Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone on here taken up the gold or plantinum packages yet and if so why?

I have read somewhere mention of lower levels than Gold. Does anyone know if there will be a silver or bronze level and how much that would be? Losing my job in September means I can't justify committing to Gold at the moment but a £60 a month option would be a definite possibility.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
When we are playing Hartlepool on a Tuesday night, how many of these seats will actually be occupied?

Fair point, but at least they will have all been paid for, traditional "corporate" seats would just be empty, unpaid for.

I have read somewhere mention of lower levels than Gold. Does anyone know if there will be a silver or bronze level and how much that would be? Losing my job in September means I can't justify committing to Gold at the moment but a £60 a month option would be a definite possibility.

They were originally going to do this, on the belief that they would sell about 250 Platinum seats on the middle tier, in the end they've sold nearer to 1000 Platinum seats (I believe) spread over the middle and lower tier, so the decision was made to do only Platinum and Gold. The Gold seats are on the ends of the middle tier I think, and the Platinum in the centre middle and centre lower.

Fair point, but at least they will have all been paid for, traditional "corporate" seats would just be empty, unpaid for.

They were originally going to do this, on the belief that they would sell about 250 Platinum seats on the middle tier, in the end they've sold nearer to 1000 Platinum seats (I believe) spread over the middle and lower tier, so the decision was made to do only Platinum and Gold. The Gold seats are on the ends of the middle tier I think, and the Platinum in the centre middle and centre lower.

Thanks - looks like the cheap seats for me then!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Anyone know how many of these are now left and where a "best season ticket" seat would now be. Are there none in the middle tier or centre of the lower tier?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I looked at it, but decided not to, primarily because I want to sit with my 3 kids, and I cannot afford 4 premium seats.

I should imagine some people will buy it as an investment, the idea being to sell it on when we are in a higher division.

Same me a 4 and 7 year old aren't really going to get any of the benefits of the package ... so it's three season tickets for us in any area so long as we're there!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Same me a 4 and 7 year old aren't really going to get any of the benefits of the package ... so it's three season tickets for us in any area so long as we're there!

I really hope that there are some good value packages for the Family Stand (East?)

If we are to get Falmer anywhere near Capacity, prices will have to be realistic.

Same goes for the 'Under 21' STs - I hope this is continued.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Does anyone know how many of these seats are available and how many have already sold?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Why don't the club do a two year tie in for kids, one year at Withdean and first year at Falmer. Once the kids get the habit there's no shaking them off the habit ... my boys are presuring me for Chelsea, Fulham, Spurs and even Palace STs, they say they won't to go to real football matches not Brighton!

We PARENTS need help, if they don't start coming to Withdean then it makes it harder for me!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I do think the club have done this all a bit half cocked. I understand the reasoning for why they are doing it this way, but as a long term season ticket holder it does feel a bit bad to see people grabbing the best seats who I know are only occassional attendees at Withdean. Still I will look at the package and make a judgement as to whether it is worth it I guess.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Does anyone know how many of these seats are available and how many have already sold?

Originally they said 1,000 I think but this may have increased?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I do think the club have done this all a bit half cocked. I understand the reasoning for why they are doing it this way, but as a long term season ticket holder it does feel a bit bad to see people grabbing the best seats who I know are only occassional attendees at Withdean. Still I will look at the package and make a judgement as to whether it is worth it I guess.

I fully agree. I took a few days to digest the offer. (Gold) £45 per game based on 23 League games a year (cup games are included if we get home draws!)

Even if we got 3 home cup games a season it still works out at £40 per game.

A complimentary programme is included in the package!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
t bad to see people grabbing the best seats who I know are only occassional attendees at Withdean. .

Whilst I'll not argue this one with you as I do not know anyone who fits that bill, I am pretty sure you'll find the commercial team would have something to say about the accuracy of that statement. They were very clear in their presentation to us that ONLY Withdean hospitality regulars, current sponsors, long standing contributors over and above normal ST rates and long standing high profile fans were invited to buy Platinum tickets up until May 2010. After May any remaining Platinum seats together with Gold seats would be offered for sale to the open market.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Whilst I'll not argue this one with you as I do not know anyone who fits that bill, I am pretty sure you'll find the commercial team would have something to say about the accuracy of that statement. They were very clear in their presentation to us that ONLY Withdean hospitality regulars, current sponsors, long standing contributors over and above normal ST rates and long standing high profile fans were invited to buy Platinum tickets up until May 2010. After May any remaining Platinum seats together with Gold seats would be offered for sale to the open market.

I spoke to a couple of people at Golf the other day who had bought packages and they hadn't been to see Brighton since the Goldstone days

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

If you're this unsure about it then don't buy one. This isn't 9k capacity withdean, there's 22.5K seats, I'll bet any money you like that once season tickets go on sale you'll be able to sit in the west stand within pissing distance of the gold/platinum seats for a fraction of the price.

With the extra income it brings in I couldn't care less if none of them have been to a game in their life. To progress the club we need new fans, they're obviously taking new money which is only a good thing for the club. It will also keep prices down for the rest of us.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just interested. I hear they are selling well etc, and curious as to what sold it to you.

I've gone Platinum along with my father, brother and good friend Uter. I just fancied a bit of comfort.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Gone for lifetime platinum package, hopefully will be a good investment.

Allways stood in the North stand at the goldstone and been a season ticket holder in South Stand at Withdean and the Cowshed at Gillingham. Desided after 10 years at Withdean it was time to push the boat out. I think Falmer will be fantastic but I'll never be a in my teens again and back in North stand so why not sit in luxury while a have a bit of cash to do so. If after 5 years I have had enough or finances are different I might sell it on and go back to my roots!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here