Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyone see Pearl harbor last night

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
what a load of old Tosh.

There was one reference in the film to the fact that the US Pacific Fleet had moved its Aircraft Carriers two days before and also that the Japanese did not regard it as a total victory as the main intent was to sink the Aircraft Carriers as well as the main Pacific Fleet.

Also the Spitfires shown at the beginning when the American Bloke joined the RAF were the Mark 1V Versions, which I seem to recall were not produced till after 1944.

Dave the crashing bore

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
dave the gaffer said:

Also the Spitfires shown at the beginning when the American Bloke joined the RAF were the Mark 1V Versions, which I seem to recall were not produced till after 1944.

yeah i noticed that obvious fault too!:dunce: :jester:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I watched Mission Impossible 2 - very good film as well although Tom Cruise is always a bit "cheesy"

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Spot on Dave! It was on at work last night as a couple of the patients wished to watch it (not that they may have been charmed by the female staff on the ward). What I did notice however was the Mustangs also sounded like Spitfires, whilst I was turning a patient.

Now correct my thinking but I thought that Mustangs had a radial engine and not a Merlin.

:angry:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Soton Seagull said:
Despite Jonathan Ross's warnings, I went to see it at the cinema. Good bombing scenes, but has too rate as one of the worst films I have ever seen. Boring with non acting from Ben 'wooden' Affleck. Crap.

ah i think i ahve sen the worse. i saw the new jim carey film the other day. something like 'blank stotless mind' or something like that!!

it was absolutely dire. we left before the end and my mate drifted off half way through. :yawn:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Dave, i actually quite like that film, although i don't own it in my collection <cough cough>.

Thanks for the lift Saturday by the way Dave, you're a LEGEND! :clap:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Pearl Harbour is f***ing SHIT.

I still watched it though coz I fancied the BIRD in it, innit.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
any time chief

Jean Tigana's Blue and White Army:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Sea

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
the film was seriously crap, the dying scene at the end was so crap couldnt stop laughing much to the annoyance of my housemate. only watched it to see josh hartnett topless :p

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dover said:
.........and her father was a far better actor.

Sadly missed as well

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Question: How does Ben Affleck still manage to find work?

Many is the occasion when he's come close to spoilling a good Kevin Smith film.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
80's Seagull said:
Question: How does Ben Affleck still manage to find work?

Many is the occasion when he's come close to spoilling a good Kevin Smith film.

To be fair i thought he was good in Chasing Amy and Dogma.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
'please mam, just dont take my wings':rolleyes:

The film would have been far better if he said

'do you want to get your borwn wings?'

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
You think "Pearl Harbor" is bad? Then you should see what I saw over the last couple of days. A four hour TV movie called "10.5" about earthquakes in Seattle and California. Utter utter utter utter shite. Unbelievably bad. In fact there aren't words to say how bad this film is. How could they make such tripe? I kept it on because watching it became an endurance challenge. I survived "10.5"... :clap:

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
I think it is a good "entertaining" movie..... if I wanted historical facts and correct aircraft I watch the discovery channel -

Do you know how many actual Spitfires are in existence today, and none of the planes on the ground where actually used in the flying scenes as they are too precious, same with jap "zeros" - they used what planes are left today...

Yes the "love" story gets in the way of all the killing but hey it's hollywood!

6/10 for me....

Dandyman

In London village.
dave the gaffer said:
what a load of old Tosh.

There was one reference in the film to the fact that the US Pacific Fleet had moved its Aircraft Carriers two days before and also that the Japanese did not regard it as a total victory as the main intent was to sink the Aircraft Carriers as well as the main Pacific Fleet.

Dave the crashing bore

Still, it was nice of that Yank to come and single handedly save us Brits from the evil Hun or did I miss something ?:censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here