Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arch Watch

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
There isnt anything to attach it to yet, which is what I was really getting at, until the east when as soon as the arch was up it was attached to the back of the stand

It is quite happy to sit on its temporary supports. Thats what they are intended for.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
There isnt anything to attach it to yet, which is what I was really getting at, until the east when as soon as the arch was up it was attached to the back of the stand

I see what you mean. There are some metal bits which come vertically off the back of the stand and attach to the roof truss. I can't remember what order it all happened in last time. Were those metal bits already on the back of the stand or did they go up at the same time as the roof??

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
looking at the feb web cam footage the roof strutts went in as soon as the arch pieces were lifted, and we attached to the back of the stand which was already complete. I guess the west will be different as its a totally different type of stand

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Last image on the webcam, at 1715, it looks like the second piece of the arch is already attached to the crane and there are a group of people stood below it.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Last image on the webcam, at 1715, it looks like the second piece of the arch is already attached to the crane and there are a group of people stood below it.

Not attached as yet.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Getting ready for lift no 2 but North stand looks like it's being held up by two cranes!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here