Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone still in denial?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, this possession argument could have been argued against some of Chris Hughtons opposing managers, when we had lots of possession, yet if my mind serves me right we went 3 games without a shit on target!

The current predicament is a different kettle of fish.

The thing that got me was the OP's "lost the dressing room comment"! How does he know that, what evidence has he and WTF does it even mean?

What a great autocorrect in this post :lolol:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Bit daft, but as Harty once said "if my gran had wheels, she'd be a bus..." or Murray Walker "IF is F1 spelt backwards"... That 5 goals you talk of is 19% more league goals for us so far this season.

Like I said, fine margins. At least under GP the team are in a position where they are going to hit the woodwork. In the year before he joined, we hit the woodwork a total of 5 times, the lowest in the league. In that season we scored 35 but conceded 60. This year, so far, we've scored 27 but only conceded 35.

In 2018/19, we had 371 shots, the second lowest in the league, this season we've had 356 with 10 games still to go.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In fairness to Junior, he pointed out we were in trouble early in the season, didn’t quite believe the hype etc and got dogs abuse for it. probably just wants a apology from those that gave it out and who, fast forward to March, look like ending the season with egg on their faces. However nobody is comparable to Archer and the mouth of Archer. That’s plain ridiculous. Frustration boiling over I’d say.

It’s Cry Wolf syndrome.

He’s said for years, every few weeks, that we’re doomed for relegation.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For me there’s two delusions at play:

1= the delusion that GP is a clueless estate agent playing at being a PL coach, who is so utterly devoid of passion that he never shows any outward emotion whatsoever - that’s he’s so awful a manager that League 1 beckons. Put up against the weekly stats, this is clearly a nonsensical and biased viewpoint...

Yet I sometimes think it.

2= the loyalist view that GP is a near genius, who is too good for the club and this bunch of bang average misfits we call a starting XI... the club hierarchy delusion of top 10 finishes on a shoestring and European glory against all the odds. Yet, the league table simply does not lie ...

But, I sometimes take that view too.

It’s a puzzler ...

Ultimately comparing PL failure to lower league relegation isn’t really a fair comparison... but financially I do worry. GP has produced improved performances but a regression in league position thus far this season...

I remain somewhere betwixt the two delusions at play, where we’ll finish I don’t think anyone can say... with a clear head at least.

I do have that sinking feeling, undeniably so but I’m usually wrong so hopefully that’s how things will play out.

If fans return in numbers however, GP will urgently need to address our woeful home form - yet I rather fancy fans not bring there has been half the problem.

Hmmmm.....I never think either of your two possibilities. Perhaps 'we' are being invited to take sides by some of the toxic posters on NSC. A bit like the Boris/Starmer 'debates' - "which one is the new Jesus, and which is The Devil? Come on! Answer! Your (sic) deluded!".

Look, this is just another Junior wind-up thread. Who starts a thread then just sits back and watches people react (apart from [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION], but he's clever and funny)? A WUM. There is no point discussing the finer points of The Albion in a Junior thread. It would be like talking to the cat. :shrug:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
TB should’ve careful of what he wished for got better football but results the same . Sometimes better the devil you know
Not all buddies either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CH signed Locadia & Ali J. He always was managing a very ageing squad and seemed reluctant to play the kids. I think TB was well within his rights to move to a coach who was more focused on bringing our own youngsters through than keep signing £20M flops.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Anyone still in denial that we are not going down this season?

It's been on the cards for months and Fulhams results today has sealed it. They are on the march and we are in freefall. Hard to see where our next point is coming from.

I've been pointing it out for months that this clueless ****wit is taking us down, yet everybody else seemed in denial. I think most people have come round to realising now that our Premier league days are coming to an end.

Potter will have to be replaced next season as he's clearly lost the dressing room. He's the most uninspiring manager we've ever had bar Hyppia. Churns out the same twaddle every week in his pressers, sucking through his teeth and telling us we are learning...which is clearly bullshit.

Turning some decent players into absolute donkeys, coaching out the ability to score goals, random substitutions, playing Dan Burn every week which should be a criminal offence.

Can't think of anyone who has damaged this club more since Belotti and Archer.

