Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone want some free wood?

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I doubt it's useless if they are going to this much trouble for it...or maybe it's not wood?

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
Try and push it back out on the outgoing tide so that it goes down the Channel and across the Pond. It would probably float up the St. Lawrence then all the Ontario Seagulls could pick it up around Toronto somewhere.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
As the pics show, there was absolutely tonnes of it on Brighton beach this afternoon. It was all really good quality timber as well. I would have had it away if i'd have had a van or truck capable of moving it. I'm sure it will all be salvaged by the middle of the week.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
loads on Southwick beach by the power station today...saw a couple of cars with sun roofs open with wood stuck out of them!!!!!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Worthing beach!!

getEdFrontImage.aspx

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Took Brother in law home to Ferring this evening and driving along the front between George V Ave and Sea Lane Goring was a couple of cars with sunrooves open loaded with timber and then driving along to Sea Lane Ferring at the very end was an open backed lorry loaded with wood.

Near the Pier in Worthing the area where the wood is is fenced off. Isnt it amazing that the police can sort that out quick but if you have a break in at your home they will send somebody when they are available.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Isnt it amazing that the police can sort that out quick but if you have a break in at your home they will send somebody when they are available.

Ouch, my aching sides. Keep 'em coming, no really, do!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ouch, my aching sides. Keep 'em coming, no really, do!

I saw more police around the Worthing seafront area yesterday than I had seen for years.

FACT

Oh apart from when the tree huggers came to town...sorry.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
As the pics show, there was absolutely tonnes of it on Brighton beach this afternoon. It was all really good quality timber as well. I would have had it away if i'd have had a van or truck capable of moving it. I'm sure it will all be salvaged by the middle of the week.

Look at the pictures, it's all knotty pine - Not good quality at all - good for an AGA and thats about it..

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Huge(double page!!) article on worthing in the Mail. That's a lot of wood.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
How the Hell can anyone prove that wood washed up on the beach is wood from this boat? I mean obviously it is from there but how can dibble say "I am positive that that plank you have is part of so and so cargo". Just a thought like.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Look at the pictures, it's all knotty pine - Not good quality at all - good for an AGA and thats about it..
Had a stroll on the beach at Goring yesterday and I can confirm that the stuff washed up there is pretty crap. It's all mixed lengths and thicknesses and very knotty. Not really worth a 2 grand fine just to nick wood which is only really any good for burning.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Sussex police say they are treating this matter very seriously...........

with a brush and some creosote :jester:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Sussex police say they are treating this matter very seriously...........

with a brush and some creosote :jester:

Police investigating the incident were said to be looking for tree fellers.

But it might have been four.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Build a lot of extra seats with all that wood. Just cement beer crates onto the concrete terraces and nail a bit of wood between two beer crates and paint numbers on them.

That is the type of seating, we got at Cambridge years and years ago.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.

What do you know? your a plumber!:jester:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
What do you know? your a plumber!:jester:

Arf...!

Just what i expect from a trainee chippy - if you can't see that it's shite timber that going to be f***ed and twisted by the time it dries out all that salt water, then best you change career - better still, i'm looking for a bod to help out, pass the left handed screwdriver please kiddo..!
:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here