Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apologies if its been asked elsewhere on NSC but...

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Has anyone on NSC who has ever had a conversation with Kevin Keehan ever heard him say ANYTHING about football?

Yes, he certainly know's his onions.

Ed I have to I have a lot of time for Kevin as a person but I cannot for the life of me work this move out, why leave a great job in the commercial department of a club not long away from moving to a new stadium with state of the art corporate facilities to enter the bear pit of management of club, without wishing to offend, are clearly punching well and truly above their weight? ???

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes, he certainly know's his onions.

Ed I have to I have a lot of time for Kevin as a person but I cannot for the life of me work this move out, why leave a great job in the commercial department of a club not long away from moving to a new stadium with state of the art corporate facilities to enter the bear pit of management of club, without wishing to offend, are clearly punching well and truly above their weight? ???

Commercial manager of BHA is not exactly what most ex footballers aspire to. Perhaps in Kevin's mind he sees becoming a manager a real possibility. THis is probably his only chance to do so, and hey if he makes it works then he could have a career in it ahead of him.

Personally I suspect he will be a reasonable manager in finding good ex league players and probably getting Brighton players on loan (!) but I doubt his coaching ability. He may need to bring in someone like Bob Booker perhaps?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Commercial manager of BHA is not exactly what most ex footballers aspire to. Perhaps in Kevin's mind he sees becoming a manager a real possibility. THis is probably his only chance to do so, and hey if he makes it works then he could have a career in it ahead of him.

Personally I suspect he will be a reasonable manager in finding good ex league players and probably getting Brighton players on loan (!) but I doubt his coaching ability. He may need to bring in someone like Bob Booker perhaps?

Well I hope it does work out for him.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Good luck to him , IMO he will bring in the right players to strengthen the squad for a campaign in the BSP. With the consortium putting in the dosh they can attract players capable of playing at this level and perhaps have League 2 quality and ability.
Several Albion squad members are out of contract in the near future and maybe they will be enticed to drop down 2 divisions in order to prolong their careers.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
You cant dual sign regular players. I believe players on youth contracts can go out on 'work experience' and play for another club - a number of our lads have done this at Bognor. Don't know if that's allowed in BSP.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just to remind you what you originally said................

Yep. I know exactly what I said.

I never said Kevin Keehan wasn't going to go to Lewes as manager, though I did find it incredulous. Why? Because I didn't know. I suggested Martin Keown (in the same way others said it would bw Kevin Keegan - ha, ha) because I couldn't believe it would be Kevin Keehan. I never said the story was wrong, and I never said you were wrong. So why have you and Brian decided to behave like schoolyard children with your 'ha, told you so...' attitude? It is PATHETIC.

I also said I was not bien cables with Lewes FC at all, when you seemed to think I was.

So, please don't resort to your Worthing Herald-level of 'journalism' by putting words in my mouth.

D

Deleted User X18H

Yep. I know exactly what I said.

I never said Kevin Keehan wasn't going to go to Lewes as manager, though I did find it incredulous. Why? Because I didn't know. I suggested Martin Keown (in the same way others said it would bw Kevin Keegan - ha, ha) because I couldn't believe it would be Kevin Keehan. I never said the story was wrong, and I never said you were wrong. So why have you and Brian decided to behave like schoolyard children with your 'ha, told you so...' attitude? It is PATHETIC.

I also said I was not bien cables with Lewes FC at all, when you seemed to think I was.

So, please don't resort to your Worthing Herald-level of 'journalism' by putting words in my mouth.
listen pal, you clearly said that Keehan would never manage Lewes, and you were wrong, take the shame, and get your plimsolls out:lol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Al why have you lumped me and harty together just becaiue we both, independantly disagreed with your version of what would happen

My version of what would happen? I gave no opinion of what would happen. Who do you think I am - Nostradamus? I gave an opinion of what I though of the idea.

I lump you two together because you seem to take pleasure in mis-representing me, which is something I find pretty low and abhorrent.

If it helps to clarify things ... I spoke with The Large One last weekend, pretty much as soon as both he and I knew that Kevin Keehan's name had been mentioned in connection with the Lewes move.

He did, indeed, express an opinion about the suitability of Mr Keehan for the manager's job and the likelihood that someone else - surely - must be in Martin Elliott's mind.

It now seems likely that we might both have been wrong.

But I can confirm that TLO wasn't DENYING the story. He was COMMENTING on it.

That's a pint of Mr Jenner's finest you owe me, Al.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here