Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyone who uses the trains for work

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Lorrenzo said:
Believe me the strike action is the last resort, It can still be avoided but that's up to Network Rail.

I'm in no way saying that strike action isn't required - I don't know the background to the dispute so can't say. It's the choice of date though which I think is inexcusable, and if there is a valid practical reason for this date, then perhaps it should be explained.

Last edited:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Bunch of moneygrabbing arseholes don't get what they want so decide to seriously inconvienience millions of people who aren't even remotely involved in the issue. Twats.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Grendel said:
Bunch of moneygrabbing arseholes don't get what they want so decide to seriously inconvienience millions of people who aren't even remotely involved in the issue. Twats.

I know! But that's Network Rail for you!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Grendel said:

what the commuters or the train drivers ? ;)

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
sparkie said:
It's the choice of date though which I think is inexcusable, and if there is a valid practical reason for this date, then perhaps it should be explained.

Maximum impact to try and get Network Rail back to the negotiating table I guess.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
zefarelly said:
I suggest you all stop commuting and work locally . ..then it wouldn't matter one jot

Yes of course, great idea but if we all did that certain institutions (such as banks) would grind to a halt.

Dies Irae said:
Next Tuesday - England Vs Sweden in the evening, those lazy workshy train driving bastards are going on strike AGAIN starting at 1 oclock for 24 hours...which means people cant get home for the england game and if they do stay at home that day AND USE A DAYS HOLIDAY, they cant get into work in the morning. AND The trains will all be in the wrong place so there will be delays trying to get home on the Wednesday if you do manage to get in.

I despair

alfgarnett6xt.png

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Lorrenzo said:
Maximum impact to try and get Network Rail back to the negotiating table I guess.

But that's what's inexcusable I think. Deliberately trying to cause maximum misery to the general public.

If they feel they have to strike, fine, but doing so on a World Cup date won't cause any further financial penalty to Network Rail than any other date, and as such won't influence any decisions about negotiations.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
pasty said:
No, just the ones that strike.

That's a lot of Signalmen to sack in one go!

Who would run the trains for the next year While they recruit and train the new one's?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
pasty said:
Not if there was a genuine threat of being sacked it wouldn't.

Call there bluff - Im sure there are lots of jobless people that are quite happy to do the training and get paid what they currently get paid.

Really a case of Thatcher's children spouting about unions on this thread.

Not even the Conservative party believes in sacking people who organise lawful industrial disputes, and we do have about the most restrictive anti-union laws in Europe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here