Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

April 23rd is St Georges Day

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
This is England's national day so let's get as many England flags on show as possible, and shove the fact we're proud of it down the throats of all those politically correct wankers. Go out on the streets, and celebrate St Georges, with the hopefully festivals on.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I will be flying my Russian flag as it is their patron saint ( and many other countries ) as well.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I thought you were a nazi?

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
B.M.F said:
I will be flying my Russian flag as it is their patron saint ( and many other countries ) as well.

Georgia have a similar flag to us, cos it is their national day (but at a different date), just a few more little red cross's in the St Georges Flag.
Georgia_Flag.gif

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
fatboy said:
I thought you were a nazi?

Is that aimed at me or the boy that can't stand still:lolol:
nazi.gif

Ray the Otter

Apr 7, 2006
by the riverbank
I'm all for a spot of flag flying/waving but I'd like to remind everyone that it's worth taking them down after the event. There's nothing worse than seeing a tatty old faded St.Georges Cross left over from Euro Whenever hanging limply from an upstairs bedroom window. The effect it can have on surrounding property prices can be disasterous.

St George is patron saint not only of England but also of Aragon, Catalonia, Georgia, Lithuania, Palestine, Portugal, Germany and Greece; and of Moscow, Istanbul, Genoa and Venice (second to St Mark).

He's also patron saint of soldiers, archers, cavalry and chivalry, farmers and field workers, riders and saddlers, and he helps those suffering from leprosy, plague and syphilis.

I guess most of us have some sort of reason to celebrate him.

Hungry Joe said:
I'm passionately Lithuanian first, a proud farmer second and fiercely syphilitic third so I'm in.

:lolol:

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Lord Bracknell said:
St George is patron saint not only of England but also of Aragon, Catalonia, Georgia, Lithuania, Palestine, Portugal, Germany and Greece; and of Moscow, Istanbul, Genoa and Venice (second to St Mark).

He's also patron saint of soldiers, archers, cavalry and chivalry, farmers and field workers, riders and saddlers, and he helps those suffering from leprosy, plague and syphilis.

I guess most of us have some sort of reason to celebrate him.

Also scouts, as a Welsh girl (who happens to be living near Newport), told me, that her local scouts celebrate St Georges.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i dont want to celebrate in case i offend someone of an ethnic minority

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
But you happily celebrated St George's day.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
sir danny cullip said:
Im with you there scott.

as i was really offended when the irish celebrated, and lets be honest, we dont want to offend imigrants by celebrating the country that is housing them do we

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here