he an Archer fan? from that moment on I was tainted with this label of being a fan of Archer and Bellotti. Many of the people present at that meeting are now virtually lap dogs to Dick Knight and follow his every move and bow to him as if he was God.

I love Brighton & Hove Albion FC but what has Dick Knight done to prove to me that what I said on that evening in Southwick was not correct.

I am eagerly awaiting him producing evidence to prove me wrong.
If he does I will publicly stand up and acknowledge him and admit I was wrong.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BensGrandad said:
I am eagerly awaiting him producing evidence to prove me wrong.If he does I will publicly stand up and acknowledge him and admit I was wrong.

That might be very soon when Falmer is announced

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
BensGrandad said:
Mona I appreciate your concern but I have consistently been of the opinion that DK is not the Knight in Shining Armour and have voiced this opinion on many occassion.

I attended a meeting at Southwick FC some years ago where Dick Knight was introduced to the meeting by Attilla, as the man to take over and take the club forward. The meeting suggested that 'hired help' should be brought in to assist in demonstrations at The Goldstone to oust Archer, Bellotti & Greg Stanley. In my capacity as a stocktaker for pubs clubs etc I was employed by Greg Stanley to carry out the audits at his club in East Preston. He suggested to Dudley Sizen some four years earlier having a supporter on the board and he put forward my name. He was told by the then Board ' if he has the money he can come on the board if not tough'. I was told by another club chairman that financial investigation had shown that Dick Knight was not in a financial position to purchase a football club.

Based on this information and being totally against bringing in 'hired help i.e proffesional antagonists and demonstrators I voiced my opposition to the plans. This resulted in beer being thrown over me and me being spat at and I was ridiculed by Dick Knight' when he said ' who is this fool is he an Archer fan? from that moment on I was tainted with this label of being a fan of Archer and Bellotti. Many of the people present at that meeting are now virtually lap dogs to Dick Knight and follow his every move and bow to him as if he was God.

I love Brighton & Hove Albion FC but what has Dick Knight done to prove to me that what I said on that evening in Southwick was not correct.

I am eagerly awaiting him producing evidence to prove me wrong.
If he does I will publicly stand up and acknowledge him and admit I was wrong.
Aaaahhh........ so it's personal then. Now we know.:glare:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
BensGrandad said:
In my capacity as a stocktaker for pubs clubs etc I was employed by Greg Stanley to carry out the audits at his club in East Preston. He suggested to Dudley Sizen some four years earlier having a supporter on the board and he put forward my name.

Well let's all thank f*** that never happened. Somebody like you involved with club on a day to day basis doesn't bear thinking about.

A personal recommendation from Slimeball Stanley?:tosser: We all know what happened when he last made one of those in connection with The Albion...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here