Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone overslept on the last train and missed their stop?

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I got the last train out of London Victoria at 1am and dozed off just past Redhill; I hadn't felt tired before that. The shock I got of hearing "The next stop is Hove" I'd been asleep for nearly an hour and had to get a cab back to Haywards heath which cost me £30 at 3.40am (with the clocks gone forward) :facepalm: It's the first time that's ever happened to me.

Has anyone else overslept and how far did you go? ???

D

Deleted User X18H

Penzance and I ONLY had a zone 12345 Travel Card.

Actually I used to reguarly miss Preston Park after City fucntions . Luckily all trains later in the evening from London Bridge only go as far as Brighton. Once however I was so covered in my own vomit and in quite a state (and had recntly changed my pin number which I could not remember) I had to walk back home from Brighton station only a mile or so, but I got to the dials and it started to piss down , so I sat and fell asleep in the bus shelter out side the newsagents and Austin Gray. I was awoken by two passing Pc's who enquired if I had tried the Stiene or Cambridge Road ? They declined to give me a lift home and I staggered along Dyke Road contemplating the 0737 in 5 hours time . Those were the days.

Last edited:

One4the.road

Jan 10, 2011
I got on a train Brighton to worthing and was woken up by a guard at Portsmouth harbour . £105 to get home and had to pay up front

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Got on train at Brighton to come home, fell asleep.
Woke up back at Brighton having slept all the way.
Stayed on the train and did it for a third time.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
As a student I slept right through to Portsmouth Harbour and got the mail train back to Worthing in the morning.

More recently I woke up at Pulborough one night... no more trains, no taxis, I knew Mrs T was in bed asleep, and it was a pleasant and moonlit night, so I walked the 5.3 miles home! Lovely :yawn:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Used to live in the Medway Towns, quite near Gillingham. Close your eyes for thirty seconds approaching Rochester and suddenly, Tardis-like, you're in Dover.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
In my youth I used to get the last train out of Brighton intending to get off at Portslade. West Worthing was where I ended up more than once and a walk home at 2am soon had me awake.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sadly more than once however the worst was after a heavy night when I was working in Liverpool. Was supposed to get off at Wigan but woke up in Blackpool.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Got on the Victoria line pissed one night and ended up in Walthamstow. If that wasn't enough, next morning, still pissed, got on the Vic line to go to work and fell asleep again and ended up in Brixton!

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Used to live in Maidstone for a while. Once on the last train fell asleep and ended up in the sidings in Ashford. Was woken by a guard and had to pay the only remaining taxi £25 for a ride back to Maidstone.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
I think Bakesy Needs to answer this one:whistle::whistle:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I nodded off en route back from Brighton to Burgess Hill, and woke up, fortunately not too far up the line, at Haywards Heath.

As I sat on the platform, waiting for another train back down the line, I began to have the oddest feeling of being watched, and looked up to see a guy standing a few feet away, his old chap in his hand, staring at me and rubbing vigorously :eek:

Wanker :rolleyes:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I had the misfortune of seeing Guppy for the first time in about 15 years yesterday at Withdean. Didn't he once get kicked out by the police at Plymouth for being drunk, went to the station, got on the first train, fell asleep, and woke up at Lands End?

Some years ago, after a tired and emotional night out in Barnsley, my journey back to Manchester Piccadilly came to an end when I woke up in the middle of the night, parked up in the railway sidings some way south of my intended destination.

They obviously don't check the trains before putting them to bed.

I did hear of a case on Brighton Corporation Buses a few years ago, when the passenger who was presumably thought to have fallen asleep on the top deck was only discovered to be a dead body when a new driver was preparing the bus for its first trip the following morning.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
I had the misfortune of seeing Guppy for the first time in about 15 years yesterday at Withdean. Didn't he once get kicked out by the police at Plymouth for being drunk, went to the station, got on the first train, fell asleep, and woke up at Lands End?

wouldnt surprise me at all !
when i came back from the Spurs fa cup game a few years ago in a drunken state. I feel asleep probably soon after leaving Victoria ,i was woken up by the announcement " we are now arriving at Plumpton " when i really wanted to get off at Haywards Heath. I tried to open the doors to get off ,at least a taxi from there wouldnt have cost too much. The problem being that a short platform meant the doors in my part of the train didnt open, so i ended up in Brighton via Lewes on the advice of the guard , resulting in a £40 taxi fare at just gone midnight

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not quite the same as sleeping in, but I used to work in Reading and there was one single rush hour train out of Paddington that didn't stop at Reading. First stop was Bristol Temple Meads or somesuch. At least once a week we'd get a call at the office that some poor unfortunate had managed to catch that train and instead of arriving at the office at about 8.30, they got in at about half four in the afternoon - to a grand round of applause and much whooping! :lol:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I nodded off en route back from Brighton to Burgess Hill, and woke up, fortunately not too far up the line, at Haywards Heath.

As I sat on the platform, waiting for another train back down the line, I began to have the oddest feeling of being watched, and looked up to see a guy standing a few feet away, his old chap in his hand, staring at me and rubbing vigorously :eek:

Wanker :rolleyes:

Blimey, small world....

Alfie22

Mar 12, 2008
Numerous. The worst of which was a trip back from the Darts at Alexandra Palace 2 years ago. My friend and I went our separate ways at Victoria and he called my partner to say he was putting me on a train. Evidently I fall asleep but wake at Preston Park to call her and say I'll be home in 20 minutes. The next thing I know I wake up at Haywards Heath having had a "wee" accident. I looked at my phone to see around 40 missed calls /messages. I'd evidently got to Brighton, having fallen asleep after speaking to my partner, gone back up to Victoria, then come all the way back down again, and even then when I called her, couldn't work out which way the train was going. When I finally make it home I walk into the kitchen and announce that I've p***ed myself and immediately strip naked to have a shower. As I walk into the hall she comes out of the lounge, followed by my in-laws (2 uncles) who have made a surprise visit for the evening, and who, I find out later, have spent a couple of hours looking in every pub in Brighton I may have gone in when I was supposed to have got in nearly 2-3 hours previously...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here