Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anything interesting from last night's fans forum?

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
we wont sell out portsmouth and we didn't sell out palace away on tuesday last time either...every season ticket holder will get tickets who wants them. people have nothing better to do than have a go at the club when they are doing a brilliant job

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I am not sure if it your avatar or the attitude in your post that gets on my tits more in all honesty. Probably both together.

Of course you are not going to be worried. You have only been arsed with 6 or 7 games. Take the fella last night for example. 25 years or whatever blah blah, only missed 2 games home and away last season and only about 40 in 10 years. He bleeds blue and white for christ sake and yes there is a fairly good chance he will not get a ticket for some away games.

It aint rocket science.

Lets say Palace give us 3000 tickets for the game at their place.

1st up are the 1901 with ST from Withdean. If they do not want them, you can bet your bottom dollar they will buy them for someone they know.

Then plane old 1901

Then ST holders from the Amex that were also ST at Withdean.... of which many " Away fans" were not ST at Withdean.... for the same reason that you didn't go quite so often.

After all of that lot ... There will be JACK SHIT LEFT.... FACT

As long as you are not worried though eh. That's alright then..... the people it actually bothers should all just keep quiet.

Gus liked the noise and passion of our away support. I wonder how he would react to knowing that the travelling support are now going to be the prawn sandwich eating brigade.

In response to your first point. Maybe wording it as JCL is not correct. Maybe fans coming back is more accurate. Or part timers that thought, yep lets get one this season to sort us for next year.

Apologies, but the tone of your post has riled me no end.

Lots of ifs, buts and maybes in that post. If we get 3000 tickets for Palace then pretty much everyone who was a ST at withdean and goes to a few away games and cup ties will get one. The scheme has to start somewhere, I think it's pretty fair. We are not going to take at least 2000 to every game this season so those who do go to the undersubscribed games will get an advantage that should secure the premium tickets. I'd guess that there will be very JCL's at Palace, and it will be mostly regulars.

I can't wait for the season to satrt and we can start dealing with real situations rather than hypothesised doom and gloom.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
[MENTION=704]Tummy Burger[/MENTION], genuine question here - how would you do it? You don't like the current system - so what is the alternative?

The system they've implemented rewards those that have pumped the most money in to the club. These may not be the most die-hard supporters (how you'd measure that I've no idea) but they are those that have given (in a monetary sense) the most directly to the club. It results in a clear tiered system - so whatever else you can accuse it of, at least it's clear the order of priorities. The problem with any 'soft' system is that you risk making the system incredibly complicated both for the club to run and the supporter to understand.

As per my last post. I have no idea quite how much data / records the club has from past seasons. Away games are a nightmare to track, simply because some fans will have paid on the day.

I joked with a member of staff at the ticket office. I asked if my 6 season tickets from my young days at the Goldstone would gain me loyalty points. LOL.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
we wont sell out portsmouth and we didn't sell out palace away on tuesday last time either...every season ticket holder will get tickets who wants them. people have nothing better to do than have a go at the club when they are doing a brilliant job

If you are correct, I will donate the huge sum of £10 to REMF and do all the housework the wife asks me to for a week.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lots of ifs, buts and maybes in that post. If we get 3000 tickets for Palace then pretty much everyone who was a ST at withdean and goes to a few away games and cup ties will get one. The scheme has to start somewhere, I think it's pretty fair. We are not going to take at least 2000 to every game this season so those who do go to the undersubscribed games will get an advantage that should secure the premium tickets. I'd guess that there will be very JCL's at Palace, and it will be mostly regulars.

I can't wait for the season to satrt and we can start dealing with real situations rather than hypothesised doom and gloom.

For sure it will even itself out but I think it may take a while before it does.

Agree with the last part 100%

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
As per my last post. I have no idea quite how much data / records the club has from past seasons. Away games are a nightmare to track, simply because some fans will have paid on the day.

I joked with a member of staff at the ticket office. I asked if my 6 season tickets from my young days at the Goldstone would gain me loyalty points. LOL.

The good thing is that from this season they will be very easy to track and we can monitor those records ourselves, a major advance on what went before. I think that if we have an interesting end to the season then all those who put the work in by heading to cardiff, burnley etc will have their loyalty rewarded.

I didn't mean to have a pop in my last reply Tommy, and I agree these things will even themselves out eventually.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
The good thing is that from this season they will be very easy to track and we can monitor those records ourselves, a major advance on what went before. I think that if we have an interesting end to the season then all those who put the work in by heading to cardiff, burnley etc will have their loyalty rewarded.

