Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Still Not Received Their Smart Card?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Finally got mine today, suppose it is yesterday now, but it has been some wait. This is the clubs fault for certain NE, there can be no doubt about that.

Why? It's not in the clubs best interest to be needing to sort out season ticket smart cards this late in the day either, they won't have intentionally had this problem. It's probably easier for me to speak pragmatically, considering I haven't had any problems with my own, but I think a lot of people have been overly critical of the club. I'm glad I wasn't involved in trying to organise the transition. It's a massive job.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Why? It's not in the clubs best interest to be needing to sort out season ticket smart cards this late in the day either, they won't have intentionally had this problem. It's probably easier for me to speak pragmatically, considering I haven't had any problems with my own, but I think a lot of people have been overly critical of the club. I'm glad I wasn't involved in trying to organise the transition. It's a massive job.

They removed my seat because of the big screen over six weeks ago. The whole saga has finally been solved after much leg work from me, basically every stage has meant me going to Falmer to find out what is going on. The smart card part of it has taken two weeks because they reserved my new seat then didn't get round to actually confirming the move until this Monday, so that is ten days with no action towards sending out my season ticket. So yes, it is the club's fault. I'm not one to slag the club off unnecessarily as you will see from other post I have made but in this they were at fault.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Well I've had a smart card for weeks; am now on my third one, due to thw W3E business... and have just received paper tickets to the Gillingham match. What's that about?!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Well I've had a smart card for weeks; am now on my third one, due to thw W3E business... and have just received paper tickets to the Gillingham match. What's that about?!

I'm on issue number 4 now for my new seat. I have two smart cards for a seat that does not exist too. The rate they are going I will not be throwing ripped up newspaper at the start of matches but a collection of obsolete smart cards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here