Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone watching this 9/11 Documentary

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Obviously not! I was just making an observation not just about this programe but anything on the telly with 'real life' americans on it

You're not very bright are you? Hundreds of thousands of people scared shitless, fire fighters walking to certain death, some incredible bravery, some onlookers witnessing people so terrified they leaped to their deaths, everybody in the programme experiencing sheer hell and terror and you find them 'quite annoying'.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
What I find staggering is how everything was just pulverised, obliterated and vaporised. The amount of dust is unbelievable and covered a huge area. Just think of the amount of stuff inside both buildings that just disappeared

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We must never forget that there are people out there that wish to kill innocent people in the name of religion.......Never

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Like others have already said watching programmes / footage of 9/11 remains complelling even after 8 years. Be it a morbid fascination or simply the need to remember what happened.
As for the show itself, there was some incredible footage. You can't help but wonder how many of the firefighters you saw didn't actually live through it.
Oh and agree the C4 should be ashammed of cramming that many adverts into such a programme, I was really getting quite annoyed by the end of it.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I watched it on plus 1 as well... that footage of people jumping out of the windows from both towers was hideous.... I was talking to my other half about it... just think of the situation you must be in to choose to jump out of the 100th floor of a skyscraper.... those poor people.

The emergency operators conversations with people in both towers were very moving as well (we didn't hear the other side of the conversations). The people must have been panicking by the time, judging by the responses from the operators. :(

Papa

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
One of mates walked out of one of the Towers. He never talks about it.

I found this programme incredible, just how brave were the emergency services to go into the Building? I know they are trained but you still have to have the guts to go in.

having no commentary just playing peoples comments as they watched things unfold and the local TV and Radio news was inspired, it didnt need somebody telling us what was going on.

To our mate who survived - respect you mate
and through REMF Robert Eaton will never be forgotten

I still cant beleive that evening I went to a game of football !!

Mark R

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
We must never forget that there are people out there that wish to kill innocent people in the name of religion.......Never

True, every day I curse the f***ing Catholics and their wish to see the whole of Africa die of Aids

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Some top footage. How long do you reckon people could last walking through the dust ball?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
It was awful. I'm sure everyone can remember what they were doing at that exact time. It was one of those life defining moments that you will never ever forget.
I also find anything 9/11 related completely captivating. I still cannot grasp the severity of it. Watching these programmes on C4 just put you in the mindset of those people that were there, the innocent people that lost their lives and the brave firefighters that risked their lives to save others.

Yes I can still remember nearly everything I did that day and where I was all during it..and I'm 60 now. It is just scary.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Best programme of the year:clap:

You just can't begin to imagine what it must have been like, so I'm not going to try and justify it with words. The only thing I do often think is just how hideous a death it must be for only 200 odd bodies to be found out of 3,000, and for only TWELVE in both towers to be identified by sight - the rest having to rely on DNA because they were no more than body parts. Or, even more sadly, never identified because they were just part of that huge ball of dust that engulfed NYC.

Yes and all the dealing desks I built over a year at SBFI in Newhaven ended up in that pile of muck too...:eek:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
True, every day I curse the f***ing Catholics and their wish to see the whole of Africa die of Aids

Erm, I'm Catholic and I dont want to see the whole of Africa die of Aids. Its not religion thats the problem, its the warped views of a minority that perhaps is. Same goes for Muslims. 911 was caused by bad people, not a bad religion.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
My first reaction after checking some of the wifes family were ok and not in the building that day was what Americas reaction would be. i Genuinely thought this could provoke a nuclear war at the time. It did not, but the outcome is the body count is still rising everyday in Afghanistan, Iraq and here in london on 7/7. Who would have thought.
Terrible day with Terrible consequences for so many people.
Please dont start a binfest on who started what.

Its unforgivable to take any innocent life.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Erm, I'm Catholic and I dont want to see the whole of Africa die of Aids. Its not religion thats the problem, its the warped views of a minority that perhaps is. Same goes for Muslims. 911 was caused by bad people, not a bad religion.
are you a practising catholic? and if so , for how long have you been practising ?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
you can't fault their attitude or blame anyone who was there on that terrible day for coming across 'quite annoying'. shows just how insensitive some people can be years after the event. some of the bravest moments to ever be caught on camera as you can clearly see all emergency personnel involved were scared stiff. i think it's incredibly commendable how american's in particular can pick themselves up after such an atrocity and decide to work together to build something bigger and better. difficult to say whether the same thing would happen in the uk. it's going to be one hell of a skyline.

I agree with the first bit but the UK has been hit much much worse in the blitz with many towns/cities flattened (look at pictures of London and Coventry at the end of WW2) but we did recover and dare I say it so did Germany after the destruction of their cities. What shocked America was that is was the first time they had been attacked on their own soil to such a devastating extent by outside forces. I believe that their views on war would be different had they suffered the damage that we had.

Nevertheless there were a shed load of very brave people that day and all who lost their lives should never be forgotten

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I agree with the first bit but the UK has been hit much much worse in the blitz with many towns/cities flattened (look at pictures of London and Coventry at the end of WW2) but we did recover and dare I say it so did Germany after the destruction of their cities. What shocked America was that is was the first time they had been attacked on their own soil to such a devastating extent by outside forces. I believe that their views on war would be different had they suffered the damage that we had.

Nevertheless there were a shed load of very brave people that day and all who lost their lives should never be forgotten

and more recently the various IRA bomb attacks in London

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

I know, that was semi my point

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here