Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone overslept on the last train and missed their stop?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Numerous. The worst of which was a trip back from the Darts at Alexandra Palace 2 years ago. My friend and I went our separate ways at Victoria and he called my partner to say he was putting me on a train. Evidently I fall asleep but wake at Preston Park to call her and say I'll be home in 20 minutes. The next thing I know I wake up at Haywards Heath having had a "wee" accident. I looked at my phone to see around 40 missed calls /messages. I'd evidently got to Brighton, having fallen asleep after speaking to my partner, gone back up to Victoria, then come all the way back down again, and even then when I called her, couldn't work out which way the train was going. When I finally make it home I walk into the kitchen and announce that I've p***ed myself and immediately strip naked to have a shower. As I walk into the hall she comes out of the lounge, followed by my in-laws (2 uncles) who have made a surprise visit for the evening, and who, I find out later, have spent a couple of hours looking in every pub in Brighton I may have gone in when I was supposed to have got in nearly 2-3 hours previously...

That made me laugh!!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Nice one Alfie!

I've not had the misfortune (don't know how as I'm always falling asleep) but there is an Albion fan, of legendary status, who could not be woken on arriving back in Brighton from a Walsall game.

The train went back out and he woke up in Luton. No trains back so a £60.00 b&b then had to pay the train fare home the next day too.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Aldershot cup game in 2000. Went drinking in Guildford after then train back to Gatwick. Changed train there with intention of getting off at East Croydon. Fell asleep and woke up....just outside Luton Airport. I'd got on a Thameslink. Last train of night so £70 cab ride back to Epsom!!

Alfie22

Mar 12, 2008
The "East Croydon bounce" - have a drink after work at EC, train to Brighton, asleep on the way then back up to EC where the guard chucks me off according to my ticket - then have to get a taxi back - £80.

Or alternatively, and I don't know how this one worked out, but train to Three Bridges where it terminates (intending to get taxi home). Then being woken up at London Bridge. If the train terminates for the night one would expect train staff to ensure everyone is cleared off it and on to the platform at the minimum. Still, I didn't p**s myself that time, which was a bonus.

I nodded off en route back from Brighton to Burgess Hill, and woke up, fortunately not too far up the line, at Haywards Heath.

As I sat on the platform, waiting for another train back down the line, I began to have the oddest feeling of being watched, and looked up to see a guy standing a few feet away, his old chap in his hand, staring at me and rubbing vigorously :eek:

Wanker :rolleyes:

Were you on duty? Was it George Michael?

D

Deleted User X18H

I did hear of a case on Brighton Corporation Buses a few years ago, when the passenger who was presumably thought to have fallen asleep on the top deck was only discovered to be a dead body when a new driver was preparing the bus for its first trip the following morning.

I think you've had a little too much at one of Mary Mears candlelight suppers.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4029566 said:
Were you on duty? Was it George Michael?

Teasing one out over a woman? Are you sure?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ended up in West Worthing sidings once.

Funniest was many years ago and boarded the fast train, as was, non-stop from East Croydon to Brighton and some bloke also got on and asked the whole buffet "Is this the train to Victoria", a big round of laughter :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Once or twice. Luckily for me, the only stop past mine is Brighton, so there can never be too much damage done.
En route back from Wigan last season I dozed off just after Three Bridges, next thing I knew I was at Brighton station...on an empty train...and minus my programme, that someone nicked.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
I fell asleep on a train to Eastbourne and woke up just as it pulled into Haywards Heath (where I needed to change) to get back to Brighton. I left my coat, scarf and gloves on the train and some nice fella chased after to me to give them back.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Nothinh to bad compared to some on here intened to get off at West Worthing and ended up waking up to the anouncement "welcome to Bognor Regis" The only other time soething similar has happened was about 9pm bladdered from an all day sesh i some how manged to get on the train to seaford instead of the littlehampton train luckily i realsied whenit pulled into London bridge and managed to get back to West Worthing without any further incident.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
ive got loads..... most of them from watching the albion

have missed haywards heath and woke up in hassocks , no cabs . thought id walk but didnt really know the way so walked via ditchling back to the heath. it was freezing , seriously dark and not a lot of pavement action so i kept falling into bushes etc. took me about 4 hours . i couldnt move the next day.

after bournemouth this season i remember getting on the last train home from clapham junction then next thing i realise is i wake and think ill give the mrs a cuddle . except its not the mrs its my mate . we had both fallen asleep and id gone to his but i dont remember. if wed missed that we would have ended up in portsmouth harbour and almost done a whole loop. would have freaked me out.

probably the worst one was when i was working in croydon andliving in bellingham. at 11 am on a friday they decided to send us home as the system had packed up. this was about 15 years ago so , suited up , all of us head to the pub and go on a bit of a session . the next day i found out that we all called it a day about 6pm . my journey home involved a weird train line that has one train on it and only 3 stops so it just goes back and forth all day . i was woken up at 1030 pm by the guard who said it was the last train and i need to get off . great i thought im at my stop result! stagger off home , realise id pissed myself in my suit then look at the watch and realise ive been on the same train going back and forth for about 4 hours during friday rush hour commuter time having pissed myself .:lolol:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I got on the last train out home from the second station on the line (Drumcondra), and woke up entering.... Drumcondra. f***ing driver didn't wake me up when changing ends.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
peterborough away this season ... got the train back to the heath but fell asleep and woke up at brighton . no worries i thought and got the train back to the heath but fell asleep again and woke up at 3 bridges. got the next train back . took me bloody ages

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The worst of my history was after my christmas do at Selfridges about 12 years ago. I was somewhere on Oxford St, i know that much. I was dancing in a cheapish club near the store. Things without feeling were inside me, washed unruefully down, and probably pampered by, a variety of boozes. The next thing i know, i am walking down the road somewhere i've never been with a bump on my head, a single cigarette in my shirt pocket, and am wearing no shoes. Sadly then i have to find my way home. It's getting a little lighter, so must have been approaching 6am. I rang my girlfriend of that time from a phonebox, but rambled with a series of growls and upside down words. I ended up getting the first bus of the morning to Victoria, on which i slept repeatedly, sometimes rolling off the growingly-populated bed i'd made to bang embarassingly on the furrowed floor. The driver eventually turfed me off. I got on the tube and it was then that sleep completely took hold of me. Rushhour obviously was near and up and down the tube line i went for probably 2 hours or more, dribbling on the thick pane of glass that my head leant on. I'd wake and see a different selection of people staring at me in disgust every 10 minutes or so. I'd stare up, wipe the goo from my mouth and attempt to look like i might make it this time. No chance. The eyes closed again and the saliva glands kicked into action. Eventually, i made it, shoelessly, home in order to phone work and say i wouldn't make it in. It was about 10am and i was already 2 hours late. I also had to go to a cheap, local cobblers to buy some shoes in just, on my foot area, a pair of socks.
Everyone at work claimed they knew nothing of where i went, but i still have my suspicions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here