Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apologies if its been asked elsewhere on NSC but...

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Could the Kevin Keehan buyout of Lewes involve close links with the Albion, ie would it be possible to scrap the Brighton reserve team and dual sign some of the younger/fringe players at the Albion to play in both the Conference and, when required, the Football League with the Albion?

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Could the Kevin Keehan buyout of Lewes involve close links with the Albion, ie would it be possible to scrap the Brighton reserve team and dual sign some of the younger/fringe players at the Albion to play in both the Conference and, when required, the Football League with the Albion?

might be possible, but what we would we gain from scrapping the reserve team? We could always loan them a couple kiddies.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It would not surprise me in the slightest if there is some sort of tie up. Who knows, with Worthings ground not been available next year, we could see Albion's reserves playing their matches at Lewes....

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Can you 'dual sign' players like that between the Conference and League 1? It's not something I've heard of before.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Can you 'dual sign' players like that between the Conference and League 1? It's not something I've heard of before.

No, you can't. Your registration is with one club.

So why on earth would (a) Brighton want to do away with their own reserve team and (b) why would Lewes want to utilise someone else's players when they already have their own?

Sorry, Mr New Lewes Manager, you can't have Player X today - he's wanted somewhere else...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
No, you can't. Your registration is with one club.

So why on earth would (a) Brighton want to do away with their own reserve team and (b) why would Lewes want to utilise someone else's players when they already have their own?

Sorry, Mr New Lewes Manager, you can't have Player X today - he's wanted somewhere else...

I thought as much... and they'd all end up cup-tied... and what if we draw each other in the Cup etc... and at the end of the season, what's to stop you packing a load of league one players into the Lewes team to gain promotion etc... it just doesn'd add up.

If we could do this, what is to stop Arsenal, for instance, 'feeding' players to us (or anyone else for that matter?)

Oct 25, 2003
not necessarily scrap our reserves, but a partnership could be formed in true football manager style

we:
loan them some youth players
give them some money
play an annual friendly

they:
give us first refusal on their players
give our youngsters experience in a decent league

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
As it stands our reserves are still playing at Worthing next season.

But Horsham have now received confirmation that they will be playing at Worthing next season.

And the Ryman League do not allow 'triple sharing'of grounds.

To me that means our Reserves will have to find somewhere else to go next year.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
not necessarily scrap our reserves, but a partnership could be formed in true football manager style

we:
loan them some youth players
give them some money
play an annual friendly

they:
give us first refusal on their players
give our youngsters experience in a decent league

Don't understand why we never did that with Crawley. Will defo head to the Crawley/Lewes derby next year.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Don't understand why we never did that with Crawley. Will defo head to the Crawley/Lewes derby next year.

Would prefer the albion to only deal with clubs owned by people who weren't dodgy. Ruling out Crawley in the past and future. Possibly. But then potentially ruling out lots of other clubs too. So maybe scruples and principles have no place in professional football.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
I was talking about this with my Dad a minute ago. He reckons Lewes could become an Albion feeder team, would be a shame for Lewes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can somebody please answer 2 questions for me:

1. Why would Kevin Keehan throw up a good job, presumably quite well paid , as Commercial Manager for BHA to 'try his luck ' as a football manager having had no experience of this type of work, espcially as the future for us looks so bright with Falmer.

2. Why should a consortium who are obviously investing a lot of money willing to take a chance with a manager with no previous experience of football management. I could understand if it was somebody like Bob Booker but a man with no experience at all.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here