Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone REMEMBER the details of Attillas BET ?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
As MENTIONED on the flouncing THREAD , we ALL know Attilla WELCHED on the bet but what was the bet as I can't REMEMBER it now.
It all GOES to show that you can't TRUST a 58 year old man who PONSES about in TIGHT black jeans and a BERET pretending to be in TOUCH with the YOUTH of today.
Let's HOPE the Albion do the DECENT thing and SACK him from the PA job before he brings anymore SHAME on the club.

ATILLA OUT

:angry::angry::angry:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As MENTIONED on the flouncing THREAD , we ALL know Attilla WELCHED on the bet but what was the bet as I can't REMEMBER it now.
It all GOES to show that you can't TRUST a 58 year old man...

He's a year younger than I am and I'm "only" 52...don't try to age me.

John's a mate of a mine, but I must say that I was disappointed when he reneged on a bet. That's not the thing to do

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It all GOES to show that you can't TRUST a 58 year old man who PONSES about in TIGHT black jeans and a BERET pretending to be in TOUCH with the YOUTH of today.
Let's HOPE the Albion do the DECENT thing and SACK him from the PA job before he brings anymore SHAME on the club.

ATILLA OUT

:angry::angry::angry:
That within ten years, AFC Wimbledon would be higher than MK Dons.

Two or 3 years ago, it became impossible for Attilla to win, TLB came on here looking for his money, Attilla first back tracked, then offered to buy some beer for his mates. He lacks class.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Taken from a previous thread:-

The bet was made with TLB

As AFC Wimbledon lost to Bromley last night and will consequently be playing in the Ryman Premier League again next season, and with the MK Dons currently occupying one of the League Two play-off places, would you like to pay up on our £500 bet of 22/12/2004 now?

(Details: £500 to the footballing cause of the winner's choice for whichever team is higher in the English pyramid system on 22/12/2009. Attila is represented by AFC Wimbledon. The Laughing Bluebird is represented by Milton Keynes.)

Plus

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave the Gaffer
or perhaps the bet was for 2 years time

He dropped me a line earlier. It seems he ain't going to honour our agreement. Claims it was a wind-up.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Just checked the bet, it was the loser would pay £500 to the winners footballing charity of their choice.
The bet was that in 5 years from December 2004 who would be higher up the league pyramid

Atilla - AFC Wimbledon
Laughing Bluebird - MK Dons

As it's physically impossible for AFC to overtake MK now it would be a nice gesture at the Walsall game for Atilla to hand over the £500 and settle up his bet.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Atilla said he was going to hold a fund raising gig and use the procedes to buy us a pint when Falmer opened as a way of settling this bet.
A strange way of settling a bet with T.L.B.B.,using OUR money to buy US a pint.

but it would avoid opening his wallet

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Didnt Attilla the Saxondale say that he made the bet in the "heat of the moment" so thats why he backed out.

Like you say he should pay up tho.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Two things: Firastly I seem to remember when this furore was last raised, he agreed to pay. Secondly, he responded to my desperate appeal on NSC last season for a ticket to the last match of the season. He gave me his ticket and asked for no money - the cash I gave him he forwarded to REMF.
He may have made a mistake once but he's a good guy, he's Albion through and through so stop crucifying him

Don't we have enough binfests on here already today? Can't we save this one for Friday?
On any normal news day I'd have had my money on the Wooten Bassett thread as the most likely binfest cabdidate but today hardly a peep. But as we are here now, Atilla should pay up or be banned from the board imo.

WOW. Is that for real?

Do you take all things that seriously, or just other peoples' bets and an internet message board!

Why not ban him from Falmer too?

It's for real in the sense that if you parade around a public forum making bets in front of people to try and look clever, then I think you should pay up when it backfires or simply just f*** off. However my comments are also motivated by the selfish wish to see his 'poetry' barred from rearing it's ugly head ever again.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
anyone who has a gob big enougth to make any bet should either pay up or crawl up to the person who they owe and beg to be let off.Then they should crawl back under the stone from whence they came,never to be heard from again.
welching on a bet is almost as ignoble as hitting a woman.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be honest I reckon when we get Falmer we will have a professional PA person anyway.

Cant see Attilla "tunes" being popular with the masses at Falmer.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Remember guys, we are in the middle of a CRUNCH in the CREDIT department. The chap could not have predicted such a problem 5 years ago. So... Call it £250?

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Remember guys, we are in the middle of a CRUNCH in the CREDIT department. The chap could not have predicted such a problem 5 years ago. So... Call it £250?

hang on he mathematically lost the bet two years ago,well before the credit crunch how about interest at %5

AND dont forget,he welched on a charity bet, he pledged his winnings(if he got any) to the REMF

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
He's a year younger than I am and I'm "only" 52...don't try to age me.

John's a mate of a mine, but I must say that I was disappointed when he reneged on a bet. That's not the thing to do

Can you remind him next time you see him, he still owes the money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here