I don't think I've ever heard a bigger knee jerk reaction on NSC, comparing anyone currently at the club to Belotti and Archer because we're fighting relegation in the Prem isn't just harsh, its deluded. I'm not sure what your expectations of this season were, but anyone with a rational perspective would have considered a relegation fight a likely scenario. To suggest that people at the club are damaging it because we're at best underachieving or at worst pretty much where you would expect us to be, is just crazy. Hopefully it's just a reaction to defeat at the weekend and our rivals winning, and a bit more sense will prevail in the coming weeks.

scouse23

Jan 30, 2008
Junior agree 100% with everything you say, there must be someone else who could play instead of that Giraffe who is incapable of jumping off the ground to head a ball, who's cost us so many points this year with bad defending and the in ability to score a simple goal.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Anyone still in denial that we are not going down this season?

It's been on the cards for months and Fulhams results today has sealed it. They are on the march and we are in freefall. Hard to see where our next point is coming from.

I've been pointing it out for months that this clueless ****wit is taking us down, yet everybody else seemed in denial. I think most people have come round to realising now that our Premier league days are coming to an end.

Potter will have to be replaced next season as he's clearly lost the dressing room. He's the most uninspiring manager we've ever had bar Hyppia. Churns out the same twaddle every week in his pressers, sucking through his teeth and telling us we are learning...which is clearly bullshit.

Turning some decent players into absolute donkeys, coaching out the ability to score goals, random substitutions, playing Dan Burn every week which should be a criminal offence.

Can't think of anyone who has damaged this club more since Belotti and Archer.

Not in denial as I still believe we won't go down, however come the end of game 38 the question will be, did we survive because of Potter or despite him?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The absence of March and Webster has massively affected us.
I really didn't think it would have such a big effect, but it clearly has.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Snap - I was just thinking this, and like you I don't really understand why it has affected us so much.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
For me there’s two delusions at play:

1= the delusion that GP is a clueless estate agent playing at being a PL coach, who is so utterly devoid of passion that he never shows any outward emotion whatsoever - that’s he’s so awful a manager that League 1 beckons. Put up against the weekly stats, this is clearly a nonsensical and biased viewpoint...

Yet I sometimes think it.

2= the loyalist view that GP is a near genius, who is too good for the club and this bunch of bang average misfits we call a starting XI... the club hierarchy delusion of top 10 finishes on a shoestring and European glory against all the odds. Yet, the league table simply does not lie ...

But, I sometimes take that view too.

It’s a puzzler ...

Ultimately comparing PL failure to lower league relegation isn’t really a fair comparison... but financially I do worry. GP has produced improved performances but a regression in league position thus far this season...

I remain somewhere betwixt the two delusions at play, where we’ll finish I don’t think anyone can say... with a clear head at least.

I do have that sinking feeling, undeniably so but I’m usually wrong so hopefully that’s how things will play out.

If fans return in numbers however, GP will urgently need to address our woeful home form - yet I rather fancy fans not bring there has been half the problem.

So are you suggesting, that Potter isn't either a useless chancer or he isn't the greatest managerial genius of all time? Are you suggesting the truth maybe somewhere in the middle somewhere?

You do realise this is Northstandchat? I think you'll find the correct procedure is to pick a viewpoint early, the grimly stick to it using ever more inflammatory language, irrespective of whether the facts bear out the conclusion you originally came to.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The absence of March and Webster has massively affected us.
I really didn't think it would have such a big effect, but it clearly has.

I think it's Solly we're missing most.

The week before his injury I posted something along the lines of

"the one player we can't afford to lose is Solly" We just don't have anyone who can do the job he does. It's his delivery we're missing.

With Webby, good player though he is, we have near enough like for like cover and I think we're doing "alright" at the back

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think it's Solly we're missing most.

The week before his injury I posted something along the lines of

"the one player we can't afford to lose is Solly" We just don't have anyone who can do the job he does. It's his delivery we're missing.

With Webby, good player though he is, we have near enough like for like cover and I think we're doing "alright" at the back

Think they are both about equally missed, but in different ways.

And shouldnt forget Lamptey. Involved in 7 goals in his 11 games (despite getting subbed early a couple of times). Would have needed some of that every now and then...

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Surprised we managed to beat the drop 18/19.

Look to be in an equally precarious situation now but with less grit in the dressing room. Made peace with it now, we have thrown away enough points and will have earned it.

Potter has struggled at this level, this isn't surprising given his lack of experience. The length of contract we gave him was the only real surprise. I do hope he stays should we go down, it will make for an entertaining season in the championship. He hasn't adapted to different challenges posed by some teams in the PL but if there is to be an inquest should the worst happen then the recruitment failures and our underachieving players will have sunk us ultimately.

OP referencing Bill Archer, behave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here