Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone thinking of kicking the coffin nails into touch after today ?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I had my last roll up on 27/12/2011 after smoking for 53 years.
I had got to the stage where I could not sleep because of the noise my chest was making when I lay down at night. I could not walk the 80 yards up the hill to my home without nearly collapsing and as for those 123 steps up to the WSU, they were getting harder and harder.
Well 86 days further on and the noise in my chest at night has gone, I can make the hill up to my house, panting a bit, but getting better and as for those 123 steps to the WSU, piece of cake.
I have dentist appointment today to get a filling replaced, due to the amount of chewing gum I have chewed during this time.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I had my last roll up on 27/12/2011 after smoking for 53 years.
I had got to the stage where I could not sleep because of the noise my chest was making when I lay down at night. I could not walk the 80 yards up the hill to my home without nearly collapsing and as for those 123 steps up to the WSU, they were getting harder and harder.
Well 86 days further on and the noise in my chest at night has gone, I can make the hill up to my house, panting a bit, but getting better and as for those 123 steps to the WSU, piece of cake.
I have dentist appointment today to get a filling replaced, due to the amount of chewing gum I have chewed during this time.

Well done mate. I'm only on day 3 now but have eaten shit loads of sweets and already chewed through at least 10 packs of gum.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Another vote here for the Stop smoking Clinic, and Champix. Been off the baccy now for 7 months and counting. the first couple of days weere definately the worst, but no where near as bad as previous attmpts to give up. Still Occasionally think I fancy a fag. but so far have resisted, and this includes a few very drunken nights out, when I thought I may relapse, but surprised mmyself, by not having a single fag.

Yay me!!!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
But if everyone stops smoking can you imagine the pressure that will put on the country's resources as people will start living longer!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I gave up smoking new years eve just gone... I went all through Jan and most of Feb without smoking, but even after the first month i always craved a fag in the morning, after a meal, with a pint and i thought i have given up for 2 months and i still have this craving. I never got to the point where i stopped craving a fag and i dont want this craving for the rest of my life. Do these cravings ever go? I cant imagine they do...

Even reading this thread makes me want a smoke...

I think i only manged t give up for 2 months because i gave up in the winter... now the summer is here i can't think of anything better than sitting in a country pub on a summers day with a fag and a beer.

I also agree with someone else previously saying the smoking area is the only place to chat and meet new people, girls etc...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here