Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone on here ever considered doing a Reggie Perrin

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
On the way to the office just deciding to pop down the beach leave your clothes folded up and disappear off the face of the earth as far as society is concerned.

No more taxes, routine, work, stress about finances.

JUst sod off, sit on a beach eating plants and wondering why we bother with the rat race?

close to knocking it all on the head and doing one to Peru and living in a forest, or Thailand, or the outback in Australia.

No more worries, just quiet time and watching the sea.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I didn't get where I am today by thinking about doing a Reggie Perrin!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I sort of have done one, when I left my ex partner.
He found out where I lived though :annoyed:

Out of idle curiousity, had you thought about going somewhere less obvious, or trying again?

On many occasions,

The most recent being last weekend when I was on my way to work in Canturbury. Driving down the motorway that leads to Dover I was so tempted to carry on get on a ferry and head into Europe. I felt an almost sickening pull in my stomach and had to concentrate on Tom Tom as it ordered me to go to work and continue normality.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I guess it really depends on your circumstances, I am pretty sure that I could disappear quite easily if I really wanted to (not that I do), changing name would certainly be a good start. However, even if you did it legally then I am sure you would be traceable if someone was determined enough to find you, mind you it seems to work with witness protection so it must be possible...even in the UK.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I went and did a Lea & Perrins last night and had some cheese on toast. It turned out to be an excellent decision (although not completely relevent within the context of this thread, I concede).

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I guess it really depends on your circumstances, I am pretty sure that I could disappear quite easily if I really wanted to (not that I do), changing name would certainly be a good start. However, even if you did it legally then I am sure you would be traceable if someone was determined enough to find you, mind you it seems to work with witness protection so it must be possible...even in the UK.

If you had no financial commitments I can imagine it being fairly easy. However, getting a new National Insurance number would be impossible, wouldn't it?

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If you had no financial commitments I can imagine it being fairly easy. However, getting a new National Insurance number would be impossible, wouldn't it?

I agree, but if I were doing a runner it wouldn't involve remaining in the UK. Granted I would have to use my passport to get away from these shores, unless I could find a way of getting to say France without showing it to anyone and taking it from there. My next step would be to go round the camps full of immigrants at somewhere like Calais, find someone who looked a bit like me and swap passports, I could probably pass for an Uzbek, Tajik or Kurd with a bit of a tan...bingo, new identity.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wonder if any survivors of a monumental tragedy like 9/11, or the tsunami, or the Chinese earthquake, take advantage of the situation and simply decide to go missing presumed dead.

If you were gonna do it, thats the way to do it.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...I am sure that sort of thing has happened in the past, taking advantage of a disaster (natural or otherwise) to simply vanish without trace in the assumption that a life had been lost. How about the bloke from Seaton Canoe...sorry, Seaton Carew...that one, he was gone for years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here