I didn't mean to have a pop in my last reply Tommy, and I agree these things will even themselves out eventually.

No worries. It was only commander that seemed to be having a go. Like I said, I would not even class myself as being anywhere near the "top tier of die hards". Theoretically I may make anything between 8 - 15 away games this year dependant on child care and work. There was so much whinging at the fans forum by the sounds of things, that the guy who raised this issue probably got some funny looks, yet I found myself on his side.

The key point which someone made here is " how could the club have done it differently ". When you actually think about it, in the cold light of day, there is probably not a lot else that they could have done. ( without knowing what data they have on us ).

The key point which someone made here is " how could the club have done it differently ". When you actually think about it, in the cold light of day, there is probably not a lot else that they could have done. ( without knowing what data they have on us ).

You see, this is my view as well, but I agree 100% with what Commander said (although I accept he could have said it in a more diplomatic way!). There are two issues;

1) Concerns about the availability of away tickets at this stage are completely unfounded. We don't know how difficult it will be to get tickets for Palace/Pompey away. They are likely to sell out, but we don't know at what stage.

2) The system is clear and the rankings obvious. There are always going to be individuals that are not happy, no matter what the system. I didn't listen to the fans forum last night, but it sounds like this guy was complaining about 1901ers being at the head of the queue; if they weren't, it would be one of them making a fuss instead of a regular season ticket holder. As the Olympic ticket debacle shows, no matter how much time and effort you put into designing a system, if there are a shortage of tickets you aren't going to please everyone.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I am not sure if it your avatar or the attitude in your post that gets on my tits more in all honesty. Probably both together.

Of course you are not going to be worried. You have only been arsed with 6 or 7 games. Take the fella last night for example. 25 years or whatever blah blah, only missed 2 games home and away last season and only about 40 in 10 years. He bleeds blue and white for christ sake and yes there is a fairly good chance he will not get a ticket for some away games.

It aint rocket science.

1st up are the 1901 with ST from Withdean. If they do not want them, you can bet your bottom dollar they will buy them for someone they know.

Then plane old 1901

Then ST holders from the Amex that were also ST at Withdean.... of which many " Away fans" were not ST at Withdean.... for the same reason that you didn't go quite so often.

As long as you are not worried though eh. That's alright then..... the people it actually bothers should all just keep quiet.

Gus liked the noise and passion of our away support. I wonder how he would react to knowing that the travelling support are now going to be the prawn sandwich eating brigade.

In response to your first point. Maybe wording it as JCL is not correct. Maybe fans coming back is more accurate. Or part timers that thought, yep lets get one this season to sort us for next year.

Get over it fella. Commander is absolutely correct, and those are the rules at every other club in the country. If Tickets are sold out by the time they get to you then tough shit I'm afraid.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

It aint rocket science.

Then plane old 1901

I've had that avatar for about 5 years so you'd better get used to it. I like it.

But do calm down, you'll give yourself a heart attack.

First of all, 6 or 7 home games + 6 or 7 away games makes 12-14 games a year, not 6 or 7. I'm sorry if you don't feel that is good enough, but I actually have more going on in my life than just football, believe it or not. It makes me laugh that some people on here seem to look down on others who dare to have a life outside of going to football every single weekend, it makes be laugh because I look down on those that don't.

But your point doesn't make sense. This fella who bleeds blue and white and only missed two games home and away last season and only 40 in 10 years, surely had a season ticket at Withdean last year? That puts him 250 loyalty points ahead of me, and rightly so. Why on earth is he worried? All he has to do is keep an eye on the website so he knows when the tickets for his amount of loyalty points go on sale, and then either log on or pick up the phone when they do. He will get one every single time. I am not in the slightest bit worried about getting away tickets, not because I'm not arsed whether I go or not, but because I know I will get them. I have never, ever not been able to go to an Albion game that I wanted to go to because I couldn't get tickets. Ever. That is not going to change now.

Supposedly half of the 1901ers were Withdean STH last year. The other half are probably corporates or 'JCL's'. How many of them are likely to go to away games? Not very many. And people seem to forget that not everyone goes to away games. There are plenty of fans, STH and non-STH, who just don't 'do' away games, they never have and they never will. Nothing wrong with that. And due to the higher number of people (like myself) getting season tickets this year, there is going to be less interest from those people in away games, as they are going to be going to more home games. And you can add to that the fact that Championship grounds have much bigger away allocations than League 1 grounds.

