Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone watching this 9/11 Documentary

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's terrifying. Still can't believe it's real. Just looks like a disaster movie after all these years. Just watching the smoke / debris from the first tower that fell.

Terrifying watching it-imagine how terrified the people trapped were. So terrified that some decided to jump. It must have been hell for those poor people.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Let's also remember one of our own who is in there as we watch :(

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I was working in Leeds at the time and I was panicking, god only knows what these people must have been feeling!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I will bless every day I live, just a thought!

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i always watch what i can about 9/11, i dont know why its just something in me makes me, the documentry with the french brothers with a fire crews is such an amazing bit of filming

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Cant believe the bloke witha big mask on his face and his little boy didnt even have a tissue on his face..!!!

Very moving docu' though.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
When I watched this several months back i remember thinkin how incredible some of the footage was. This program was that powerful it doesn't even need any subtitles or commentary in a 2 hour documentary

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
I was doing jury service at lewes the day it happened. Didn't know anything about it until leaving court. Was told by the security guard but didn't believe him. When I got home I couldn't belive what I was seeing.

Like others have said, I find the whole thing morbidly fascinating. This footage is unreal and gives you some perspective of what of was like. Even watching it it is still hard to comprehend.

Last edited:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Am I the only one who finds the americans who are emotinal quite annoying?

Obviously its a terrible thing to even witness but they do grate on me a bit.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
These type of events show actually how little we really can do in the face of such an atrocity.

B-Rad

Jan 22, 2009
Milton Keynes
i remember ringing my mum to pick me up from school after getting back from an away match. she told me to get walking cos she was watching the news about some plane crashing into a building.
the next day my tutor told the class what happened would change the way we lived from now on. he wasnt too wrong

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I thought the adverts were a bit disgraceful, you know they've charged a bomb for every second of each advert shown. They've made an absolute packet out of showing it, which I think is wrong.

As for the programme itself, like BoF and Stevie Boy, I am compelled to watch EVERYTHING related to 9/11. It's amazing the stuff that went on that day. And I still can't watch the collapses without gasping in horror, and sheer suprise. I NEVER saw that coming. It wasn't until a couple of years ago that I fully realised the horror of what happened that day, but now I completely understand and it's horrible.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Was 11 at the time, one of my class mates had a relative in the Pentagon so no teachers mentioned it all day, didnt find out until I got home. Remember being transfixed by the footage for days, watching Sky News even when all they were showing were the burning embers and the desperate, thankless, futile searches afterwards. 8 years later nothing has changed, the footage never ceases to shock and cause anger, amazement and grief. That day should never and will never be forgotten and programmes like this are vital in ensuring that innocent people who died that day will never be forgotten. An immensely powerful programme.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Going to see ground zero is one of the things that I am definatly going to do in my life!

I think it would be nice to find Rob Eatons name and lay something to do with the REMF there.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Am I the only one who finds the americans who are emotinal quite annoying?

Obviously its a terrible thing to even witness but they do grate on me a bit.

Just you by the looks of it.

What exactly do you expect them do under those circumstances-act normal? Sake!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Just you by the looks of it.

What exactly do you expect them do under those circumstances-act normal? Sake!

Obviously not! I was just making an observation not just about this programe but anything on the telly with 'real life' americans on it

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Can't believe that guy, was late for work, if he was on time, he'd of been in the WTC. Lucky man

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
you can't fault their attitude or blame anyone who was there on that terrible day for coming across 'quite annoying'. shows just how insensitive some people can be years after the event. some of the bravest moments to ever be caught on camera as you can clearly see all emergency personnel involved were scared stiff. i think it's incredibly commendable how american's in particular can pick themselves up after such an atrocity and decide to work together to build something bigger and better. difficult to say whether the same thing would happen in the uk. it's going to be one hell of a skyline.

NYCc.2010.jpg

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
This will be my second 9/11 in New York and I thought the most moving thing last year was when the Tribute in Light was switched on at sunset. An incredibly powerful sight to honour those that perished.

Tribute in Light.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here