Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apologies if its been asked elsewhere on NSC but...

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Can somebody please answer 2 questions for me:

1. Why would Kevin Keehan throw up a good job, presumably quite well paid , as Commercial Manager for BHA to 'try his luck ' as a football manager having had no experience of this type of work, espcially as the future for us looks so bright with Falmer.

2. Why should a consortium who are obviously investing a lot of money willing to take a chance with a manager with no previous experience of football management. I could understand if it was somebody like Bob Booker but a man with no experience at all.

1 - perhaps Uncle Dick has tipped him off (Albion takeover, new brush, etc)

2 - if he's leading the consortium he picks the manager - his director of football/coach can provide the technical input

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I love this Kevin Keehan for manager bollocks. It's hilarious. :lolol:

I reckon it would be more likely some someone like his sound-alike - Martin Keown.

Clearly Alan you don't have your finger on the pulse as much as you'd like to think.

Wait and see what happens in the next 72hours.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
How many of the players we release will be turning out for the Rooks next season?
Letting Keehan be manager sounds to me like an absolute disaster waiting to happen, they'll be lucky to get as many points as Derby have this season. At BSP level you need a manager with experience of that division.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland

I reckon it would be more likely some someone like his sound-alike - Martin Keown.

Keown's name was being bandied around the Galway United job, so its possible he is looking for a job...

He may just have decided that working for Nick "Rouge Trader" Leeson (CEO of GUFC) wasn't a great idea, in case his salary suddenly become a few negative billions.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

or Kevin Keegan :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can somebody please answer 2 questions for me:

1. Why would Kevin Keehan throw up a good job, presumably quite well paid , as Commercial Manager for BHA to 'try his luck ' as a football manager having had no experience of this type of work, espcially as the future for us looks so bright with Falmer.

2. Why should a consortium who are obviously investing a lot of money willing to take a chance with a manager with no previous experience of football management. I could understand if it was somebody like Bob Booker but a man with no experience at all.

My questions are still unanswered and Lewes FC maintain that he is going to be employed by the club not part of the consortium.

Sorry to have to do 3 seperate posts but unfortunately I do not know how to put multiple quotes on a single post.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Has anyone on NSC who has ever had a conversation with Kevin Keehan ever heard him say ANYTHING about football?

He played County League and maybe a game or two above that level, but was well known in County football for a time.

Was he not a coach at the Albions Centre of Excellence at one age group for a time ?

By all accounts he holds himself in quite high regard on football matters !!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
What's the name of the ex-palace chairman who is now owner/manager of a Ryman League/BSS team?
He was after Noades but before Jordan.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I've checked the Argus site and I've read the report on the Sussex Express website but I remain baffled. Not about WHETHER Kevin Keehan is manager of Lewes but WHY.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here