We couldn't even sell out our end at Walsall (not exactly the other end of the country) when a win would secure the Championship last year. I think we took about 2500. What makes you think that is suddenly gonig to change? I just don't see what all the panic is about. We couldn't sell out against Peterborough, (1st vs 3rd and the only ground left with a big terrace behind the goal).

And I honestly do not believe that loads of 1901ers are going to start buying up the away tickets for their mates. Yes I'm sure it will happen a bit, but not enough to make it an issue. And going back to the guy you mentioned before, he had 250 loyalty points more than me, that's 25 away games more! He will be able to get tickets for every single away game he wants to, if I'm not worried on a mere 1,000 points, then neither should he be on 1250.

From what I can work out, there are about 5,000 people ahead of me in the queue for away tickets (say 4,000 Withdean STH and 1000 1901ers who weren't Withdean STH). We've just been given 3150 tickets for Pompey away. So it would take over 3 in 5 people who are eligible for tickets to go ahead and buy them for me to not have a chance of getting one. That just isn't going to happen. 1 in 4 of them are probably on holiday for a start, at least another 1 in 4 wont go to away games, and a load more are going to be kids who can only go if their parents decided to go. So stop panicking.

How many, seriously, do you think we would take to Pompey away in August if it was pay on the gate?

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
You see, this is my view as well, but I agree 100% with what Commander said (although I accept he could have said it in a more diplomatic way!). There are two issues;

1) Concerns about the availability of away tickets at this stage are completely unfounded. We don't know how difficult it will be to get tickets for Palace/Pompey away. They are likely to sell out, but we don't know at what stage.

2) The system is clear and the rankings obvious. There are always going to be individuals that are not happy, no matter what the system. I didn't listen to the fans forum last night, but it sounds like this guy was complaining about 1901ers being at the head of the queue; if they weren't, it would be one of them making a fuss instead of a regular season ticket holder. As the Olympic ticket debacle shows, no matter how much time and effort you put into designing a system, if there are a shortage of tickets you aren't going to please everyone.

In which case, you MUST have the data then?. Enlighten us. How much info does the club have?.

As it happens the guy did not even mention 1901 ers. He just eluded to the fact that there are a fair amount of people who have missed almost NO games over a long period of time and are in the pot with you or I for tickets.

I 100% disagree with what commander said and the way he said it.

Let me ask you a genuine question.

Do you think "Loyalty points" should reward loyalty OR How much money you may have or are prepared to spend on a season ticket ?.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No worries. It was only commander that seemed to be having a go.

I wasn't meaning to have a go, it was more of a general rant about the unnecessary panic about getting tickets than anything aimed at you personally.

You see, this is my view as well, but I agree 100% with what Commander said (although I accept he could have said it in a more diplomatic way!)

Yes, probably right. Hey ho, it's early in the morning.

Get over it fella. Commander is absolutely correct, and those are the rules at every other club in the country. If Tickets are sold out by the time they get to you then tough shit I'm afraid.

Yep, but don't worry, they wont be sold out by the time they get to you anyway.

I think the only people who can feel really hard done by in the whole loyalty points scheme are those people who have been going to 15-20 away games every season, along with a few home games as well. They have nothing to show for that at all, and I think there are quite a few in that category. But that said, I don't really see what the club could have done differently.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Do you think "Loyalty points" should reward loyalty OR How much money you may have or are prepared to spend on a season ticket ?.

The same as the system in every single other football club (or business) in the country, they should reward those who give the biggest financial outlay to the club. That's the way it works, the club is a business, so needs to reward it's most loyal customers i.e. the ones that give it the most money.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I've had that avatar for about 5 years so you'd better get used to it. I like it.

But do calm down, you'll give yourself a heart attack.

First of all, 6 or 7 home games + 6 or 7 away games makes 12-14 games a year, not 6 or 7. I'm sorry if you don't feel that is good enough, but I actually have more going on in my life than just football, believe it or not. It makes me laugh that some people on here seem to look down on others who dare to have a life outside of going to football every single weekend, it makes be laugh because I look down on those that don't.

But your point doesn't make sense. This fella who bleeds blue and white and only missed two games home and away last season and only 40 in 10 years, surely had a season ticket at Withdean last year? That puts him 250 loyalty points ahead of me, and rightly so. Why on earth is he worried? All he has to do is keep an eye on the website so he knows when the tickets for his amount of loyalty points go on sale, and then either log on or pick up the phone when they do. He will get one every single time. I am not in the slightest bit worried about getting away tickets, not because I'm not arsed whether I go or not, but because I know I will get them. I have never, ever not been able to go to an Albion game that I wanted to go to because I couldn't get tickets. Ever. That is not going to change now.

