Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyone voting for someone other than the 'big 3'? (well, 2 and a bit)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm in Pavilion and won't be voting Green. Someone from the Green Party knocked on my door last night and instead of trying to promote their policies he just handed me leaflet showing that the Greens are favourites to win. That didn't exactly convince me, I'm not making a bet on the winner. :facepalm:

D

Deleted User X18H

I'm in Pavilion and won't be voting Green. Someone from the Green Party knocked on my door last night and instead of trying to promote their policies he just handed me leaflet showing that the Greens are favourites to win. That didn't exactly convince me, I'm not making a bet on the winner. :facepalm:

Sounds about right Bookies obsessed Commies!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Keep it up, Agent Timmy. The plan is working even better than we thought. A few more posts and no one will be voting Tory. :thumbsup:
This is the impression I get every single time he posts his political clap trap on here. I'm genuinely convinced he does more harm than good for the Tories, and that can only be a good thing.

You may be a dislikable chump Timmy, but this really is excellent work. Keep it up. :thumbsup:

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Timmy just captures the arrogance and ignorance of the Tories to me. First if I vote Green - he decides I can't be a true Brightonian (?) without even considering I'd have to be one to be a Brighton supporter! Then a scurrilous accusation that i have to be a veggie (never been to the George or harry Cowley). Lastly (and it gets worse) that I am a member of the black economy when I work full time for my own business, have 3 kids, a small mortgage!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Timmy just captures the arrogance and ignorance of the Tories to me. First if I vote Green - he decides I can't be a true Brightonian (?) without even considering I'd have to be one to be a Brighton supporter! Then a scurrilous accusation that i have to be a veggie (never been to the George or harry Cowley). Lastly (and it gets worse) that I am a member of the black economy when I work full time for my own business, have 3 kids, a small mortgage!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

Don't forget, you're only voting green because one person in your group decided to vote green and you're a sheep without the ability to make up your own mind.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
2 Because if you live in environments such as perhaps Well End Villas or the New England quarter you may be reluctant to hand in your polling card, as by doing so confirms you live in that address currently and of course certain authorities and organisations may be made aware of this.

Are you supposed to hand in the card? The people at my polling station never took mine, just checked off the number on it. And my polling card says I don't actually need to bring it, it just helps speed the process along. If I'm aware of that without wanting to hide my address, wouldn't people who want to vote and not confirm their address be more versed in these sorts of things and know they don't need the card?

Sweetie

Apr 1, 2004
Will be voting for a local independent candidate (Mark Ashwell) in Wokingham. Long time family friend and hopefully get rid of the twat of a local MP we currently have - John Redwood!

D

Deleted User X18H

Are you supposed to hand in the card? The people at my polling station never took mine, just checked off the number on it. And my polling card says I don't actually need to bring it, it just helps speed the process along. If I'm aware of that without wanting to hide my address, wouldn't people who want to vote and not confirm their address be more versed in these sorts of things and know they don't need the card?

They know who you are by the number. Blair/Orwell Orwell/Blair know what I mean nudge nudge!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Oh and Alan you haven't thought of a response to my 'trendy politics' answer yet.....or maybe had one thought for you:wink:

I thought of several answers, none of which really hit the spot. Suffice to say that if that is you being frank, and that is what you really believe, I think you are regressive, ignorant, introspective, insulting, (your bad points are even worse) and that none of your points have any validity based on any sense of reality within the constituency of Brighton Pavilion.

You have an excessive amount of vanity in thinking that true Brightonians think like you and are natural Tory voters. You also display a breath-taking level of ignorance of the city around you in thinking that only small pockets of he city's population vote Green; did you canvass the entire city in order to make such a proclamation? Have you not noticed that the centre of the city - say, roughly south of the Brighton to Lewes railway line - has a large Green vote?

I am inferring from the vocabulary you use that you are absolutely terrified of a Green Party MP sitting in parliament on behalf of Brighton Pavilion, and that you are using your desperate language in order to justify - in your mind - the amazing and shocking contention that not everyone thinks like you.

The phrase 'trendy' in the sense you tried to mean it has, to be frank, no real value.

If the political choices of the people of Brighton terrify you that much, you can always move. No-one will mind.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
They know who you are by the number. Blair/Orwell Orwell/Blair know what I mean nudge nudge!

What on earth are you on about? We've had polling cards with a voter number on since I've been voting (in the mid-70s). It's got nothing to do with Tony Blair.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And to be honest, you're going to look like a massive twat if the Tories get THRASHED by the Greens too.

But at least if that happens, I'd like to think you'll realise you've contributed to that result in your own special way.

D

Deleted User X18H

What on earth are you on about? We've had polling cards with a voter number on since I've been voting (in the mid-70s). It's got nothing to do with Tony Blair.

Derrrr! I am alluding to Big Brother.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
And to be honest, you're going to look like a massive twat if the Tories get THRASHED by the Greens too.

But at least if that happens, I'd like to think you'll realise you've contributed to that result in your own special way.

Don't worry the Tories will win the election even if the Greens end up with 1MP out of 635 (or is it a few less these days).:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here