Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone own any stocks and shares then?

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
no. but i was thinking of investing in desire oil company in the falklands. as the price of oil rises through the roof. there is definatley oil down there but the problem is getting it out and shipping it out from there. once they eventually get rigs set up then there will be a lot of profit in the market value.
the only thing that stopped me from trying to gain any, i cannot afford the 30 odd pounds that each share costs. the above is good local knowledge that i got whilst down there.

Last edited:

Yep, several in Cafe Direct, Bradford and Bingley, Dimension Data and also a renewable energy project. Don't bother with a bank use an online broker/nominee account. Much cheaper as long as you don't want any perks that come from holding the likes of Eurodisney and the like.

Edit to add

As for how they are getting on. Right now shit, utter shit. Like the rest of the market.

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Now is an odd time to enter the market. After years of steady growth, things have gone mental in the past week. Prices have plummeted sickeningly one day, before shooting most of the way up again the next, only to plummet even further still the next and so on.

I have about £30k in the market, normally that fluctuates by a couple of hundred quid a day at the most. Recently it's been going up and down (mostly down!) by a couple of grand a day. Yikes!

On the one hand, you could catch the bottom of one of those plummets and do well. On the other hand, getting it wrong by just a day or two could be stupidly costly in such a volatile market.

If I was you I'd sit it out a while yet and let things settle down before you invest.

fake slim said:
M&S shares myself. Apparently the price is skyrocketing at the moment...which is nice

And very few saw that coming, so good call.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
My shares - in Lloyds/TSB - have just slumped rather dramatically which I'm not so happy about...

But as a long term investment, I guess banking is a reasonably safe bet (?don't really know this as fact?)

Must admit, I made a fair packet buying cheap shares post 9/11.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not good but been here before.

Trousered £580 profit a few weeks back which was good as the ones I had have dropped like a stone.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Used to have some ManU shares. Bought them at 1.28 poon on the strength of a hot tip double page spread in the News Of The World. Eighteen months later that nice Mr.Glazer made me sell them to him for three quid each.

Caiirn Energy is the shares to buy. They're about twenty quid apiece (were a fiver two years ago) and they've got literally a billion barrels of oil they found underground in India that comes onstream in I think in 2008. By which time the price will be through the roof. Innit.

I'm sure one day we'll be encouraged to buy shares in the Albion. But not for now. So you may as well get the practice in.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Sold mine. I'll wait for Albion shares now.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Easy 10 said:
You're all fools GAMBLING with your money like this.

Yeah yeah, Poker Boy :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Beach Hut said:
Yeah yeah, Poker Boy :lolol:
Its the investment that just keeps giving. ONE deposit made nearly 18 months ago, and I've been taking money off americans ever since.

:clap2:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
readingstockport said:
Spreadbeeting on igindex or the like is a bloody good way to loose a FORTUNE and damn quick as well. Unless you know what you are at stay well clear of that game.

errrr it's exactly the same principle as owning shares.

Read the instructions next time:glare:

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
I have a quite a few different shares and unit trusts. A few years back I got a 20 times return on shares in ARM - nice. I'm waiting to see if animal rights activists are going to "out me" for GSK shares.

My latest investment is a few hundred in this: www.fordhallfarm.com

Not sure I would use Barclays for share dealing - or any other financial transaction come to think of it. There are much better value traders out there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here