Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

April 23rd is St Georges Day

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Scotty M said:
so because i have a lack of knowledge with regards to classical english music, it means i cannot celebrate st georges day with it

i know very little about dance music either, oh well, guess i cant go clubbing if that is the case

And where exactly did I say that?

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Lorrenzo said:
How about having 1 day where being an Englishman I can feel I'm equal?

Every thing and every body is protected in this country except from someone like me.

Just a straight white Englishman who wants to be proud of being English.

You can start by getting a straight, white English user name.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Hungry Joe said:
And where exactly did I say that?

i was reading between the lines

you tell me to name which british composers i would chose to listen to - so i do. and then all of a sudden i am given 2/10 for naming the music i would chose to have at a st georges day party

care to explain what that is all about?

Lorrenzo said:
How about having 1 day where being an Englishman I can feel I'm equal?

Every thing and every body is protected in this country except from someone like me.

Just a straight white Englishman who wants to be proud of being English.
Err ...

The ONLY form of musical performance that is now allowed to be performed in public without a licence is MORRIS DANCING.

I hope that makes you feel better, Lorrenzo.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Scotty M said:
i was reading between the lines

you tell me to name which british composers i would chose to listen to - so i do. and then all of a sudden i am given 2/10 for naming the music i would chose to have at a st georges day party

care to explain what that is all about?

You celebrate in whatever style makes you happy, just be genuine and informed about it if you're going to parade it in a public forum for your own sake.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Hungry Joe said:
You celebrate in whatever style makes you happy, just be genuine and informed about it if you're going to parade it in a public forum for your own sake.

that was genuine and informed - if i was going to be uninformed i would of rattled off a whole load of people i had never heard of. it is amazing what having music as a part of the national curriculum does

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Hungry Joe said:
A good search engine helps too.

who needs a search engine when there is wikipedia:)

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Scotty M said:
who needs a search engine when there is wikipedia:)

That's more like it. You see, I couldn't give a rat's arse if you celebrate your Englishness on April 23rd by cranking out some John 00 Flemming whilst getting hammered on Stowford Press and eating sausages on sticks, as long as it your celebration and not some second hand idea of what you think it should be to be English. And please, please drop the paranoid misconceptions about what you can or can't do and actually find out (read Lord B's posts for a starting point, he's very well informed). If you and others like you on these threads are that patriotic you should realise what extremely lucky people you are to live in a free country where the vast majority of the laws of the land are designed to protect the common man and woman and treat people as equals. So stop bitching, the PC Brigade do not exist as any kind of force to be given so much press, and if you're going to celebrate do it with a bit of style....your style.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here