Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

April 23rd is St Georges Day

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
How about starting off by mastering the English language in his honour?

It is St George's Day. Note the apostophe - it is significant.

And, Leekbrookgull, a comma is not the same as an apostrophe.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
fatboy said:
But you happily celebrated St George's day.

im guessing you mean st patricks day - and you were the one ruined if i remember correctly. although the free hats were worth it

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How about eating and drinking only English products for the whole weekend? :drink:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Strike said:
This is England's national day so let's get as many England flags on show as possible, and shove the fact we're proud of it down the throats of all those politically correct wankers. Go out on the streets, and celebrate St Georges, with the hopefully festivals on.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I'm with you.

No councillor is ever gonna tell me what I can and can't do.

If I wanna fly my flag from my window I will do.

English & very proud of it.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Scotty M said:
i dont want to celebrate in case i offend someone of an ethnic minority

Got that wrong there mate.

we SHOULDN'T be allowed to celebrate it in case it offends some minority or other.

But it's OK to celebrate St Patricks day,the chinese new year,diwalhi etc etc. :censored:

dougdeep said:
How about eating and drinking only English products for the whole weekend? :drink:

Like that pint of Guinness you're drinking there? :drink:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
London Irish said:
Like that pint of Guinness you're drinking there? :drink:

No, it's Riggwelter.

Right then, all you moaners who are complaining that you might not be allowed to "celebrate St George's Day".

EXACTLY WHAT CELEBRATION DO YOU HAVE IN MIND?

Is it just flying a flag?

If so, that's pathetic as celebrations go.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Lord Bracknell said:
Right then, all you moaners who are complaining that you might not be allowed to "celebrate St George's Day".

Celebrating by having a feast with family, or going to a festival in a rural area, with lots of dancing etc, and maybe have a few drinks. Not just a flag outside my window.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
As it happens, I'm offended by most of the St. Patrick's Day celebrations I see over here. Mainly because they consist of English drunks wearing stoopid hats. So, if I want to celebrate the 17th March properly I'd prefer to go home, thanks.

But what's stopping anyone celebration St. George's Day? Only I don't recall any sort of edict prohibiting the enjoyment of it.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:

a HUGE parade through the streets, followed by a concert of classical english music, rounded up nicely by some form of street party with banners drapped across the streets, eating cream buns and drinking earl grey tea

Last edited:

Scotty M said:
a HUGE parade through the streets, followed by a concert of classical english music, rounded up nicely by some form of street party with banners drapped across the streets, eating cream buns and drinking earl grey tea

No morris dancing? :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here