Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyone who uses the trains for work

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Next Tuesday - England Vs Sweden in the evening, those lazy workshy train driving bastards are going on strike AGAIN starting at 1 oclock for 24 hours...which means people cant get home for the england game and if they do stay at home that day AND USE A DAYS HOLIDAY, they cant get into work in the morning. AND The trains will all be in the wrong place so there will be delays trying to get home on the Wednesday if you do manage to get in.

I despair

Cue Virgo's haircut telling us all how badly paid they are and how they can justify this action

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dave is this all trains on Southern and First Capital mate? PM on its way.

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Dave is this all trains on Southern and First Capital mate? PM on its way.

PM sent...Yes mate

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Its been all over the London news for a couple of days.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Dies Irae said:
Next Tuesday - England Vs Sweden in the evening, those lazy workshy train driving bastards are going on strike AGAIN starting at 1 oclock for 24 hours...which means people cant get home for the england game and if they do stay at home that day AND USE A DAYS HOLIDAY, they cant get into work in the morning. AND The trains will all be in the wrong place so there will be delays trying to get home on the Wednesday if you do manage to get in.

I despair

Cue Virgo's haircut telling us all how badly paid they are and how they can justify this action

It's not the train driver's who are on strike, It's the Signalmen!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Unless I've missed something, I don't think it's the drivers this time???

Isn't it the signal workers? and perhaps enough will work anyway so disruption will be minimal.

I always think that the union leadership deliberately suggests world cup days etc. so they'll get a bigger vote for taking action, as members who wouldn't normally strike will fancy the day off.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
sparkie said:
I always think that the union leadership deliberately suggests world cup days etc. so they'll get a bigger vote for taking action, as members who wouldn't normally strike will fancy the day off.

Nice theory but strike dates are'nt announced until after the results of the strike ballot are known.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Lorrenzo said:
Nice theory but strike dates are'nt announced until after the results of the strike ballot are known.

Well I don't know but perhaps it's unwritten common knowledge that if a strike is proposed around a World Cup time, then on past experience it's guaranteed that 'by coincidence' it will be when England play, even if the date can't be officially announced until after the ballot.

If not, then it's just mean spirited, by the leadership, and shows a complete lack of regard for the general public.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
The transport unions are like Millwall. Noone likes us we don't care.

They want to create the most havoc possible. Thankfully not all unions are like that.

Well it's not as if the Signalmen go on strike on a regular basis.

It is the first time for 12 years.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
sparkie said:
Well I don't know but perhaps it's unwritten common knowledge that if a strike is proposed around a World Cup time, then on past experience it's guaranteed that 'by coincidence' it will be when England play, even if the date can't be officially announced until after the ballot.

If not then it's just mean spirited and shows a complete lack of regard for the general public.

Believe me the strike action is the last resort, It can still be avoided but that's up to Network Rail.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lorrenzo said:
Well it's not as if the Signalmen go on strike on a regular basis.

It is the first time for 12 years.

ah well that makes it all right then!

FFS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here