Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyone voting for someone other than the 'big 3'? (well, 2 and a bit)

Dandyman

In London village.
Timmy just captures the arrogance and ignorance of the Tories to me. First if I vote Green - he decides I can't be a true Brightonian (?) without even considering I'd have to be one to be a Brighton supporter! Then a scurrilous accusation that i have to be a veggie (never been to the George or harry Cowley). Lastly (and it gets worse) that I am a member of the black economy when I work full time for my own business, have 3 kids, a small mortgage!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

You and Alan have pretty much summed things up.

Agent Timmy and our cunning plan are proving even more of a succes than I hoped.

Dandyman

In London village.
This is the impression I get every single time he posts his political clap trap on here. I'm genuinely convinced he does more harm than good for the Tories, and that can only be a good thing.

You may be a dislikable chump Timmy, but this really is excellent work. Keep it up. :thumbsup:

:lol:

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
I'm voting Green in Brighton Pavilion, even though I'm not a massive fan of their policies.

Why?

I can't vote Labour because they've made far too many mistakes in recent times to merit another innings.

I can't vote Conservative because I can't see them doing much better, plus, like Alan Cork said, "David Cameron is useless, full stop."

I would vote Lib Dem , but as a) I could never vote for them for as long as they've got that rodent Baker in the neighbouring Lewes constituency (not just for the obvious reasons either - I've met him before doing some kind of promo shoot at my old work, and I've never met someone so pompous and rude) and b) it's a wasted vote, I can't vote for them either.

It's a shame really, as for me I think Nick Clegg is the lesser of the three evils and is the only one who may be genuinely able to give the country something entirely different. So as I would prefer him to get in, but no regional monopoly of parties here in Brighton, I'm tactically going Green.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
BNP.
1. Stop immigration. Britain is fecking full!
2. Incentivise those immigrants already here to return home. Give us our England back.
Get out of Europe ... and save British taxpayers a fortune.
Easy.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
And to be honest, you're going to look like a massive twat if the Tories get THRASHED by the Greens too.

But at least if that happens, I'd like to think you'll realise you've contributed to that result in your own special way.

To be honest, for me it's not about whether the Greens thrash the Tories, or vice-versa.

It's more Timmy looks like a massive twat because of his pathetic electioneering and his ignorance of something he believes to be his and his alone - Brighton.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Well I will be extremely frank with you. Trendy politics involves those who may frequent the Cowley Club or that Veggie pub at the bottom of Trafalgar Street, the George is it? People who's attitude and status in life ensures that they have no real interest in politics or much at all in the mainstream of society.

However they can vote for an ecologically friendly organisation that doesn't mean they are conforming to an interest in mainstream politics.Once one of this group decides to vote others will follow in large swathes.

However (and this is the frank bit) many people who have flaunted their Green support are unlikely to vote. 1) Because for various reasons they are not registered to do so. 2 Because if you live in environments such as perhaps Well End Villas or the New England quarter you may be reluctant to hand in your polling card, as by doing so confirms you live in that address currently and of course certain authorities and organisations may be made aware of this.

It sure is a diverse City.

You really are a horrible little man. Just because someone does not agree with you it means they are not interested in politics. Are you implying that those who have chosen an alternative lifestyle to you are not as interested in politics?

The Cowley Club regulars (of which I am not one) take a far greater interest in politics than the vast majority of people. They are on protest marches all the time, campaign over a variety of issues and offer somewhere cheap to eat for those less well off, all voluntarily. As I recall your mate Call Me Dave is all for community groups making more decisions, imagine how pissed off you will be when these people are involved in this process.

As for your characterisation of Green supporters as those living outside the law (tax evasion), how pathetic an argument is that. There have been people living in Brighton with environmental views for as long as I can remember, the vast majority of them will not live in squats or whatever it is that you are implying.

If you are so proud of being from Brighton and Hove maybe you should open your eyes and see what this city is really like. Or you can continue living in your Preston Park bubble, you are the minority my friend, not those you deride.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
a) The Greens winning Brighton Pavilion is nothing like 'a sure thing'.

b) Bearing in mind the Lib Dems are nowhere in Pavilion, a lot of the Labour vote across the city (not just in those area Tiddles was blathering on about) has swung to Green. Will it in perpetuity? Who knows? But I'd wager (not with money, of course) that if there were a third horse, it would be a lame nag with a red rosette.

Thought this thread deserved a good old-fashioned bounce. :bounce:

I know it was only banter but hopefully everyone who rubbished my argument might think twice.

Turns out Labour were always very much in the race - and I would say I was right - the Greens engineered this rumour that it was a 2-horse race in order to swing Labour voters, in fact I have 2 of their leaflets in front of me now spelling it out. Looks like it works as the way they were pushing it, you have to think that 1,000 of those Green votes could have been "tactical" on behalf of Labour. I would imagine there are a few Labour voters who fell for it and now feel a bit cheated having effectively handed the Conservatives a seat in their lead over Labour. Pretty distasteful campaigning by the Greens in my view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here