Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Apple airpods

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Apple don’t make a monitor. I’m being whooshed aren’t I.......
Lol. I don't know as I don't use their stuff. My mate who has Apple everything spent £800 on a TV/monitor thing that had an Apple printed on it.

I have no idea what it was but it wasn't a computer and it was clearly a massive waste of money.

Fortunately he was able to get tax relief on it as he worked from home sometimes so we managed to wash it through his company accounts.

Oh and sorry, you're wrong. A quick Google showed me this.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-27...-/333756549545?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
Great thread. Apple products and their relative value raise pulses more than politics and religion. Go figure.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Great thread. Apple products and their relative value raise pulses more than politics and religion. Go figure.

It amazes me just how defensive some can get over a lump of plastic and metal that does exactly the same as other people's lumps of plastic and metal.
Having a little fruit printed on it apparently makes it better, except it doesn't, not even a little bit.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I work in IT and about 12 years ago I worked on a mobile app that worked on iPhone, Android and Blackberry. Being in the market for a new phone at the time I compared the three then decided to get an iPhone as it was the one I preferred and have got them since.

Really can't get that excited about the whole Android v Apple thing.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
You have to admire their front. A mate of mine paid £800 for an Apple monitor. It's about the same size as mine which cost £100 around five years ago. Maybe it switches on when he stands near it with his watch though. Bargain!

£800? He's not trying hard enough...

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/buy-mac/pro-display-xdr

(N.B. your mate hasn't just bought an Apple monitor, as other than the above they haven't made any since 2016 - they only sell LG displays)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
£950 :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

stan.JPG

If you really REALLY want to spend as much money as you can then Apple are more than happy to take it. Get a Mac Pro with the wheels (at extra cost) and the Pro Display XDR with the stand (at extra cost), actually it supports multiple displays so you'll want at least 2 possibly even 3.

A base spec Mac Pro is £5,499, if you max out the spec by going for the highest processor option (+£7,000), max 1.5TB of RAM (+£25,000), max graphics card (+£10,800), max 8TB SSD storage (+£2,600), afterburner card (+£2,000) and some wheels (+£400) you can get that up to £53,448.

Add a couple of Pro Display XDR each with Nano texture glass (+£900) and the stand (+£949) for a total of £12,896.

Voila – one super computer with 2 screens – £66,344.

Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 12.58.32.png

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
Anyone else manage to get the 2nd generation airpods from Aldi this morning? I'm not usually a Black Friday bargain hunter but £90 seemed like a genuinely good deal and managed to tick a couple of people off the prezzie list

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here