Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Apple airpods

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's the crux of it for mate, unless Apple have started making high quality earphones, which they've never done before, I would just find them really frustrating no matter how much else they offer, they made to deliver sound fundamentally.

If sound quality is the major concern you shouldn’t even be thinking of AirPods or similar?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Wouldn't surprise me mate.

If you'd care to read the whole thread though. I didn't really say anything that bad. The escalation was rather harsh in my opinion.

Some people have a huge devotion to certain things and it clouds their usual judgement.

Oh agreed, I don't think you've said anything bad at all. I was just trying to crowbar in a dreadful joke!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
This thread is going well :lolol:

It's incredible what people can find to argue about! I had less of an argument when my wife found out I'd spent £220 on some air pod pro's at the weekend. The only reason I read this thread to see what they're like and I'm not sure I know yet (Haven't got them out yet so I can't give an opinion)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
33850-60119-29003-46174-Apple-Pencil-vs-Apple-Pencil-2-blue-background-l-l.jpg

I think this is where my admiration for Apple finally peaked. They can actually get people to hand over £120 - for a pencil.

Genius. Absolute genius.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
33850-60119-29003-46174-Apple-Pencil-vs-Apple-Pencil-2-blue-background-l-l.jpg

I think this is where my admiration for Apple finally peaked. They can actually get people to hand over £120 - for a pencil.

Genius. Absolute genius.
You have to admire their front. A mate of mine paid £800 for an Apple monitor. It's about the same size as mine which cost £100 around five years ago. Maybe it switches on when he stands near it with his watch though. Bargain!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You have to admire their front. A mate of mine paid £800 for an Apple monitor. It's about the same size as mine which cost £100 around five years ago. Maybe it switches on when he stands near it with his watch though. Bargain!

Just because you don't understand why something might be better, doesn't mean it isn't. I can quite easily buy a 55" telly for £400, but the picture really won't be anywhere near as good as a top of the range OLED 55" at £1500.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Just because you don't understand why something might be better, doesn't mean it isn't. I can quite easily buy a 55" telly for £400, but the picture really won't be anywhere near as good as a top of the range OLED 55" at £1500.
Yes I know. But it's just a monitor. I've seen it. It's nothing special and he only uses it for arsing about on the internet, not complex graphic design or video editing.

It's a running joke between us, he's probably bought one of those pencils and he would laugh at himself for doing so.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Yes I know. But it's just a monitor. I've seen it. It's nothing special and he only uses it for arsing about on the internet, not complex graphic design or video editing.

It's a running joke between us, he's probably bought one of those pencils and he would laugh at himself for doing so.

Life would be good if we could all be as cool and knowledgable as you. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Does it look like this? If so it’s not a monitor it’s an iMac (a computer)

14f4f2970f93ddc6e9d58178b3a74f26.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

A bit like buying a sit on mower for a 12' lawn. Like you say though, the monitor may well be good value if you need that level of spec.

Now my Dad has always been a hobbying artist, and produced some fantastic portraits. 70 now, shielding, he sits with his Apple Pen and iPad and has been producing some really beautiful pictures that would be impossible without the pen. The technology in it with regard to it's response to touch and pressure and how that translates into the artwork is amazing. He's getting an incredible amount of joy out of it.

For just clicking on your safari tabs, or opening your next app - yeah probably a bit overkill! :lolol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You have managed to rack up 24 posts on a product thread you have no interest in! [emoji38]ol::moo:
Aside from my original couple of posts and one agreeing with Easy, I've just been trying to stick up for myself vs the cultists. I'm also actually banned from this thread so it's a good effort imo. [emoji23]

I didn't realise that my thread about everyday electronic consumer goods could cause passions to run so high :)

I am sure that you will be fascinated to know that youngest located some 2019 model AirPods at £136 (£12.01 off due to Black Friday) which. after her staff discount. reduced by a further £14.95. I pointed out to her that the staff discount could purchase me another set of £14.99 ones if I chipped in another 4p!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I didn't realise that my thread about everyday electronic consumer goods could cause passions to run so high :)

I am sure that you will be fascinated to know that youngest located some 2019 model AirPods at £136 (£12.01 off due to Black Friday) which. after her staff discount. reduced by a further £14.95. I pointed out to her that the staff discount could purchase me another set of £14.99 ones if I chipped in another 4p!
Anything for 4p is a bargain in my book!

Well apart from something like an album by The 1975, or a BMW Mini, or a Peaky Blinders hat, or an Apple watch or..... (STOP, STOP YOU'RE ALREADY BANNED, please don't tell me Bozza drives a Mini and likes The 1975 or my goose is well and truly cooked).

Ahem.

I apologise (again) for my part in derailing your thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here