Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyone see/watching that dire aitcom on bbc 1

i think its called life of riley but it doesnt matter what its called it is utter f***ing rubbish and the person who commisioned it should be sacked.

oh well at least hustle is on later but that guys left whos name i have forgot and deano from eastenders has some how crawled his way onto the show to probably kill it with his shite acting.:censored:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just to make it even worse, I caught about 5 seconds of it where I saw that the teenage kid has a Palarse flag in his room.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I watched the first 30 seconds then realized masterchef was on. Looked like a carbon copy of several other family sitcoms, was it?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
One of the main child characters is from Burgess Hill apparently?

Fascinating....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Quentin is a serial munter with a deft lack of comic timing.. She was the weakest link in Men Behaving Badly and has gone on to cement that accolade in several shortlived sitcoms. The Sitcom as a genre,experienced an extinction event soon after the inception of " You Rang, M'lord ? " and went in to terminal decline as "Situations" became more and more implauseble.
Interestingly enough, this year sees the 200th anniversary of Charles Darwin, I wonder,if he had been born 150 years later, would he have been able to isolate and define the process of evolution and survival of the fittest through watching 40 years of sitcoms ?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The teenage son (Taylor in real life) is in the same class as my son at school in Tonbridge. Quite a nice fella apparently but is in fact a Spurs fan. Apparently one of the crew is a Palace fan and had that put up.

I gave it a miss solely because of this review....from the Radio Times' own eGuide!

Life of Riley Thursday 08 January
8:00pm - 8:30pm
BBC1
1/6 - In the Family Way
Outnumbered is the great, definitive family sitcom, so I have no idea why anybody would bother with Life of Riley, which, apart from its nods to modern family life, could have been made 40 years ago with Wendy Craig in the Caroline Quentin role. Quentin is Maddy Riley (her name is Riley and the title of the series is Life of Riley - do you get it?), a mother who marries and finds herself head of a new brood - her husband's (Neil Dudgeon) children, her own son and a new baby. It's very broad and pantomime-y, with everyone mugging, shrugging and sighing, and it's packed with "comic" misunderstandings and farce - Quentin even hides under a bed at one point. Life of Riley is innocuous, inoffensive and is just the kind of sitcom that will appeal to ten-year-olds who'll probably enjoy the way the family's knowing kids always get the better of their hapless parents.

RT reviewer - Alison Graham

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I gave it a miss solely because of this review....from the Radio Times' own eGuide!

Life of Riley Thursday 08 January
8:00pm - 8:30pm
BBC1
1/6 - In the Family Way
Outnumbered is the great, definitive family sitcom, so I have no idea why anybody would bother with Life of Riley, which, apart from its nods to modern family life, could have been made 40 years ago with Wendy Craig in the Caroline Quentin role. Quentin is Maddy Riley (her name is Riley and the title of the series is Life of Riley - do you get it?), a mother who marries and finds herself head of a new brood - her husband's (Neil Dudgeon) children, her own son and a new baby. It's very broad and pantomime-y, with everyone mugging, shrugging and sighing, and it's packed with "comic" misunderstandings and farce - Quentin even hides under a bed at one point. Life of Riley is innocuous, inoffensive and is just the kind of sitcom that will appeal to ten-year-olds who'll probably enjoy the way the family's knowing kids always get the better of their hapless parents.

RT reviewer - Alison Graham

Or... "It was utter cock"

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Utter, utter gash. Compounded by the instant feeling of nausea at seeing the older sons bedroom adorned with Pal@rse tat. I assume those are props to imply some level of dysfunction within the family, all the same, a warning before the programme would have been nice.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Utter, utter gash. Compounded by the instant feeling of nausea at seeing the older sons bedroom adorned with Pal@rse tat. I assume those are props to imply some level of dysfunction within the family, all the same, a warning before the programme would have been nice.
I wonder how many viewers phoned the BBC to register their disgust at the horrific and traumatic image of a Palace flag in the eldest son's bedroom. Totally unacceptable that there was no announcement about this and it was shown before the 9pm watershed. I switched over within 40 seconds of the start to watch a documentary about insects in Madagascar on channel 536.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here