Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyone who uses the trains for work

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
pasty said:
Not if there was a genuine threat of being sacked it wouldn't.

There's allways a threat of being sacked in that job!

It just would'nt work!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Kinky Gerbils said:
Call there bluff - Im sure there are lots of jobless people that are quite happy to do the training and get paid what they currently get paid.

And just how much do they get paid out of interest?

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Lorrenzo said:
And just how much do they get paid out of interest?

£17,000 p.a., on average, for the lowest grade in 1994. I'd imagine that's increased a bit now, but I can't find any more recent figures at the moment.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
sparkie said:
But that's what's inexcusable I think. Deliberately trying to cause maximum misery to the general public.

There never is a good time for strike action, Especially on public transport.

I'm sure the majority of Signalmen would rather not have to go on strike but sometimes it's the only way to get these issues resolved.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Just in case anybody has'nt heard, next weeks planned strikes have been suspended following a new improved offer from Network Rail.

The offer just has to be recieved in writing and put to the members.

The deal looks acceptable.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
London Irish said:
Really a case of Thatcher's children spouting about unions on this thread.

Not even the Conservative party believes in sacking people who organise lawful industrial disputes, and we do have about the most restrictive anti-union laws in Europe.

... and the unions have an attitude of sod the millions of people we're going to cause trouble for we'll strike regardless.

A selfish attitude not out of keeping with Thatcher thinking !!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Lorrenzo said:
Just in case anybody has'nt heard, next weeks planned strikes have been suspended following a new improved offer from Network Rail.

DAMN!!! I was going to use it as an excuse to *ahem* "work from home" on the day on an England match
:angry:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
London Irish said:
Not even the Conservative party believes in sacking people who organise lawful industrial disputes

Would that be why they introduced legislation that allowed employers to sack workers that went on strike, then?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
bhaexpress said:
Yes of course, great idea but if we all did that certain institutions (such as banks) would grind to a halt.

how ? why ? with modern technology its virtually un necessary to commute . . .in fact, when I'm in charge I'll introduce taxes to make sure you don''t ! :lolol:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
zefarelly said:
how ? why ? with modern technology its virtually un necessary to commute . . .in fact, when I'm in charge I'll introduce taxes to make sure you don''t ! :lolol:

run that one past me again Zef.

I work in london and have to physically configure machines for our customers to work on when they come in to test their systems.

How can I do that remotely?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
pasty said:
DAMN!!! I was going to use it as an excuse to *ahem* "work from home" on the day on an England match
:angry:

My master plan too, foiled again !

D

Deleted User X18H

zefarelly said:
There are traditionally based jobs that require social interfacing such as mine where I broke high level insurances losses at Lloyds.etc

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Dies Irae said:
run that one past me again Zef.

I work in london and have to physically configure machines for our customers to work on when they come in to test their systems.

How can I do that remotely?

I was referring to banks, 99% of work is computer controlled these days surely? so barring tape apes and pooter tinkerers you don't need to commute ? The local branches could do with a proper manager and some staff as well :rolleyes:

As a Mille oaker Dave you should stop commuting to London and work in Sainsburys :lolol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Lorrenzo said:

Shame - i was in the mood to see some mass sacking of anyone who participated in the strike...

Strikes are a lazy way to get what you want!! Completely out of order these days...granted they were needed in the past, but not now...

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
zefarelly said:
I was referring to banks, 99% of work is computer controlled these days surely? so barring tape apes and pooter tinkerers you don't need to commute ? The local branches could do with a proper manager and some staff as well :rolleyes:

As a Mille oaker Dave you should stop commuting to London and work in Sainsburys :lolol:

If they paid me what I get in London, I would be there like a shot!

Its the same old story with Banks. They need a presence in Large Cities.....if HSBC moved their headquarters to Brighton they would be laughed at. When you work in London, I have found you realise just how provincial places like Brighton actually are. We like to think ourselves as London By The Sea, but that is just nonsence.

Anyway its all very well having computerised systems that you can use at home ie VPN, but you still have to have us "tekkies" to run the things. Its not all sitting on our arses on NSC all day ( al though we do that 99% of the day obviously)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
99.9% Dave surely ;)

ok, so you have to go to London for some things . . .then you should live in Croydon :eek:

actually . . .no . . .commutings a small price to pay environmentally compared to that

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Live in Croydon:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You should see some of the people who get on at East Croydon. Genetic experimentation gone hideously wrong. And thats the good looking ones

You can see the sort of people at Sale Days at ASDA's

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Dies Irae said:
If they paid me what I get in London, I would be there like a shot!

Its the same old story with Banks. They need a presence in Large Cities.....if HSBC moved their headquarters to Brighton they would be laughed at. When you work in London, I have found you realise just how provincial places like Brighton actually are. We like to think ourselves as London By The Sea, but that is just nonsence.

Anyway its all very well having computerised systems that you can use at home ie VPN, but you still have to have us "tekkies" to run the things. Its not all sitting on our arses on NSC all day ( al though we do that 99% of the day obviously)

Agreed - I work for the worlds most inept Hight Street Bank now, although located locally, but they are inept as they can't get the good staff - the're all in London!! So commute for the good jobs we must..I'd love to get paid London salaries to work locally - but it'd never happen...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Dies Irae said:
Live in Croydon:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You should see some of the people who get on at East Croydon. Genetic experimentation gone hideously wrong. And thats the good looking ones

You can see the sort of people at Sale Days at ASDA's

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

ah . ..that must be part of the Walmart GM food testers as well, mono browed, eyes like pissholes in the snow,

looking like this ?

convicted66.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here