Supposedly half of the 1901ers were Withdean STH last year. The other half are probably corporates or 'JCL's'. How many of them are likely to go to away games? Not very many. And people seem to forget that not everyone goes to away games. There are plenty of fans, STH and non-STH, who just don't 'do' away games, they never have and they never will. Nothing wrong with that. And due to the higher number of people (like myself) getting season tickets this year, there is going to be less interest from those people in away games, as they are going to be going to more home games. And you can add to that the fact that Championship grounds have much bigger away allocations than League 1 grounds.

We couldn't even sell out our end at Walsall (not exactly the other end of the country) when a win would secure the Championship last year. I think we took about 2500. What makes you think that is suddenly gonig to change? I just don't see what all the panic is about. We couldn't sell out against Peterborough, (1st vs 3rd and the only ground left with a big terrace behind the goal).

And I honestly do not believe that loads of 1901ers are going to start buying up the away tickets for their mates. Yes I'm sure it will happen a bit, but not enough to make it an issue. And going back to the guy you mentioned before, he had 250 loyalty points more than me, that's 25 away games more! He will be able to get tickets for every single away game he wants to, if I'm not worried on a mere 1,000 points, then neither should he be on 1250.

From what I can work out, there are about 5,000 people ahead of me in the queue for away tickets (say 4,000 Withdean STH and 1000 1901ers who weren't Withdean STH). We've just been given 3150 tickets for Pompey away. So it would take over 3 in 5 people who are eligible for tickets to go ahead and buy them for me to not have a chance of getting one. That just isn't going to happen. 1 in 4 of them are probably on holiday for a start, at least another 1 in 4 wont go to away games, and a load more are going to be kids who can only go if their parents decided to go. So stop panicking.

How many, seriously, do you think we would take to Pompey away in August if it was pay on the gate?

I shall bother to read this effort when I return from my "other life" - which I don't have. Taking the 6 year old to the dentists. You see , my life is full of excitement. Compared to Mr 5000 posts on NSC ??

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

The problem is, we as fans might think that loyalty should be rewarded, but to the club the money guaranteed from a season ticket means a lot more unfortunately. It's easy to forget that at the end of the day, football teams are a business and while they will try their best to please all the fans, their number one priority is to make money and be successful.

Edit: Sorry, it appears Commander got there first.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What a load of bollocks. The new corporate fans in 1901 aren't going to go to away games. The real fans in 1901 who have always gone to away games will do.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

You're still VASTLY overestimating the demand. If you had a Withdean season ticket you WILL get a palace ticket. You won't need any additional points because there won't be 3000 Withdean season ticket holders wanting to go to Palace on a Tuesday night, particularly with the potential to get treated like cattle by the police.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
We're having a brass band and a minute's silence (although clearly not at the same time) on Saturday, and there will be a load of former managers and players in attendance.

Oh, and most importantly of all, Gus likes Take That and Rihanna.

In which case, you MUST have the data then?. Enlighten us. How much info does the club have?.

As it happens the guy did not even mention 1901 ers. He just eluded to the fact that there are a fair amount of people who have missed almost NO games over a long period of time and are in the pot with you or I for tickets.

I 100% disagree with what commander said and the way he said it.

Let me ask you a genuine question.

Data on what? The point is, as Commander alludes to in one of his posts, we don't know how many 1901ers, or Withdean ST holders, will want to go to the away games. If (as you suggest) a good portion of the 1901ers are JCLs, then the club will have NO data on the likelihood of them attending away games. It might be that every single 1901er takes up their option on an away ticket, it might be 70%, it might be 50%, etc. We simply don't know, so worrying about the fact that others have been prioritised ahead of you seems a bit premature.

"Loyalty points" may be a misnomer, but that's completely by-the-by. Tickets for high-demand games should be allocated according to the amount that people have given to the club, IMHO. And I say that as someone who doesn't have a season ticket, has never had a season ticket, and only attends a few away games a year. I probably haven't any chance of getting tickets for the big away games, but that's fair enough as I don't put any money (in terms of attendance) into the club. Just because someone went to Carlisle for a JPT game on a wet Tuesday night in 2008 shouldn't mean that they get priority tickets for Palace away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here