Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

April Jones, Missing Girl in Wales

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hopefully they are torturing her location out of him as we speak.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
My point being, that from previous occasions, it is best not to name people until charged or even convicted.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not being funny, but if they've got the bloke they need to force information out of him. We're too soft in this country.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Not being funny, but if they've got the bloke they need to force information out of him. We're too soft in this country.

He may be the right person. But the point is, supposing he isn't ? (like many before). They'll be a few bricks through his window regardless. People shouldn't be named until things are sure.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Re: Missing Girl in Wales

I think he has been charged now hasnt he? i know he has been named, its on the welsh news now.......

British law says a suspect cannot be named until formally charged, unlike the States where it is a free for all.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't think the Police have named him at all. The press obtained his name from other sources locally.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
It wasn't going to take long before his name was put into the media due to how small the community is there. Agree the media shouldn't be giving it out though until more formal charges are made. Just keep thinking back to that Bristol murder and the poor guy arrested over that.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
It wasn't going to take long before his name was put into the media due to how small the community is there. Agree the media shouldn't be giving it out though until more formal charges are made. Just keep thinking back to that Bristol murder and the poor guy arrested over that.

The POLICE have given his name out.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
The POLICE have given his name out.

Maybe they have now, I haven't seen it to be honest - but I'm sure that wasn't the case when I saw a Sky News tweet yesterday saying something like "Sky Sources believe the man arrested is...".

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thinking ahead to the inevitable for a second here: would users prefer to start a new thread about "peados" and whether the death penalty should be brought back, or would it be preferable to just bounce the previous hundred or so?

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
heard the man's name mentioned a lot on tv news yesterday - 'was named locally' (whatever thaqt means), though at the time police were declining to name a suspect they had..

the police have since confirmed name themselves, so not sure how law stands now..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here