Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Applauding the attendance announcement

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can't believe no-one has blamed Thatcher for this yet.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
What the hell's that all about? And especially the sycophantic applauding of the away attendance. Lots of away fans have come down on a saturday afternoon to visit a new stadium - SO WHAT?

this totally - its embarrassing and should be stopped immediately.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Utter nonsense. Every time we clap, the opposing fans clap back. Every time. The best games I've been to have involved a large number of away fans causing a racket and getting involved - Leeds being a prime example. Why not give them a clap for 10 seconds?? What's "pathetic" are the chavs on NSC who somehow think this makes us look sad.
Where do you sit? I,and anyone who sits wsl near away end will tell you that is utter drivel-forest fans laughed and sang 'you're only hear to see the forest' ,Peterborough fans definitely mocked us before and after we clapped them and Leeds sarcastically applauded and hurled abuse over! maybe it's the sign of football 2011 but I'm with the 'cringe-please stop this' brigade

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Why don`t we send them all 'Thank You For Attending' cards. It makes me cringe.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's simple - if you are really worried what other people will think of you, don't clap. Then you can sit there with your arms folded looking menacingly at the opposing fans knowing that you are not embarrassing yourself. ???

Personally, i'll give the opposing fans a clap for having made the journey to support their team and giving their money to us rather than sitting on their fat arses paying money to sky.

And i couldn't give a flying f*** what anyone else thinks about it

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
I always clap the away fans. For a start were going back in to recession Tickets,Travel,and refreshments on a day out are not cheap.

It also makes for a better atmosphere too vociferous away fans supporting there team whatever. If they want to sing your only here for the forest let them because we know that our attendances are on average 19,000 this season. Also about 5 minutes after they sung that we scored a winner which probably made them choke on that chant.

I like to think BHA is above the we hate any opposing fan wherever there from lets get em in fill the away end take there money show them a good time in Brighton let them spend money in local establishments, then mug em for the 3 points.

Oh and any Brighton fan going up to M,borough will get applauded by me.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
It's simple - if you are really worried what other people will think of you, don't clap. Then you can sit there with your arms folded looking menacingly at the opposing fans knowing that you are not embarrassing yourself. ???

Personally, i'll give the opposing fans a clap for having made the journey to support their team and giving their money to us rather than sitting on their fat arses paying money to sky.

And i couldn't give a flying f*** what anyone else thinks about it

This. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: I hope all that clapping wasn't too cringeworthy or embarrassing for anyone

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
In my exile over here, I had no idea that this was still going on, so the fact that it is makes me enormously proud to be a Brighton fan; having both a winning side and a loud, intimidating atmosphere are fantastic. But to combine these with huge amounts of class is even better still.

And of course the fact that a few grumpy nostalgic/old members of the Danny Dyer fan club can't get their heads around the concept of acting with class shouldn't really surprise anyone, I guess.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
When all's said and done, we're all football fans. I think it shows our class and do it, but respect other people's choice not to. Why try and dictate to others how they should behave?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Shows a bit of class in my view, and what wrong with that. Getting pretty tired of Albion fans dissing the Amex experience, if you don't like it then don't go.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I'd say that is equally cringeworthy.

Can't be arsed to read the thread, but I agree with the OP. Applauding the away attendance is wrong on so many levels.

If you could be "arsed to read the whole thread" you point could be relevant, as you haven't its meaningless.

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I rather like it... to me it is another heart-warming reminder of what good days we are living in Albion-wise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here